ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
@tdm
Still battling onward through the fog....

In RomKeeper, I "fetched" the beta pre zip flashed fine in drews old CWMT recovery, but not in his new Cannibal, that I reported the issues on the asserts.

In RomKeeper, it shows the nightly as a zip, so I "fetched" it as well. It flashed fine in drews new Cannibal so the asserts are changed.

Note the screenshots below.
The beta pre zip and the nightly zip are slightly different sizes. (?) Maybe the diff is not getting applied in RomKeeper for the LS670 build and that is why one will flash in drews thunderc recovery and the other will not? Might be just a w.a.g. on my part there.

That looks good. Except for the nightly saying it's not present when it actually is.

The sizes for beta1pre1 and nightly are indeed slightly different, so you're good there.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Was pretty simple. I went to ROMkeeper, downloaded the pre-beta build. After download, it'll verify. Then download nightly. Again, after download, it'll verify. Once verified, click install. The phone will reboot, install, then reboot again. Once phone boots up, just look at the bottom of your lock screen. If it says Virgin Mobile, then it worked.

Sent from my ZombieICS-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: Pkt_Lnt and tdm

freakboykevin

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Do not use link2sd with quattrimus.

quattrimus automagically mounts /sd-ext/app over top of /data/app. This serves the same function of link2sd but in a transparent way. It also does the same with dalvik-cache.

Does that mean that i have to reinstall my current apps so they are moved to /sd-ext/app? or are they automcatically moved for me?

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
If anyone is still having trouble with getting the nightly, don't worry. I plan to have beta1 finalized Mon or Tue, and a new version of RomKeeper shortly thereafter that tries to give better feedback.

Sorry for the bumpy ride. I know it can be frustrating, but the result is going to be awesome. And .. well .. it is alpha right now... :p

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Does that mean that i have to reinstall my current apps so they are moved to /sd-ext/app? or are they automcatically moved for me?

So here's the way it works.

If your /data/app has any apps in it, the script will not mount /sd-ext/app over it. This is to ensure your apps in /data/app don't seem to "disappear".

So if you want to keep the apps in /data/app without doing a complete wipe and restore, just move all of the *.apk files from /data/app to /sd-ext/app, then reboot.

colossus3874

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
So I flashed prebeta and it worked fine. Booted into recovery and flashed ics reloaded and upon reboot was met with constant system ui has stopped working errors. Anyone else had this?

freakboykevin

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
So here's the way it works.

If your /data/app has any apps in it, the script will not mount /sd-ext/app over it. This is to ensure your apps in /data/app don't seem to "disappear".

So if you want to keep the apps in /data/app without doing a complete wipe and restore, just move all of the *.apk files from /data/app to /sd-ext/app, then reboot.

I did a complete wipe and restore and all teh apps were in /sd-ext/app... but when i checked in data/app, the apps were there too. Is that supposed to be like that?

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I did a complete wipe and restore and all teh apps were in /sd-ext/app... but when i checked in data/app, the apps were there too. Is that supposed to be like that?

Yes. That's what I meant by mounting on top of /data/app. The sdext files are overlaid on top of data/app so they show in both places.

Reactions: freakboykevin

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
So I flashed prebeta and it worked fine. Booted into recovery and flashed ics reloaded and upon reboot was met with constant system ui has stopped working errors. Anyone else had this?

ICS Reloaded is not compatible with the new builds because the dev working on Reloaded dropped support for it.

ETA's kill puppies. Sent from a ______ with Tapatalk

Reactions: glarepate

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site

ICS reloaded will not work for any newer ICS builds, if on any anymore. Dev has dumped the project. Instead, he is working on a completely new version/project. He is hoping to have something soon. He has a thread on Xda.

Sent from my ZombieICS-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

jto101680

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I see you added Apollo music player. Totally awesome. And the fact that I'm typing this with the forum open, while I'm downloading the nightly is proof of improvement in stability. I tip my hat to you sir.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: A-android-B and tdm

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
When you have the nightly zip properly constructed, Drew's recovery should be able to flash it. I added the appropriate device assert (I think). If it doesn't work, snag a copy of /tmp/recovery.log before you reboot and I'll try to get it figured out.
I flashed the nightly with Drew's Cannibal Open Touch for Optimus V and it worked fine. :)

P.S. Why do I keep getting an "Android is upgrading" screen everytime I start the phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.