ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Noob question...when the next update is out do we have to do a full wipe or just system boot cache n dalvic?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

You CAN but sometimes it can cause issues you it's recommended that you do a complete wipe but I've never had a problem with the update wipe method.

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

Reactions: drm1992

blizard

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Everytime I download something it gets to 100% says complete then when I click it it sends me to the downloads app saying it failed any one know how to fix this

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
He isn't trying to improve his battery life. He is trying to solve issues with reporting the charge level.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Battery stats has nothing to do with the reported charge level either. It's just data about discharge, reported from the battery, not to it.

This space intentionally left blank.

anon(235100)

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Man, I don't know if it's just me but I wipe, boot/system/data/cache/dalvik & have tried both of the 10pre1 builds I've downloaded probably 6 times and can only get about 1 minute into booting up before the phone locks up and reboots. On some of those attempts I was able to get to the performance sections & see that the CPU is set to 245/600 and a standard governor but once I do any button clicking or just let the phone sit there it locks up and reboots.

I tried getting a logcat but by the time I got it installed the phone rebooted & now just hangs at the LG logo. I wish I had more info than this.

I don't know if others have similar experiences with the quattrimus ROMs and I was curious if I'm not the only one having as many hangups before they can do anything.

anon(787630)

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Man, I don't know if it's just me but I wipe, boot/system/data/cache/dalvik & have tried both of the 10pre1 builds I've downloaded probably 6 times and can only get about 1 minute into booting up before the phone locks up and reboots. On some of those attempts I was able to get to the performance sections & see that the CPU is set to 245/600 and a standard governor but once I do any button clicking or just let the phone sit there it locks up and reboots.

I tried getting a logcat but by the time I got it installed the phone rebooted & now just hangs at the LG logo. I wish I had more info than this.

I don't know if others have similar experiences with the quattrimus ROMs and I was curious if I'm not the only one having as many hangups before they can do anything.

Have you tried any other ROMs since? Recoveries? Which version of Quattrimus ?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm batting a thousand today.

I built a new CM9 ROM and put the delta up. The updater fetched it fine and then ran out of memory applying the patch. Apparently the java rdiff implementation is not very memory friendly.

So then I put the ROM on the device and tried to do the automatic recovery install, and that failed, saying it couldn't mount the partition holding the ROM.

Finally, I installed it normally, and the phone went dark after the boot animation as if the screen driver was not working.

Sigh. Guess I'll keep on trying...

Revenant Ghost

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site

I built a new CM9 ROM and put the delta up. The updater fetched it fine and then ran out of memory applying the patch. Apparently the java rdiff implementation is not very memory friendly.

So then I put the ROM on the device and tried to do the automatic recovery install, and that failed, saying it couldn't mount the partition holding the ROM.

Finally, I installed it normally, and the phone went dark after the boot animation as if the screen driver was not working.

Hey man, don't give up. You'll get it. We're rooting for you. Well, most of us anyway. That's one of the reasons why you shouldn't rush for the sake of ETA's.

Last edited:

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Right now I'm trying out the updated memory settings -- mostly adjusted lowmemorykiller parameters. It's looking promising. I'll use it for the evening and see what happens.

I saved off the code for a10pre1 so I think I'm going to go back to that for the next update, until I can figure out what's going on with the screen in the latest CM9 code. I'm thinking I'll make a pre2/pre3 using that code and save the updated code for alpha11/beta1 (yeah it's getting super close to beta).

dr0shm0e

May 3, 2012
Visit site
:-\

:-\ its worth the work n the wait if their was something I could xo to help I would
:-!

Reactions: rebel69ization

Revenant Ghost

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to jump down your throat, but please don't ask for updates. Its to hard to know. One day everything can be working and the next you run a sync and everything is broken. He has enough work to do anyways. I don't think people realize how difficult this is.

Done ranting now :p carry on

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

And lo and behold that's exactly what happened.

Reactions: sellers86

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Perhaps you should back up your sd card onto your computer, and then format your sd card. then put clockworkmod file back on and try installing again? Anyone else think that's a good idea? I'm not sure, I'm not the smartest person on here.

bregga

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
weird did server crash i was reading the forum was up to page 240 then wam back to page 193 and nothing further no update download either still showing pre1 for cm7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox