ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Quick question.... got phone back to stock recovery, means it is unrooted and all I need to do is make sure I factory reset it before I send it on its way, correct?

If you're prepping it to sell, you'll probably want to do something like this:

Boot into recovery. Wipe everything, install a stock rom, then install a stock recovery.

If you are selling it with an sdcard, first remove any sd-ext partitioning and then wipe it as well.

How you wipe things, especially the sdcard, will depend on your paranoia level. That's a separate discussion though.

firecrotch666

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey tdm, can we change the thunderprop on our phones, so in the Market we appear as a different, more high end phone, so that we're allowed to download and view more apps we're usually not allowed to view/download?

Sorry for such a bad explanation, I'm kinda sleepy, but you'll know what it is, I'm sure. :)

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site

Boot into recovery. Wipe everything, install a stock rom, then install a stock recovery.

If you are selling it with an sdcard, first remove any sd-ext partitioning and then wipe it as well.

How you wipe things, especially the sdcard, will depend on your paranoia level. That's a separate discussion though.
Linux shred command. :)

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey tdm, can we change the thunderprop on our phones, so in the Market we appear as a different, more high end phone, so that we're allowed to download and view more apps we're usually not allowed to view/download?

Sorry for such a bad explanation, I'm kinda sleepy, but you'll know what it is, I'm sure. :)

No, this is not something that is appropriate for a publicly available rom. Feel free to hack your own build.prop though.

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
EVERYONE STILL LOOKING FOR A LINK TO THE ZV9 UPDATE READ THIS!

The link from Virgin has been taken down, and most of the one's floating around don't work either, but it's still on the phones! I had a replacement phone mailed to me today, and found that it's in the about phone section on the stock rom. If you backup your current rom, restore the phone back to stock, and then look in the about phone section...the first option is SW update.. this is the zv9 update. Then you can go here http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/531810-rooting.html to download the one click root. After that finishes you just restore your backup and your done. Although I know there have been complaints about the update decreasing data speeds, I saw a pretty significant increase in both phone reception and 3g speed. I honestly think my GPS seems to be locking in alot faster now as well. Not telling anyone what to do one way or the other, just thought I would share

EDIT: I said still on the phones... I know it's not actually on the phone, but rather still accessible through the phone... so no pm's to correct me :p

Reactions: glarepate

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
EVERYONE STILL LOOKING FOR A LINK TO THE ZV9 UPDATE READ THIS!

The king from Virgin has been taken down, and most of the one's floating around don't work either, but it's still on the phones! I had a replacement phone mailed to me today, and found that it's in the about phone section on the stock rom. If you backup your current rom, restore the phone back to stock, and then look in the about phone section...the first option is SW update.. this is the zv9 update. Then you can go here http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/531810-rooting.html to download the one click root. After that finishes you just restore your backup and your done. Although I know there have been complaints about the update decreasing data speeds, I saw a pretty significant increase in both phone reception and 3g speed. I honestly think my GPS seems to be locking in alot faster now as well. Not telling anyone what to do one way or the other, just thought I would share

EDIT: I said still on the phones... I know it's not actually on the phone, but rather still accessible through the phone... so no pm's to correct me :p

You were just corrected about posting off topic in this thread and here you are again... please try to post at least partly on topic, maybe in the zv9 thread... please, for the love of android and ICS.

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Thank you TDM. I've had that on the other thread for two days and hadn't gotten anything. I'm prepping it to send it back to Virgin, so I wanted to make absolutely sure it was clean.

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Here's some "on topic for you"... I am on phone number three from Virgin now, and none of these problems go away. These are the same problems I have had whether it has been ZV5 or ZV9, none of these problems got any worse from the update. All I currently have on the phone is CM9 alpha 10 and gapps. I have not even installed any apps on this one yet. I also do not have it overclocked or have any kind of memory tweaks in place at the moment. The phone I had yesterday had all these areas tweaked and still produced the same results.

1. SMS/MMS - everytime I even open a messaging app, stock or not, I have to let the phone reboot three times to even be able to use it. Send and recieve works when it wants to for sms, and I can send but not recieve mms.

2. Dialer - Works when it wants to. Try to make a call and as soon as I hit send the phone reboots. Also have problems with buttons not functioning and continuously miss phone calls because the phone will not respond for me to answer them.

3. Google processes - list too big to even write down, the all constantly stop and force close.. have to pull the battery to get access to anything on the phone.

4. Google play - Does not even open anymore..click icon...screen goes white, then right back to app drawer..over and over.

5. Gallery - force closes most of the time before displaying anything. If it does open all it shows are black tiles. SD card is not the problem. Been there again and again.

