ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

samlin168us

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes i had made 2 back-ups before i flashed this alpha build. My recovery doesn't work along with my phone not being rooted anymore.. When i go into recovery mode it WILL NOT let me chose anything like it did before. I used SuperOneClick on my computer and it would SAY that my phone "has been rooted" but i doesn't. If i does, i don't have a way as i've said before to boot into recovery. I've become so frustrated with this ROM due to all the bugs its unreal. I'm tired of it randomly re-booting, All* of my apps force close after 5 minutes, if not 5 before then. My dial-er app sometimes doesn't work and when i get phone calls its so slow and laggy i miss the phone call before i even get the choice to answer or ignore. I AM a Noob, sorry for the attitude in my previous posts. I'll give ANYTHING just to go back to my stock ROM and work from their and actually read things before i rush into ROMS thinking they are the best to choose from.

seems recovery broken, try to re-flash recovery again.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes i had made 2 back-ups before i flashed this alpha build. My recovery doesn't work along with my phone not being rooted anymore.. When i go into recovery mode it WILL NOT let me chose anything like it did before. I used SuperOneClick on my computer and it would SAY that my phone "has been rooted" but i doesn't. If i does, i don't have a way as i've said before to boot into recovery. I've become so frustrated with this ROM due to all the bugs its unreal. I'm tired of it randomly re-booting, All* of my apps force close after 5 minutes, if not 5 before then. My dial-er app sometimes doesn't work and when i get phone calls its so slow and laggy i miss the phone call before i even get the choice to answer or ignore. I AM a Noob, sorry for the attitude in my previous posts. I'll give ANYTHING just to go back to my stock ROM and work from their and actually read things before i rush into ROMS thinking they are the best to choose from.

When you turn the phone on, does it power on with nothing but a black screen? Second, when you connect usb to the computer, does it recognize the phone?

Germitty

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
When you turn the phone on, does it power on with nothing but a black screen? Second, when you connect usb to the computer, does it recognize the phone?

Reading what you quoted from jr0sier, he is getting more than a blank screen so no to your first question. Second question's answer is yes since SuperOneClick on his computer is "seeing" his phone and saying it is already rooted. Read what you quote.

Last edited:

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Do you think the release for a10 final will be pushed back, or will it still be on time? And, is it bad if he stopped developing for the p500?

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
The updater will probably be ready for use early next week. I'll probably make a new thread here for testing, but it's a general app that could be used with any Android device.

I'm having second thoughts about the recovery free installer but we'll see...

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Do you think the release for a10 final will be pushed back, or will it still be on time? And, is it bad if he stopped developing for the p500?

I got distracted with my updater, sorry. But trust me the updater will be a really nice feature.

I'm not clear on exactly what all the "team hal" members are doing or how it will affect our development. But those guys have made substantial contributions to enabling all the ics roms for the thunderc phones (the ov, os, etc.)

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Oh that reminds me... is anyone good at making app icons and menu icons? I really suck at graphic design...

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Oh that reminds me... is anyone good at making app icons and menu icons? I really suck at graphic design...

ICS Updater icon, eh? Let's see what I can whip up. What is the basic premise of the app? I can do buttons and what not, but I really don't understand making .9 png's so you may be on your own there. But is the only function of the app to update to a new ICS ROM?

Reactions: tdm

TauSigmaNova

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Can't wait till next update...
If you fix the FCs this ROM will be so amazing....

I can do graphic design but not good with the whole icons thing :p

Reactions: tdm

KeviiinS

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
The updater will probably be ready for use early next week. I'll probably make a new thread here for testing, but it's a general app that could be used with any Android device.

I'm having second thoughts about the recovery free installer but we'll see...

You're using API level 15 right?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Here's one I just made in 20 or so minutes. Any good? Am I going in the right direction or would you like something completely different? I just used the template from my upcoming icon pack.

FWIW, I like it, but I'd change 'Networks' to 'Updater'.

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
What is the difference between aokp and aosp? Thanks.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Please read through the thread. It's been stated at least 8 times if not more. but ill say it one more for all of us:
Aokp: Android Open Kang Project = a sh*t ton of customizations.
Aosp: Android Open Source Project = pure stock android SW

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
ICS Updater icon, eh? Let's see what I can whip up. What is the basic premise of the app? I can do buttons and what not, but I really don't understand making .9 png's so you may be on your own there. But is the only function of the app to update to a new ICS ROM?

Well the app will be rather similar to backside updater, but expanded. It is a ROM library and install initiator. I have only used ROM manager once on my nook so I don't have a good idea of its capabilities, but it's an apt name.

Its not an installer. If I do a recovery free installer, that will be separate.

Status
Not open for further replies.