ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

vB396530

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
OK so I've updated to zv9 on stock it shows that I'm zv9 I restored my backup of cm9 alpha 10 everything seems like it works smoother better but my baseband says zv4

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I rebooted I even restored my backup of stock just to make sure it was zv9
And says the same but the rom feels like its alot smoother but still says zv4

The zv4 it says you have is what it came with so thats the info built into the stock rom. It probably wont change but if youre noticing differences then that means it stuck :)

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

gighi

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
First of all, congratulations to tdm for the amazing rom, and to all you guys for testing it, coming from IHO looks like an amazing improvement :)

Now, my problems. I'm running CM9 latest alpha with ZV4 baseband:

1) Slow scrolling: in some applications (e.g. facebook news feed), scrolling is terribly slow. It starts fine when you run the application for the first time, but as you keep scrolling, you quickly get to a point where it takes a couple of seconds from the time you swipe your finger on the screen to when the news feed is actually scrolled. I tried playing with "force gpu rendering" and "surface dithering" settings, without success.

2) Rendering gone: very frequently an email in gmail/article in greader/other item in facebook is not rendered anymore on the screen when you start scrolling it (you just get a white page instead of the content), and there's no way to get back unless you kill the application

3) I keep getting "unfortunately, google play store has stopped", and I tried clear data/clear cache/uninstall updates/reinstall market/... without success.

Thank you all for your hard work!

Reactions: tdm

Ilovefarts

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Happened before. There still seems to be problems (at least for me) with the phone in general. Most of the time when I hit the Phone icon it just reboots.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

And I was trying to use the speakerphone, but maybe I wasn't using the right button, but it wouldn't work. Not sure if anyone else had this issue.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
First of all, congratulations to tdm for the amazing rom, and to all you guys for testing it, coming from IHO looks like an amazing improvement :)

Now, my problems. I'm running CM9 latest alpha with ZV4 baseband:

1) Slow scrolling: in some applications (e.g. facebook news feed), scrolling is terribly slow. It starts fine when you run the application for the first time, but as you keep scrolling, you quickly get to a point where it takes a couple of seconds from the time you swipe your finger on the screen to when the news feed is actually scrolled. I tried playing with "force gpu rendering" and "surface dithering" settings, without success.

2) Rendering gone: very frequently an email in gmail/article in greader/other item in facebook is not rendered anymore on the screen when you start scrolling it (you just get a white page instead of the content), and there's no way to get back unless you kill the application

3) I keep getting "unfortunately, google play store has stopped", and I tried clear data/clear cache/uninstall updates/reinstall market/... without success.

Thank you all for your hard work!

Known CM9/ICS issues that are unsolved in alpha.

And I was trying to use the speakerphone, but maybe I wasn't using the right button, but it wouldn't work. Not sure if anyone else had this issue.

Ditto

LG-LS670 w thekraven ICS linaro alpha 14 + 6/11 patch & Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Ilovefarts

hussyboy

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd doubt that it's the kernel- My CM9 experience has been just fine on ZV5, better than the AOKP experience I had :D
This man absolutely speaks the truth, I've had 0 crashes on CM9 (exception being the CM9 Music apk that crashed once or twice (not included with this rom)) It feels almost stable.

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I rebooted I even restored my backup of stock just to make sure it was zv9
And says the same but the rom feels like its alot smoother but still says zv4
They say to flash it twice, but that didn't work for me. The reson why is when I rebooted into recovery to reflash it the second time, it was still the same old CWM recovery. You need to reflash IN THE STOCK recovery.

Here's what I did:
Apply update in BobZHome recovery.
Reboot into recovery.
Wipe all factory data and apply update again.
Reboot into stock OS.
Turn off phone.
Boot into recovery -> It will be stock recovery this time.
Apply update -> radio will be flashed this time.
Reboot into stock OS and root it.

P.S. Gordita root didn't work for me the first time either. Make sure when you run Gordita, that the phones screen is on and on the home screen (not on sleep and on the lock screen). If it fails, just keep trying. It works eventually.

P.S.S. If the baseband update didn't work, stock says ZV9, but when you install your ROM again it says ZV4. Check the SW part in the stock ROM, it'll say ZV4 if it didn't work. It'll say ZV9 if it did. I figured out that's what was going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.