ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
No matter how many times I hit refresh, or how long I let it sit, RomKeeper never shows anyything

Open romkeeper. The screen will be black. Hit the menu key on the phone and it will open refresh and settings. Go into settings and check auto updates, then go back and hit refresh. If it still stays black just close it and wait a few minutes. You'll see an icon in the notification tab pop up. When you open the app back up, there should be a list of the three roms on the homescreen. Once you do that everything should work. It works great after you get it going, just needs a little jump start is all.

Ksjuggalo

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Made a lot of progress on the rom keeper. The database storage system works, the downloader works, and the patcher even works with my own rdiff code (it's surprisingly small). I have a few little details to fix up though.

But there is a bigger problem. I programmed the app to fetch the mediafire link page, extract the deep link to the rom, and then fetch the rom without pulling up a browser at all. That worked a couple of times, and then stopped working. It looks like mediafire has somehow flagged my downloads and has switched to giving my app a captcha to "authorize" the download. I don't know how they detect this but .. well .. it works. :p

So, does anyone know of an alternate host that might work for this? If not, I need to totally rework the download code. :(

Don't know for sure. But how bout goo.im ...or even better source forge. Ummm I'm thinking....will get back to ya. Ib be happy to donate some space and bandwidth.. .but I'm host less atm. But when I get my hosting back I'll host ya. Few weeks tops?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: tdm

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Don't know for sure. But how bout goo.im ...or even better source forge. Ummm I'm thinking....will get back to ya. Ib be happy to donate some space and bandwidth.. .but I'm host less atm. But when I get my hosting back I'll host ya. Few weeks tops?

Thanks. I'm currently using LeslieAnn's vmroms host and I made a kludge for mediafire. But alternates are always welcome. :)

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
So I remember there was a way around this but I can't remember The entire solution..... TiBu isn't restoring any Of my apps and I remember that the fix is by putting it in the /system folder but I can't remember where.....

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

System/app??

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ryuk6666

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So I remember there was a way around this but I can't remember The entire solution..... TiBu isn't restoring any Of my apps and I remember that the fix is by putting it in the /system folder but I can't remember where.....

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

Open TiBu.. go to preferences. all the way down at the bottom you'll see app processing mode. open that and select auto, indirect.

Reactions: Ryuk6666

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
System/app??

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys but neither worked. I actually found the problem. If your dalvik is too full (mine only had 116k left) TiBu won't restore anything.... And you can't manually install apk's either.... But thanks for your help :p

Open TiBu.. go to preferences. all the way down at the bottom you'll see app processing mode. open that and select auto, indirect.

KeviiinS

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Make a github website.. u know.. the user name.github.com kind...
Make a repository named like that, i think for u itd be tdmcode.github.com? Then put the rom.zip in a folder, then it becomes downloadable ':)

youarepoop

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
got romkeeper to work. i had downloaded it on computer to my Dropbox, and installed on phone from Dropbox.
after deleting, then actually moving apk to phone and installing, all is good.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Ksjuggalo

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I'm currently using LeslieAnn's vmroms host and I made a kludge for mediafire. But alternates are always welcome. :)

Hold me to it. I love the work your doing here. Want to get into dev work myself. I'm thinking brownie points can't hurt. :rolleyes:
Plus I'm always happy to help open source and "hackers".
Keep doing what your doing. I'll be moving to att and the skyrocket soon, but I'll still be glad to host your work. The OV community is outstanding. Entry level devices with good devs bring in more ppl. The more people we have the more WE propel android forward and watch iphones an winmo devices struggle to keep up!
Fight the good fight!

Ksjuggalo

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
And while I'm cluttering the thread...I've skimmed through half the 500+ pages...has a2sd been explained? I know it has. But I can't find it to save my life

Such as..what do I need to do to get it working right?

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
And while I'm cluttering the thread...I've skimmed through half the 500+ pages...has a2sd been explained? I know it has. But I can't find it to save my life

Such as..what do I need to do to get it working right?

All you need is a clean sd-ext partition, and the ROM will populate it for you. No need for a2sd.

This space intentionally left blank.

Reactions: tdm and Ksjuggalo

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I thought so, but didn't see the space reflected in storage info

Storage info on the phone? If you mean you can't see it when using a file manager you have to go into the settings and select the show hidden files option

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I thought so, but didn't see the space reflected in storage info

That's normal the phone normally won't show sd-ext info but you'll notice as you install apps your internal storage won't go down near as much as it should. You can view sd-ext info with using partition info apps off the market

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

dr0shm0e

May 3, 2012
Visit site
i was having problems using my browser with cm9 probably wasnt getting 3g ????? i liked cm9 because of dsp so i used titanium and backed up dsp switched over to aokp and installed it now i have dsp and all the perks of aokp .....;) havent posted in awhile just wanted to add my 0.02

Reactions: flapjack.fiasco

bregga

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded and installed rom keeper notta showed on first run hit refresh and 3 roms there nice work TDM. Gotta say also awesome battery life on cm and aokp with extended battery I am getting 3 to 4 days between recharges with light to moderate use.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Obviously this is super low priority but Tom Keeper doesn't scale to different LCD densities correctly.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Ilovefarts

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
All you need is a clean sd-ext partition, and the ROM will populate it for you. No need for a2sd.

This space intentionally left blank.

You know, I'm curious about it. I have link2sd and I've still just started creating links. How does the ROM populate the second partition if you're restoring from a backup? I've still ran out of room and had to move things around. Just curious. I've read through the pages and nothing really explained that so that I'd understand. Thanks buddy

Ilovefarts

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Obviously this is super low priority but Tom Keeper doesn't scale to different LCD densities correctly.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Where is ROM Keeper available for download? Or is it something I haven't looked for within the ROM? Thanks dude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol