ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(806639)

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
So..I have a curious question. I've been using the Quattrimus rom for a couple weeks now (great ROM) But I didn't install a ICS specific kernal. I just have a couple questions...

Is there a ICS kernal made for the Optimus v?

And I've seen iScream and HydroKernal.... Both say they were based off of the LG Optimus S. Will they work for my phone?

Sorry for the nob questions, I'd rather just not mess this up

purpulehaze

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
So..I have a curious question. I've been using the Quattrimus rom for a couple weeks now (great ROM) But I didn't install a ICS specific kernal. I just have a couple questions...

Is there a ICS kernal made for the Optimus v?

And I've seen iScream and HydroKernal.... Both say they were based off of the LG Optimus S. Will they work for my phone?

Sorry for the nob questions, I'd rather just not mess this up

the rom has a kernel already... or did u just want a diffrent one?

anon(806639)

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
the rom has a kernel already... or did u just want a diffrent one?

Well, I heard that Hw acceleration was turned on in iScream, and it was suggested that I get it.... So I was just trying to create a better compatibly between my phone and the ROM.

Sorry, I really am new to this, and I'm trying not to be a pain.

purpulehaze

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Well, I heard that Hw acceleration was turned on in iScream, So I was just trying to create a better compatibly between my phone and the ROM.

Sorry, I really am new to this, and I'm trying not to be a pain.

its all good, messing with these roms gets easier the more u do it. the rom already has a kernel but if u want to try some other ones out make sure you make a back up of what you have now incase what u flash dosent meet your needs. also read up on the kernel befor u install it just to be aware of whats gona happen.

anon(806639)

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for understanding :)

Though thats my problem, I'm not being given specific answers >.< At one end i'm being told the kernal wasn't made for my phone, and that there's a high chance of messing up.

On the other end I'm hearing this can help speed up the phone and increase compatibly.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still working on the surprise project. I have had some setbacks due to flaky hardware and such, so it's not moving quite as fast as I expected. But it's moving again.

Also got a brand spankin' new goo.im account as of two hours ago, haven't even logged in yet. :D

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still working on the surprise project. I have had some setbacks due to flaky hardware and such, so it's not moving quite as fast as I expected. But it's moving again.

Also got a brand spankin' new goo.im account as of two hours ago, haven't even logged in yet. :D

Does this surprise involve a kernel? ;)

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I was referring to my personal need for some thing to flash. If I was gonna ask for a timetable for an update I would have wrote something like this:

ETA?ETA?ETA?ETA?ETA?ETA?

...but I didn't now did I. :D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

I didn't say you were asking for an ETA -_-

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

Reactions: jto101680

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Changing it lcd density I kinda like changing your screen res on a PC. It allows you to fit more on ur screen and it is a good solution for people like us with smaller mdpi screens as it makes the phone feel bigger than it is. There are 4 lines in the build.prop you have to edit. All titled lcd density and they are in different places. Lowering the number results in a higher number of pixels per inch thus a bigger screen size. I have mine set to 130. Default is 160 for mdpi phones like the ov.

Is there a write up on this somewhere?

Revenant Ghost

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site

Dammit TDM, you and your cliffhangers! But that's one of the reasons why I keep coming back to your thread. ;)

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

TDM glad to see your still breathing. :D but keep it up :) :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

blizard

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
When I install a uot kitchen zip an reboot I get bootloop every time anyone have a clue to get the zip to work I upload the systemui.apk an framework. Apk then clear devlink clan cache an flash zip I'm useing aokp

Last edited:

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
uot sometimes cooks the theme wrong... this could be a factor... im a bit confused by your post... uot theme goes onto sd>boot to recovery>wipe cache>wipe dalvik>flash uot.zip>reboot... if you get a bootloop after doing this, remake the theme and try again... and your sure you dl'd the theme that you made?...

Status
Not open for further replies.