ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
All my super user permissions are being denied all the sudden, so thinking i lost root. Do I need to start all over again with re-rooting it or is there an easier way?

This had happened to me awhile back. I went to the manage apps section in settings and cleared cache and data for superuser. Basically, it'll reset superuser and start fresh. The only annoyance is regranting permissions for everything again.

Sent from my ZombieICS-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I was using alpha 10, but i tried a few previous versions, and then tried harmonia just for ss's and giggles. What's the easiest way to do this now? Last time I did it was back when gingerbreak actually worked, but .apk isn't gonna do anything if superuser keeps denying access to everything

Which alpha 10? There's three of 'em.

ETA's kill puppies. So please stop asking for ETA's.

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I tried that. Tried reflashing a few roms. Axing su and reinstalling...tried running super one click.. Haven't gotten anything to work

kenharkey7

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Everyone feel free to virtually slap me if I'm wrong . But I think its because tdm doesn't have a theme Chooser included with his rom yet. But I'm not exactly sure.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty much. That's where they are in cold as ice anyhow

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Finally! After I don't know how many hours of trying to figure out what was going on with superuser denying permissions for everything, I finally found a solution that actually works. Found a zip file for superuser. It was explained that you do not delete the current copy on the phone, you just flash this file over top, and then update the binaries within superuser. I flashed it and it took care of the problem. I had tried clearing the data and all the other suggestions I had gotten to this point, and this was the only thing I could get to work. So I thought I would share and save you guys a few hours of misery on google :p

Forum Link:
http://androidforums.com/incredible...-root-problem-droid-wall-titanium-backup.html

Download Link:
http://downloads.androidsu.com/superuser/Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip

Reactions: RyanJKremer

A.I.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Good question. I'm not really sure. Perhaps someone could research that?

The infamous color banding is nowhere to be seen to tell me the effects are taking place. Seems like some of the performance options aren't working right; scrolling cache seemed to do nothing on AOKP.

rebel69ization

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
There is a new version of touch recovery in the s forums if any want to try it, it should work its froyo friendly.

sent from my device using XPB ICS Tapatalk 2

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody know of a way to move /data/dalvik-cache to /data/sdext2?

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Does anybody know of a way to move /data/dalvik-cache to /data/sdext2?

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

Format the card and put it back in the phone while it's turned off. Turn it back on and it'll move everything on its own

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: joelz and Ryuk6666

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Good question. I'm not really sure. Perhaps someone could research that?

Notice it says MAY improve performance on SOME phones. I have it disabled on Cold as Ice and I've noticed a considerable improvement in entering the app drawer. This has also been confirmed by other CAI users so I assume the same will occur if you disable it on quattrimus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar