ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
@tdm - any idea why I wouldn't be able to use my mic (worked totally fine in every other of your releases)

No idea at the moment. I'll need to dig through the code. There are tons of changes between the CM9 sync and integrating thekraven's stuff.

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Too cool! Just got my first nightly update via ROMKeeper, downloaded and verified. Just for fun, I did the Install. That asked for SU access (allowed, of course) and rebooted into recovery and autoloaded the nightly.
Formatted cache, wiped cache and Dalvik, and installed the update, then rebooted itself.
Does it all, I am very impressed. Thank you!:D

Reactions: inceyet

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Update: Decided last night to give beta one more shot. Flashed everything on the phone before I went to bed. Magically this morning instead of constant full reboots, it actually started giving me the wait/force close prompt. OC'd a few steps and it slowly improved. Threw the nightly on there and so far everything is scha-weet!

Side Note - TDM don't know if you remember me saying I was a student and use IDE and a few others for class that had stopped working from 10pre3 and on. That was a main reason why I kept switching back to GB roms because I had to have that. It works now...all of them. I give up trying to figure it out lol.

Reactions: tdm

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I haven't created a thread for it yet. I have a bit more work to do before I do that.

Don't worry too much about this thread, it's just about done. I think beta is going to start next week and then I'll create a new thread and lock this one.

Anyway, the install is probably being prevented from getting su access. That's fine though, the install function isn't really well tested. I'm not even sure that I'll keep it in the current form. I have been playing with a recovery-free install that runs just before system shutdown, and I don't think that will require su access.

So for now, just use RomKeeper to download roms and apply deltas, and install as you would any other ROM by booting into recovery manually.

It does boot to recovery with a long press on install, after allowing su access via superuser. Then my thunderc recovery, ahem, pops up an exclamation point in a triangle. Home button takes me to the recovery with an error -

Finding update package...
/sdcard/quattrimus-LS670-cm9-beta1pre1.zipInfo = NULL
E:Can't mount /sdcard/quattrimus-LS670-cm9-beta1pre1.zip
Installation aborted.

Just FYI, the manual installs are fine. I was thinking the rdiff was applied to the original zip, then it was flashed. Too many years of applying patches. ;)

bhasden

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
No idea at the moment. I'll need to dig through the code. There are tons of changes between the CM9 sync and integrating thekraven's stuff.

Just an FYI, but the mic works in Groove IP to make a VOIP call via Google Voice. Not sure if that helps at all, but the mic itself is working in some scenarios.

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
It does boot to recovery with a long press on install, after allowing su access via superuser. Then my thunderc recovery, ahem, pops up an exclamation point in a triangle. Home button takes me to the recovery with an error -

Finding update package...
/sdcard/quattrimus-LS670-cm9-beta1pre1.zipInfo = NULL
E:Can't mount /sdcard/quattrimus-LS670-cm9-beta1pre1.zip
Installation aborted.

Just FYI, the manual installs are fine. I was thinking the rdiff was applied to the original zip, then it was flashed. Too many years of applying patches. ;)

which recovery are you using? I tried with xionica and got the same error

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
which recovery are you using? I tried with xionica and got the same error

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

I'm on CWMT Recovery 5.0.2.7-th8.1 because Cannibal fails on the asserts. tdm was going to add them for thunderc the way Drew's values are set, so we will see.

Hoping if I flash and nand the prebeta, then I can install Cannibal and restore my quattrimus nand to flash the nightlys with that. finners crossed

purpulehaze

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I need help with the.nightly I downloaded it thru from keeper but every time I flash it thru recovery it says install aborted. I'm using drews touch recovery
Don't mean to sound like a noob but can someone give me a step by step on wat I should do to get the nightly to work

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I need help with the.nightly I downloaded it thru from keeper but every time I flash it thru recovery it says install aborted. I'm using drews touch recovery
Don't mean to sound like a noob but can someone give me a step by step on wat I should do to get the nightly to work

Which touch? Cannibal fails on the asserts. CWMT Recovery 5.0.2.7-th8.1 works.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, I've been doing my best to keep up with this thread, and have read post of the pages (Probably the last 100 pages or so), but I'm still just a tad confused. However, I'm really looking forward to having some ICS on my phone! So, let me get this straight. RomKeeper is like GooManager, but for Quattrimus. Now that TDM is doing rdiffs, you are going to need to flash a base ICS ROM, and then flash an rdiff? So I would flash Alpha10, and then use RomKeeper to fetch the Rdiff and flash that on top, wiping cache and dalvik cache before hand?

So what happens in the future, when there are 50 or so Rdiffs? When one wanted to be on the latest nightly, and were installing from scratch, would they have to install the basic ICS, then every rdiff until current, or just the latest?

Sorry about all the questions, just trying to wrap my head around this.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

First, you need to make sure you're not downloading the nightly directly. It's a delta file that RomKeeper needs to apply to the beta1pre1 zip in order to produce an updated, working zip.

When you have the nightly zip properly constructed, Drew's recovery should be able to flash it. I added the appropriate device assert (I think). If it doesn't work, snag a copy of /tmp/recovery.log before you reboot and I'll try to get it figured out.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
First, you need to make sure you're not downloading the nightly directly. It's a delta file that RomKeeper needs to apply to the beta1pre1 zip in order to produce an updated, working zip.
So RomKeeper actually DOES apply the delta to the prebeta zip? It was downloaded as a nightly zip, so I flashed the prebeta, then the nightly. Erk.

When you have the nightly zip properly constructed, Drew's recovery should be able to flash it. I added the appropriate device assert (I think). If it doesn't work, snag a copy of /tmp/recovery.log before you reboot and I'll try to get it figured out.

I'll flash drews newest recovery again later and test it with the delta flash to confirm. Thank you, great work and great support. Romkeeper is sweet, is an auto bug reporter next? :D

Last edited:

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, I've been doing my best to keep up with this thread, and have read post of the pages (Probably the last 100 pages or so), but I'm still just a tad confused. However, I'm really looking forward to having some ICS on my phone! So, let me get this straight. RomKeeper is like GooManager, but for Quattrimus. Now that TDM is doing rdiffs, you are going to need to flash a base ICS ROM, and then flash an rdiff? So I would flash Alpha10, and then use RomKeeper to fetch the Rdiff and flash that on top, wiping cache and dalvik cache before hand?

So what happens in the future, when there are 50 or so Rdiffs? When one wanted to be on the latest nightly, and were installing from scratch, would they have to install the basic ICS, then every rdiff until current, or just the latest?

Sorry about all the questions, just trying to wrap my head around this.

I've never used GooManager but from their description yeah it sounds similar.

No you don't need to actually flash the base. You just need to have it present on your sdcard to use the nightly deltas. You can be running alpha10, beta1pre1, or whatever, doesn't matter. RomKeeper should work under pretty much anything, within reason. Of course, if you're running CAI on a VM670, it's going to look for LS670 ROMs, so don't do that. ;)

I'm not going to inflict users with deltas on top of previously created deltas. I'll always make the delta against the latest fully released ROM. This way new users can always get the latest nightly with only two steps.

Reactions: kcls and strabo231
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC