ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
For anyone that likes a little more customization, I flashed Reloaded and changed my status bar up a little bit. So far there playing nice together. By the way, no fcs or reboots so far today :D The link for Reloaded is on xda and supposedly works on all CM9 roms.

OV CM9 quattrimus ICS

Well I tried it for aokp but it wouldn't allow opening the app, so i'm just gonna switch to cm9. The only reason I preferred aokp to cm9 was because of the status/notification

Harpo1224

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Installed aokp-a10p3 last night. Definitely the most stable one to date (following since a9). The interface is faster and feels more responsive, even with no kernel or overclock changes. Very few FCs, usually under high-stress situations.

Camera, 3g, wifi, speakerphone (through sipdroid) all work great.

On previous versions, Titanium backup would only install a few apps, then freeze (reboot, repeat until finished). This time, it installed everything on the first pass.

Square works !!!

Voice search does not work, FCs after 3-5 seconds (I believe it has not worked under any version of this rom for me). It would be nice to have, but I'm willing to live without it. I'll try some 3rd party voice search apps today and report back.

Battery live is dramatically improved. a10p1 would drain 40% overnight with everything turned off. This one used only 15% in the first night I used it. Not epic battery status, but it's entirely acceptable for my purposes.

Major props to TDM for all your hard work. I know we all really appreciate it.

(p.s. Not to jump any guns or sharks or anything, but this feels like a beta to me ;-)

theexile1

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Not trying to ask too much but do you think you could take a look at the gummy rom (its ics) it has alot of features its like cm7 + cm9 + aokp. i was just wondering i read about it on xda. and open source

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Voice search does not work, FCs after 3-5 seconds (I believe it has not worked under any version of this rom for me). It would be nice to have, but I'm willing to live without it. I'll try some 3rd party voice search apps today and report back.

Delete it using Titanium and install it from Play.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Harpo1224

epicb0dyc0unt

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Well I didn't think i'd touch another alpha phase of those only because I couldn't stand the instability. I got curious about today's drop. Put it on the phone, flashed amphetamines and it runs so well with no overclock (my minimum is set to 480 however). I am thoroughly impressed.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
When I do that I lose my voice to text button on the stock keyboard. Any fixes for that?

Hmm. No clue there. Make sure the voice input option is checked under Language and Input settings, also check the Voice Input Key setting under the stock keyboard settings. (Language & Input and then tap the Settings button next to Android Keyboard). If neither of those work, maybe try installing the ICS keyboard from Play as well?

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Can someone recommend a decent clock to use with this rom?

Preferably something consistent with the ics interface.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

I am using BeWeather Pro on mine. The clock is very nice, and will launch a clock app of your choice - I use Alarm Clock Extreme Pro. The widget allows you to select the font of your choice (true type fonts on your sd card)as well as the color.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Krobar

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. No clue there. Make sure the voice input option is checked under Language and Input settings, also check the Voice Input Key setting under the stock keyboard settings. (Language & Input and then tap the Settings button next to Android Keyboard). If neither of those work, maybe try installing the ICS keyboard from Play as well?

The voice input option disappears when I install voice search from play. It was there before I uninstalled voice search 3.0.1(what came with the rom) and installed 2.1.4 from play. I would really like to speech to text and I'm totally stumped trying to fix this. Can't find anything in google searches either.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
My next suggestion is an after market keyboard. I know it doesn't "fix" the problem, but may be tolerable in the meantime? Perfect Keyboard is a really nice one.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I will try to poke around this Voice Search issue when I get home tonight. I just uninatalled it and loaded the Market version and it looks like it removed the input for voice totally (was listed under Keyboards before.)

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey tdm, I don't know if this will help but thekraven almost has his camcorder working, (his alpha 11a) someone said that it shows a preview and everything and tries to record, it just crashes after you stop recording. Love the new build!!!!

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.