ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

radditz145

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey tdm What is working and not working in Aosp? Would it be Worth flashing right now? I'm using a10 pre 1 aokp

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey tdm What is working and not working in Aosp? Would it be Worth flashing right now? I'm using a10 pre 1 aokp

I'd ask someone who uses it. cole2kb? I believe phone and wifi works, the camera does not. Bluetooth music probably works. Not sure about anything else, really. I'd like to hear a good report on what does and doesn't work, actually. Especially as compared to cm9. cm9 is sort of the source of all the code that makes AOSP and AOKP work because only cm9 supports armv6.

Reactions: lattimorej1986

radditz145

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I'd ask someone who uses it. cole2kb? I believe phone and wifi works, the camera does not. Bluetooth music probably works. Not sure about anything else, really. I'd like to hear a good report on what does and doesn't work, actually. Especially as compared to cm9. cm9 is sort of the source of all the code that makes AOSP and AOKP work because only cm9 supports armv6.

Will aokp and Aosp ever support armv6 tdm?

Reactions: tdm

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I remember being compelled to flash something else after less than a day with AOSP, but unfortunately, I don't remember why now. Hopefully someone else can chime in, if not I'll flash it back and give it a real go very soon.

As far as the SD card issues, I had used Photoshop just fine on IHO a loooooooong time ago. The only reason I threw up a red flag was because it was two apps in a row that wouldn't save, and a reboot didn't help anything. *shrug*

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Will aokp and Aosp ever support armv6 tdm?

aosp will not. aokp might, if they ever decide to support an armv6 device. But the code would likely be taken from cm9 and/or caf, I doubt aokp has the desire to reimplement all that work.

anon(787630)

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Wyyyyyked awesome! AOKP wouldn't flash for me first try, but AOSP did, trying cm9 now. Same bugs reported by others, smooth and fast though.:thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Memory management to fix the fc's and the device id for market issues at least.

not to make any big predictions but if the memory management is resolved,ill bet many of the fc's will disappear. that alone wil stabilize the heck out of this rom. i follow the thread but dont post much on it. id say a memory management fix will be a turning point in stability. look forward to it.

bhasden

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I saw something a week or two ago where someone mentioned that the speakerphone for CM9 didn't work. I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but the speakerphone functionality itself seems to work for me, but the volume doesn't go up loud enough for it to be useful. I made a call today and swapped back and forth between the speakerphone being on and off. When it's on, the sound properly comes out of the speaker pointed towards the back of the phone. Anyone else noticed the same thing?

webb.jonathon

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Guess what guys? A few months from now, we'll take ics roms for granted. They'll just work, with no issues and no hassle, just like an IHO gingerbread rom.

If you've been following quattrimus since the early alphas like I have, you know just how much effort tdm has poured selflessly into this project. Some already take it for granted. This is a mistake. Tdm is hugely responsible for bringing ics to the OV, something that many said was impossible.

Thanks, tdm.

Raul720

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey tdm, does the optimus v also need the openmax codecs for qdsp5 in oder to get full h/w decoding? I've noticed that the OV has an msm7627 but in the one forums they are asking for the libs for msm7227.

OptimusNate

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

Indeed, the phone and wifi work. The only issue that I found was that root was not enabled, and there was no option in developer settings to turn it on. I didnt try the camera.

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing with the speakerphone as well. It does work however, the volume is really low and adjusting it doesn't really do the trick.

benslgdroid

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I tried this and was awesome but I can not get my apps to restore through titanium. I also use link2sd. What I do get installed when I reboot it said optimizing apps then the apps are gone. Any ideas?

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I tried this and was awesome but I can not get my apps to restore through titanium. I also use link2sd. What I do get installed when I reboot it said optimizing apps then the apps are gone. Any ideas?

People have mentioned link2sd before and the answer is always this: roms with built in apps2ext don't play nice with apps that do the same.
I still don't see why people keep trying to use apps to move stuff to sd-ext on a rom that moves everything to sd-ext..

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
sync facebook app upon install,it used to sync contacts to friends list. but i dont and haven't used it in some time. so it may not still do that.

That's what I did, but still doesn't show pics in my contacts. I guess I'll reinstall and try again.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

benslgdroid

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
People have mentioned link2sd before and the answer is always this: roms with built in apps2ext don't play nice with apps that do the same.
I still don't see why people keep trying to use apps to move stuff to sd-ext on a rom that moves everything to sd-ext..

I missed that. How do you get that to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy