ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I know you've stated you haven't looked at it yet but I eagerly await Linaro enabled builds.

You will not be disappointed. Thekraven did a private test build that is smooth fast and snappy. Not to take away from tdm but the linaro build is significantly snappier.

LG-LS670 w thekraven ICS linaro alpha 14 + 6/11 patch & Tapatalk 2

plantucha

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
You will not be disappointed. Thekraven did a private test build that is smooth fast and snappy. Not to take away from tdm but the linaro build is significantly snappier.

Benchmark to prove it?
Linaro is mostly cpu optimization for pandaboard

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Benchmark to prove it?

Not a benchmark believer. News article on AC and all over. Proof is in the pudding and in my hands. :D
Skeptical is good, I was too. Now I see, or maybe it is just thekraven magic. :)

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I understand you. No rush. :D The only thing that keeps me from using as a daily is the 3G lock. When on Wifi, I get txt really slow.

What I'm saying about theKraven, is that people come here saying CAI has this and that working, when they don't understand that he does more updates.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
True. He's all over me with updates. Which is why I really wanted to do a team. I would rather focus on RomKeeper and the ICS kernel project, and let him do at least the CM9 builds.
I was hoping that was the plan, for you two to team up. thekraven talents are too good to not share, selfish as that sounds.
I understand you. No rush. :D The only thing that keeps me from using as a daily is the 3G lock. When on Wifi, I get txt really slow.

What I'm saying about theKraven, is that people come here saying CAI has this and that working, when they don't understand that he does more updates.
In no way to I mean to say that one is better than the other, just different. I am eager to test what I can and provide feedback to improve it for everyone. I was just fortunate enough to get some of his last builds that are stable and responsive enough to run as a daily. :)

ryao

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
True. He's all over me with updates. Which is why I really wanted to do a team. I would rather focus on RomKeeper and the ICS kernel project, and let him do at least the CM9 builds.

Would you produce build instructions? I can debootstrap Ubuntu, apt-get the packages that the Android documentation requests (installing the Sun JDK manually) and do a chroot, but I can't seem to get it to build:

root@desktop:~/cm9# lunch full-eng
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "build/tools/roomservice.py", line 16, in <module>
device = product[product.index("_") + 1:]
ValueError: substring not found

** Don't have a product spec for: 'full'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
What are the chances of the next update having limaro optimization?
I really dont wanna pressure you..

A.I.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Benchmark to prove it?

Isn't limited to just the pandaboard. That was just the test hardware. Will work across most ARM chips with a few tweaks.

Also I do not wish to pressure tdm as well but. the boost can't hurt. I'll be patient until he hooks us up.

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Lock screen music controls work, but the album art is cut off. I thought it was supposed to be like that forever, until I saw it on a gnex.

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: tdm

bhasden

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
For anyone interested, both Hanging with Friends and Scramble with Friends now work properly without crashing. Previously, Hanging with Friends crashed when trying to start a game and Scramble with Friends crashed between games.

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Whoa, this beta is SMOOTH. I'm impressed! (Not sure if it's the difference between CM9 and AOKP that makes it smooth to me though). I didn't even get to do the kernel tweaks yet. :)

Edit: Roaming indicator off, keyboard chopped off. Also, the zxing barcode scanner works, but is really choppy (hope it can get fixed!).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci