ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

heretic1990

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey tdm, I got the APK for S voice ( the leaked one shown here the other day ) It boots and sometimes runs, but I cant send a text or make a call. It FC's. I was wondering IF you had time could you take a look to see if its compatible with the V? I dont want to hinder your great work on the Rom, but if you knew any reason it wouldn't work. S voice isn't Frimware depenant, so I thought Id give it a try. lol

Reactions: epicb0dyc0unt

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if anyone else is having the problem with Facebook. It loads up but I get a white screen. Until I go refresh is when I get to see it. But just trying to bring up the problem so it may be fixed on the next build. Thanks tdm.

I am using tinfoil right now btw

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

I have that issue too, even on my LG-E739 running official CM9 nightly

Use FriendCaster as an alternative, you're gonna love it

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Don't know if anyone else is having the problem with Facebook. It loads up but I get a white screen. Until I go refresh is when I get to see it. But just trying to bring up the problem so it may be fixed on the next build. Thanks tdm.

I have the same Facebook problem, but it didn't start until after the last app update... Facebook's problem?

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

jimlikesmayo

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
TDM: Here's something strange. Maybe my SD card is going bad, but I wanted to edit a couple of photos quickly on my phone, so I downloaded Photoshop Express, and it wouldn't let me save any photos. No biggie. Tried another app (Picsart) and it popped up an error about my SD card being unavailable. Any thoughts on this? I can read / write just fine using Wi-Fi File Transfer, take pictures and they save, etc... Just bad eggs of applications or could there be backend problems with the SD card that we don't know about?

I had the same problem with both apps, I think your sd card is fine :)

Reactions: cole2kb

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

I have that issue too, even on my LG-E739 running official CM9 nightly

Use FriendCaster as an alternative, you're gonna love it

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I have the same Facebook problem, but it didn't start until after the last app update... Facebook's problem?

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

Same here

I don't know if it is Facebook's problem or not, but a couple of notes:

I have had success copying the facebook APK from /data/app to /system/app, setting permissions to rwx all around and rebooting.

Tinfoil is nice, but for those that don't know, it's just a browser that goes straight to the Facebook mobile site, and doesn't work well for those like me who need the in-app features, who appreciate notifications, or who need to manage Pages.

Friendcaster in theory is the best alternative option, BUT, one thing they don't make you aware of is that if you have people on your friends list who have parts of their profiles blocked from 3rd party apps, they won't show in Friendcaster. I only have about 30 friends on Facebook, so they are all people I keep in regular contact with, and not getting updates from some of them sort of defeated the purpose, I was missing status updates and photos in this case.

Reactions: drm1992

mcclain71

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
akop 10 worked for me, but weird issues now. one minute the camera works, and then it doesnt. a reboot and everything works. lol. im running 806 smartass2 governor and no fc's :)

drm1992

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it is Facebook's problem or not, but a couple of notes:

I have had success copying the facebook APK from /data/app to /system/app, setting permissions to rwx all around and rebooting.

Tinfoil is nice, but for those that don't know, it's just a browser that goes straight to the Facebook mobile site, and doesn't work well for those like me who need the in-app features, who appreciate notifications, or who need to manage Pages.

Friendcaster in theory is the best alternative option, BUT, one thing they don't make you aware of is that if you have people on your friends list who have parts of their profiles blocked from 3rd party apps, they won't show in Friendcaster. I only have about 30 friends on Facebook, so they are all people I keep in regular contact with, and not getting updates from some of them sort of defeated the purpose, I was missing status updates and photos in this case.

Did putting it in the system apps did it work?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It did for me, but YMMV. I've also heard the same thing fixes the GMail issue but I have not had any problems with it so I've never had to try it.

drm1992

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey it worked bro. Thanks. I dont really know about this permissions thing. I clicked all of them for owner only is that coo? Or do I need to do more?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey it worked bro. Thanks. I dont really know about this permissions thing. I clicked all of them for owner only is that coo? Or do I need to do more?

Hey man, if it worked than it worked. :) I just marked them all so I didn't have to go back and do it again if the first set I tried didn't work.

Reactions: drm1992

ccallahan91

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
ive noticed on aokp 10 that ill often go through a few hours without receiving any texts, a battery pull fixes this, i dont think this is just a network issue as this didnt happen as often on iho, just wondering if anybody else has had this happen or if the network is just getting worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084