Status
Not open for further replies.

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Tested and confirmed to work.

Looks great too.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

I noticed that different apps seem to prefer different Methods of installation. I mixed and matched the rootzwiki zips with some apks I found on xda.

If there's any need for it I could post a write up.

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Will this rom make our phones compatible with wimax 4G? I think I know the answer. Which is no . But its still worth asking . Because it gives that option on the Widget buttons. So jw .

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Will this rom make our phones compatible with wimax 4G? I think I know the answer. Which is no . But its still worth asking . Because it gives that option on the Widget buttons. So jw .

No. The ov doesn't have a 4g radio, it will never happen

sent from my Nokia 5110

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I am now getting a typical battery life of 2 days, about what I was getting on IHO. I have yet to see a reboot on this rom, and the f/c's have now dropped to just about zero.
I don't use the phone, bluetooth, MMS, or SMS; so I can not judge these aspects. I do use GrooveIP with my Google Voice account, and have had no issues with that at all.
I do use my GPS a bit, and it seems to work fine. I did have a problem with the app Beat the Traffic, but found that as long as I don't upgrade it to version 2.0 it works fine. I believe this to be a problem with the app.
Wireless has be solid for me, and that is a key aspect for this phone, as it only works on wireless.
I use Enhanced Email, which I got for free from Amazon, and have uninstalled Email and Gmail. EE has worked great with every ROM I have tried, connects to my work Exchange account, my gmail and my regular mail with no problems.
I don't play games (mostly because I am terrible at them!), so no judgements there either.
The only thing still outstanding on my list is the camcorder and panoramic camera.
For me, this ROM (CM9 Final) fulfills all of my needs for my phone very nicely, looks good, runs smoothly, generally makes me happy.
Thanks, tdm and all the folks who worked to get this ROM up and running. You are the best!

Ohh, just noticed... I bought this phone one year ago today. Happy birthday!

Last edited:
Reactions: glarepate and tdm

jto101680

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Is, there a link between the lack of memory w/o having your sd card partitioned and the force close of the play store? I want to partition but my laptop is down. :banghead:

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Is, there a link between the lack of memory w/o having your sd card partitioned and the force close of the play store? I want to partition but my laptop is down. :banghead:

An SD-ext partition will fix the market's 'package file invalid' error. I still see the occasional market fc tho.

I recommend the partition.

Reactions: jto101680

dr0shm0e

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone please tell me which of the three roms Is the best? Asop, CM9, or AOKP
depends on what your looking for apples oranges and bananas there all up to snuff aside from the few problems i.e. gallery fc and whatever else anyways the bugs are minimal umm cm9 has dsp which lets you play with the eq of your speaker headset and bluetooth which is cool. aokp comes with alot of tweak and stuff i havent used asop since alpha 9 but if i remember its bare just the basic rom no bells or whistles well other then it being ics 4.0 which is a benchmark in and of it self try em all they all work good now :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

ssaliba93

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
depends on what your looking for apples oranges and bananas there all up to snuff aside from the few problems i.e. gallery fc and whatever else anyways the bugs are minimal umm cm9 has dsp which lets you play with the eq of your speaker headset and bluetooth which is cool. aokp comes with alot of tweak and stuff i havent used asop since alpha 9 but if i remember its bare just the basic rom no bells or whistles well other then it being ics 4.0 which is a benchmark in and of it self try em all they all work good now :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Which is the most stable you think?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Which is the most stable you think?

They are all good, but CM9 on paper will be the most "stable" as AOKP and AOSP have to have code pulled from it to make them compatible with our processor.

One thing that you and everyone else needs to remember is that, even just reading a few pages back it's evident that these roms are truly a YMMV experience and you won't know what works best for your phone until you try them all.

ssaliba93

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
They are all good, but CM9 on paper will be the most "stable" as AOKP and AOSP have to have code pulled from it to make them compatible with our processor.

One thing that you and everyone else needs to remember is that, even just reading a few pages back it's evident that these roms are truly a YMMV experience and you won't know what works best for your phone until you try them all.

Thanks because I used AOKP once a while back and it had to many bugs so right now I'm using ics 2.3.7 and it's great but I think I want CM9 now instead of cm7

bdieu17

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
(Just for claification) Since majority of the bugs and issues of these ROMs are fixed, is the progress of these ROMs solely dependent on the advancement of the CM9 source (i forget the correct term for it) ?

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
This are nice themes but they have been outdated already

Sent from my LS-LS670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

I noticed they were all for the evo and didnt even fool with them.

I wound up using travp624's inverted themes. If you see a blacked out browser or google maps let me know!

bregga

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the extended battery on mine I charged it thursday night and right now i still have 24% left battery life went through the rioof for me with ext on stock i would get about 16 hours.
running aokp atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463