6. Bluetooth - does absolutely nothing

7. Apps - any app I try to install on the phone now force closes, all of them, alongside of multiple Google process errors

I have wiped and wiped and wiped. Even used LeslieAnn's rom tool on top of it..would run that 4 or 5 times, and downloaded fresh copies of everything each time, and it doesn't change anything. Again I have nothing on this phone other than cm9 and gapps. I have not modified anything, and I have not installed any type of tweaks, kernels, etc.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Here's some "on topic for you"... I am on phone number three from Virgin now, and none of these problems go away. These are the same problems I have had whether it has been ZV5 or ZV9, none of these problems got any worse from the update. All I currently have on the phone is CM9 alpha 10 and gapps. I have not even installed any apps on this one yet. I also do not have it overclocked or have any kind of memory tweaks in place at the moment. The phone I had yesterday had all these areas tweaked and still produced the same results.

1. SMS/MMS - everytime I even open a messaging app, stock or not, I have to let the phone reboot three times to even be able to use it. Send and recieve works when it wants to for sms, and I can send but not recieve mms.

2. Dialer - Works when it wants to. Try to make a call and as soon as I hit send the phone reboots. Also have problems with buttons not functioning and continuously miss phone calls because the phone will not respond for me to answer them.

3. Google processes - list too big to even write down, the all constantly stop and force close.. have to pull the battery to get access to anything on the phone.

4. Google play - Does not even open anymore..click icon...screen goes white, then right back to app drawer..over and over.

5. Gallery - force closes most of the time before displaying anything. If it does open all it shows are black tiles. SD card is not the problem. Been there again and again.

6. Bluetooth - does absolutely nothing

7. Apps - any app I try to install on the phone now force closes, all of them, alongside of multiple Google process errors

I have wiped and wiped and wiped. Even used LeslieAnn's rom tool on top of it..would run that 4 or 5 times, and downloaded fresh copies of everything each time, and it doesn't change anything. Again I have nothing on this phone other than cm9 and gapps. I have not modified anything, and I have not installed any type of tweaks, kernels, etc.

Wipe again, flash harmonia, hit the activate app, then use that for a week. This is to determine if you have a bad phone. Now, my phone works great, but it doesn't like these roms. That is because this is alpha. Very very buggy. The only thing that makes this kinda work is having sd-ext partition. For me this won't be ready for another 6 months unless something major happens.

Maybe you won't be able to use this until then, have you tried CM7?

allcaps33

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi yas! I understand I might be a bit slow... but I just downloaded and installed CM9 yesterday. I got the one on the first page. I has worked perfectly in the time I've had it. No issues, minus the ones mentioned where the downlinks are.

Have they updated the rom since then? or GApps? Am I posting in the right place... We'll find out as the Android turns...

:p

oh yeah, I should mention that punching kids and iphones sounds like fun. Perhaps maybe I'll kick an ipad or 2.

Liked, 1+d, myfaced, or twattled.... whatever you fanooks call it, CyanogenMod is great.

Reactions: droiddekka

Ilovefarts

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this has been gone over, but I've noticed that the "END CALL" button lags a bit and sometimes forces a reboot. Does anyone have this happening?

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Wipe again, flash harmonia, hit the activate app, then use that for a week. This is to determine if you have a bad phone. Now, my phone works great, but it doesn't like these roms. That is because this is alpha. Very very buggy. The only thing that makes this kinda work is having sd-ext partition. For me this won't be ready for another 6 months unless something major happens.

Maybe you won't be able to use this until then, have you tried CM7?

Harmonia works just fine. I've never had a problem with it. Its just ice. SD ext fixes it for a day..maybe two if I'm lucky and then goes right back to the way it was

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this has been gone over, but I've noticed that the "END CALL" button lags a bit and sometimes forces a reboot. Does anyone have this happening?

Happened before. There still seems to be problems (at least for me) with the phone in general. Most of the time when I hit the Phone icon it just reboots.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

glarepate

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
@gannon--- good to see your back!... i was checking your blog last night to see if there were any goodies... and tada, low and behold, you have returned... nice!... :)

So, based on the fact that this message is current, not from some time ago, and other context in your post I'm guessing you meant to write "good to see you're back." :-!

So, I will add my welcome here as well. :p

Reactions: clodfelterac

firecrotch666

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Thank you TDM. I've had that on the other thread for two days and hadn't gotten anything. I'm prepping it to send it back to Virgin, so I wanted to make absolutely sure it was clean.

They never checked mine, I sent mine back for a refurb because of problems, and of course unrooted. Stupid me forgot I shipped it with Gingerbread, custom recovery, different kernel and everything. I even sent it with the SD card it came with, and that SD card had like 4 ROMs in it ready for flashing. They never found out ;)
But still, that was an accident. Do your best to make it look like you've never tampered with it in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois