ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(355783)

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I've tried this rom a while back and battery life made me change back to cm7 but i'm thinking of giving it a try again. Which built do you guys recommend out of those three?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
You know, I'm curious about it. I have link2sd and I've still just started creating links. How does the ROM populate the second partition if you're restoring from a backup? I've still ran out of room and had to move things around. Just curious. I've read through the pages and nothing really explained that so that I'd understand. Thanks buddy

It mounts /sd-ext/app over /data/app using a bind mount.

Reactions: Ilovefarts

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I've tried this rom a while back and battery life made me change back to cm7 but i'm thinking of giving it a try again. Which built do you guys recommend out of those three?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I usually have about 30% left after 16 hour days of light usage on aokp.

Reactions: Ilovefarts

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: ROM Keeper

Doesn't seem to work on CAI, just get the black screen. I hit refresh way too many times, rebooted, uninstalled and re-downloaded and re-installed. Hit refresh way too many times, still just a black screen.
Probably a CAI thing. Too bad, everything else on CAI seems to work great, it would be nice to be able to keep an eye on the Quattrimus ROMs, as I plan to go back to that as soon as the videocam works (hey, I like taking crummy little videos of my dog!).

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't seem to work on CAI, just get the black screen. I hit refresh way too many times, rebooted, uninstalled and re-downloaded and re-installed. Hit refresh way too many times, still just a black screen.
Probably a CAI thing. Too bad, everything else on CAI seems to work great, it would be nice to be able to keep an eye on the Quattrimus ROMs, as I plan to go back to that as soon as the videocam works (hey, I like taking crummy little videos of my dog!).

It works but there is no manifest for the ls670 (which is your phone model on that ROM). I'll be talking to thekraven and others about ls670 roms next week.

Reactions: cmerlyn

anon(793715)

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I usually have about 30% left after 16 hour days of light usage on aokp.

My battery life on AOKP is great. I've gone 12 hours with light use and been over 60%. One strange thing happened yesterday, though. I was down to around 50% late in the evening, had a reboot, and when it came back, the battery had dropped to 35%.

Compeek

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded from Alpha 10 Pre3 to Alpha 10 Final (CM9 both) using RomKeeper, and I now seem to be missing my Google account under Accounts & Sync, and my contacts are gone. Furthermore Google is not a choice if I try to add a new account. Any suggestions?

Fantastic idea and execution on RomKeeper, by the way! It's amazing not to have to flash a new ROM and deal with restoring and all of that.

Ilovefarts

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering, what would be causing apps to FC or stop suddenly? Is it a performance issue or a ROM not compatible issue? Pulse News and Flipboard(beta).

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded from Alpha 10 Pre3 to Alpha 10 Final (CM9 both) using RomKeeper, and I now seem to be missing my Google account under Accounts & Sync, and my contacts are gone. Furthermore Google is not a choice if I try to add a new account. Any suggestions?

Fantastic idea and execution on RomKeeper, by the way! It's amazing not to have to flash a new ROM and deal with restoring and all of that.

You need to flash gapps. Its not included anymore, because its against Google's and android central rules to include them.

Tdm, would it be possible to put gapps on rom keeper?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Compeek

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
You need to flash gapps. Its not included anymore, because its against Google's and android central rules to include them.

Thank you. :) I actually realized that already now... after already wiping my data and then just reflashing the whole ROM. Oh well.

I have everything backed up with Titanium Backup, so it's all good anyway.

anon(806639)

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm not going to lie, I'm excited for the next update and possibly beta!

I started using this a couple days back and so far it has been great :)

It's been actually smoother then my 2.2.1 andriod, and I can use more apps now that its up to 4.04! (plus it just looks a crap ton better :p )

There are only minor issues, most already adressed. There's only one really bugging me. The google play store likes to quit itself after a bit of time, or not load correctly.
but other then that, thank you for the amazing rom!

Just one question though. Which of the 3 roms is better to install? is there a difference at all? I installed the CM9 one personally...

Reactions: tdm

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not going to lie, I'm excited for the next update and possibly beta!

I started using this a couple days back and so far it has been great :)

It's been actually smoother then my 2.2.1 andriod, and I can use more apps now that its up to 4.04! (plus it just looks a crap ton better :p )

There are only minor issues, most already adressed. There's only one really bugging me. The google play store likes to quit itself after a bit of time, or not load correctly.
but other then that, thank you for the amazing rom!

Just one question though. Which of the 3 roms is better to install? is there a difference at all? I installed the CM9 one personally...

Personally, i like the AOKP build due to the built in ROM options. No need to flash ICS Reloaded as most of the options are built into the AOKP build. I especially like the option to center the clock in the status bar. I can't wait to be able to use cm9 themes, as i'm all about the eye candy.

Yeah, Google Play likes to shut down and i have the same issue with Titanium Backup when in batch mode. Would also like to use my Smart Keyboard Pro but can't change the input method. All minor things though. All in all this ROM absolutely rocks!!!

Sent from my AlienFusion-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: anon(806639)

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
@skygen--- very simply put, aosp is what stock would look like on our phone, cm9 adds customization from the cyanogenmod team, and aokp has insane amounts of customization from the android open kang project... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: anon(806639)

benslgdroid

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
@skygen--- very simply put, aosp is what stock would look like on our phone, cm9 adds customization from the cyanogenmod team. aokp has insane amounts of customization from the android open kang project... :)

What! Insane amounts of customization! Why am I just now hearing about this.... switching after all my kids graduation because I need video cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01