ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Okay so here's the deal.

First, I've been kinda quiet this past week because I've been busy. I had to rebuild a machine at work that died and there's been lots of little things that have taken my time and attention. But I'm hoping this coming week will see some new builds. I have merged thekraven's source tree into mine (we were going to use this for our team) and I'll try to use that to push out the next release. I hope and expect that will be beta1.

I have three phones to make ROMs for. thekraven gave me a green light to step in and make builds for the LS670 (OS). I also have at least two VS660 (Vortex) users that are interested. I tossed out a VS660 build to one of them. The phone didn't work, but that's probably easily fixable.

I also have three flavors/projects to build: AOSP, CM9, AOKP.

That makes 9 ROMs and, since thekraven has bowed out (at least for now), only one dev. It's a lot to maintain.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do. The two most attractive options off the top of my head are: (1) use the IHO repo. I have commit access already. But blarf may not want aosp and aokp in his repo. Or (2) use the team account I setup (github.com/thunderc) to do another iho-like project. Except I'd be making at least some of the binaries myself.

Any devs out there that have some experience and want to step up to maintain a ROM, please let me know. I will require some experience, as I have no interest in walking people through how to build a ROM and maintain repos. I will probably also contact the IHO devs to see if any of them are interested, and give them priority if they choose.

Revenant Ghost

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Okay so here's the deal.

First, I've been kinda quiet this past week because I've been busy. I had to rebuild a machine at work that died and there's been lots of little things that have taken my time and attention. But I'm hoping this coming week will see some new builds. I have merged thekraven's source tree into mine (we were going to use this for our team) and I'll try to use that to push out the next release. I hope and expect that will be beta1.

I have three phones to make ROMs for. thekraven gave me a green light to step in and make builds for the LS670 (OS). I also have at least two VS660 (Vortex) users that are interested. I tossed out a VS660 build to one of them. The phone didn't work, but that's probably easily fixable.

That makes 9 ROMs and, since thekraven has bowed out (at least for now), only one dev. It's a lot to maintain.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do. The two most attractive options off the top of my head are: (1) use the IHO repo. I have commit access already. But blarf may not want aosp and aokp in his repo. Or (2) use the team account I setup (github.com/thunderc) to do another iho-like project. Except I'd be making at least some of the binaries myself.

Any devs out there that have some experience and want to step up to maintain a ROM, please let me know. I will require some experience, as I have no interest in walking people through how to build a ROM and maintain repos. I will probably also contact the IHO devs to see if any of them are interested, and give them priority if they choose.

Wow! That's a lot to put on your plate there. Just don't burn yourself out.

Reactions: tdm

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Okay so here's the deal.

I can try to get my build setup going again. I have yet to get ics to build. I'm sure my PC just can't handle it. I just got a bonus, maybe I will look in to upgrading. I would love to get involved.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ryuk6666 and tdm

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to help with that. But i might not have enough experience for a project as awesome as this...

You have built kernels and full ROMs. I haven't checked your github but I assume you do decent checkins (functionally isolated commits with reasonable comments). That's really all that is required.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I can try to get my build setup going again. I have yet to get ics to build. I'm sure my PC just can't handle it. I just got a bonus, maybe I will look in to upgrading. I would love to get involved.

LeslieAnn's build box is always an option. It's reasonably fast. And I have it setup to mirror all of the relevant sources nightly. If you choose to use the local mirror, repo syncs are insanely fast. Which reminds me, I really need to write up a post explaining how to use the local mirror.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay so here's the deal.

You have my attention, I'll maintain. I know I'm quiet, but I've been working hard and I think I'll have the skills. I'll send you a pm for more info. I'd definitely ask bob, he is also quite the genius. If I had a rom to maintain, it would give me more of a push. Thanks for all your work!

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Okay so here's the deal.

There's no way I could handle being a dev... I can't even work UOT Kitchen. :p
But I understand that it's lots of work.
However, I know what whatever happens and how long we must wait, in the end, the Beta will come. And it will be terrific. :D

Reactions: inceyet

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
You have my attention, I'll maintain. I know I'm quiet, but I've been working hard and I think I'll have the skills. I'll send you a pm for more info. I'd definitely ask bob, he is also quite the genius. If I had a rom to maintain, it would give me more of a push. Thanks for all your work!

Lol. I almost just volunteered you because I almost missed your post.

Reactions: sellers86

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to help with that. But i might not have enough experience for a project as awesome as this...

Don't sell yourself short. When i was on jerry's build, your kernel was the only kernel i'd use. Made the ROM sooooo much better. In my opinion, you're a great dev.

Sent from my ZombieICS-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Stay tuned next week for more thrills, chills and spills! Will TDM give another cliffhanger about a special project? Will another noob scream for an ETA? Will another dev be killed off? Only time will tell "As Quattrimus Turns".

OMG I CANT BELIEVE TDM's EVIL TWIN WOKE UP FROM THAT COMA HE WAS IN AFTER HE WRECKED HIS CAR ON THE WAY TO BREAK UP BRAD AND TIFFANY'S WEDDING!!!!!!11!!1!!!!1one

Reactions: KeviiinS
Status
Not open for further replies.