ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jto101680

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Just curious. Is there any apps, music players, ect that ICS can run that Gingerbread couldn't? I tried chrome, but thats obviously a phone issue not a version/rom thing.

Optimus V Quattrimus (CM9)

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Just curious. Is there any apps, music players, ect that ICS can run that Gingerbread couldn't? I tried chrome, but thats obviously a phone issue not a version/rom thing.

Optimus V Quattrimus (CM9)

There is Apex Launcher and Nova Launcher. There are others but I haven't been checking.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Been working on a ROM updater today. Reminds me why I'm a server dev not a GUI dev.... the GUI stuff is a pain. :p But hopefully I can at least make it decent looking.

Reactions: cmerlyn

ildog27

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
everything runs smoothly, but there are a lot of force closes, and my phone quick restarts constantly. im not sure if its my pixel density(300ppi) or my CPU(clocked at 806) or a combo of both?

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this is a stupid question or if this is posted somewhere already. What's the difference, if any, between the aosp aokp and cm9 builds? Is there one more bug free than the others?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Germitty

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Square reader...

Yesterday I activated a brand new OV and rooted it. I then did a clean wipe and shut the phone off without installing anything. I pulled the factory 2 gig sd card and partitioned it with Mini Tool Partition Wizard for 1/2 gig sd-ext set to ext4. I booted into recovery and installed CM9 alpha 10 pre 1 and nothing else. When I booted the phone, I signed in to gmail and downloaded square only. After installing square, it appeared to work as it should several times (note I said appeared). I then went to my main OV phone running Bumblebee and verified square works on it. I then restored the CM9 install from the other night on my main OV. I checked and square didn't work on it at all. I shut off and pulled the 16gig sdcard and checked the sd-ext which turned out to be fat32 instead of ext4. I previously had removed the card and formatted the sd-ext partition to ext4 before installing CM9 like I do ever since tdm said to format to ext3 or ext4. When I restored Bumblebee, the partition was reverted back to fat32 as it should have been, but the restore of CM9 didn't change it back to ext4, odd. So I figured maybe that it what the problem is. I then backed up the new OV, did a complete wipe and shut down. Reformatted the sd-ext partition to fat32 with Mini Tool. Booted the new OV into recovery and did a fresh install of CM9 and started the phone only. Shut down, pulled the sd and verified that the sd-ext was still fat32 and restarted the phone. Logged in to gmail and downloaded square only and installed. Square worked the first few tries, but immediately started the "retry swipe faster" popup when I sat the phone on the table. I noticed the reader touched the table first since it sticks out behind further. Setting the phone down or tapping the reader causes the problem. Once it started acting up, FCing square and/or pullng the reader did nothing to make it work again, only rebooting. So an a-hah moment, yeah right. Restored the first CM9, checked sd-ext for ext4 and tried square. Worked at first and wouldn't mess up with tapping or setting down. Then when I rotated the phone upside down, the pop up immediately started and continued every ten to twenty seconds. The I found I could make it act up by rotating the phone, tapping the reader slightly or turning the phone volume up and down through the vibrate setting a few times (vol down, down to vibrate then silent, then back up). All that was needed to stop the problem was hitting the clear button in square once the pop up started. I could then re-enter the amount and description and swipe fine as long as I held the phone and didn't rotate. Now back to the old phone, booted into recovery, did full wipe, shut down and formatted sd-ext partition to ext4, booted back into recovery and a fresh install of CM9 and setup everything just like the new phone. Should work like the new phone, yeah right. Still won't work, I finally got it to read once when swiping very fast between pop ups. Restored Bumblebee and all is fine again, can't get it to mess up at all. I am going to see if square will send another reader just in case I have a reader problem.

TDM, please note...

Since the square credit card reader is an electomagnetic reciever, the movement (no matter how slight) may be creating a flux causing a slight signal anomaly. If so, the ROM could be making the phone or reader too sensitive and picking this up. If I remember right, one of the things done with alpha 10 was work on the sound through the headphone jack. The reader so far has worked fine on alpa 9 back through alpha 7 when I first tried it. If I could get copies of the earlier alphas, I could check them also.

Thanks,
Germitty

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this is a stupid question or if this is posted somewhere already. What's the difference, if any, between the aosp aokp and cm9 builds? Is there one more bug free than the others?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Check a couple of pages back, it's been explained many times already.

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Please don't report any problems that you caused. If you changed your DPI on this ROM then you have no idea what you're doing (TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK) reboots and FC have been reported with dpi changes w/this ROM . (also note that returning your DPI to normal wont fix this, only a full clean install again will fix it back)

Reporting bugs that have nothing to do with this ROM only gives the DEV useless work to do that might cause more bugs.

Remember this is an ALPHA STAGE. TDM knows some features don't work so please report bugs that are relevant with the latest ROM updates.

For those that don't want to read "100+" pages .. you can use the forum or thread search tool at least to see if its been talked about.

For those of you who are upset at the ALPHA ROM - DO NOT expect a fully working or even a daily driver. (even though some still use it DD)

For those of you who havent read the O/P ..this ROM is being worked on as we speak so expect a few bugs along the way.

If you're new to ROMs please read the O/P and do some research before you ruin your phone!

Im sorry TDM if this post is not wanted i will delete it. I just think people need to READ MORE !

Last edited:
Reactions: theexile1

firecrotch666

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Ahhh.
I'm so so stuck here.
I'm planning on getting the Triumph this weekend. But this community is so much larger than the Triumphs... Damn, damn.
I have to make up my mind. Anyone got suggestions?, I know it's off topic tdm, and I'm very sorry.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Ahhh.
I'm so so stuck here.
I'm planning on getting the Triumph this weekend. But this community is so much larger than the Triumphs... Damn, damn.
I have to make up my mind. Anyone got suggestions?, I know it's off topic tdm, and I'm very sorry.

You can buy one for me too... ;)

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Ahhh.
I'm so so stuck here.

Wait 2 weeks for the evo!

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I am actually downgrading from 1200 minutes to 300 so I'm going to save some money but I can see where the $25 folks are pissed.

firecrotch666

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
You can buy one for me too... ;)
I feel like donating my current OV to you for future development, I'll look into it :)
Wait 2 weeks for the evo!
Huh? Any leaked specs on this evo?

Conveniently just after they change the terms to force you to jump to the $35/mo rate when you switch phones...

Thats exactly why I'm trying to switch phones fast, there is no way I'm paying 10 dollars more (I'm kinda cheap..), they're really starting to get on my nerves, ever since they started throttling us, I haven't been too happy..

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Your rate won't increase after buying the Triumph, no matter when you buy it. The increase applies to phones released after 5/1 only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay