ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Is there a specific recovery that we should be using? Or ones we should refrain from?
I'm on the VM670NH right now. I got the beta to install fine, but the Delta says failed, (bad)?
Is this a recovery issue?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

jto101680

May 15, 2012
Visit site
For anyone having problems with romkeeper, I had to uninstall then install again for it to update with pre beta 1 and the nightly. Also, they will not install if it just says present, it must say verified. Which means you need to download again and let it finish verifying before you end the download. I hope that made sense.

Reactions: inceyet

Ilovefarts

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Did you save it? Bottom right, looks like this old antique thing called a floppy disc. ;)

I saved it, but I'll try it ok. The locations allow me to enter from lockscreen to those set apps, but the icons don't show. I'm wondering if I have to set something else like a different wallpaper or something.

Ok, so for some reason it won't allow me to use the default icon. For instance, if I choose Instagram, I have to choose either icon from the "gallery" or a "system icon." I'm trying to figure that out. Thanks though.

Last edited:

1BIG1

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Got a question ? tdm says use rom keeper to down load beta trial but has the rom keeper been updated in the past 2 weeks because I'm not getting anything but a blank screen when I launch it.but this was 2 or more weeks ago that I downloaded it. When to the updates appear or are these back to a nightly deal? Sure look forward this beta release. Can anyone tell me whats up?

rebel69ization

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Tdm, i got the nightly downloaded finally using romkeeper, had to fetch beta pre1, install, fetch nightly, install. I flashed both on top of beta pre1 i was already running. Everything's super smooth( had to uninstall romkeeper then reinstall to get it to work)

Reactions: tdm

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Got a question ? tdm says use rom keeper to down load beta trial but has the rom keeper been updated in the past 2 weeks because I'm not getting anything but a blank screen when I launch it.but this was 2 or more weeks ago that I downloaded it. When to the updates appear or are these back to a nightly deal? Sure look forward this beta release. Can anyone tell me whats up?

Just follow what
jto101680 says. I haven't done it yet I have horrible 3g here at work and as soon as I'm out of here ill be doing just that

For anyone having problems with romkeeper, I had to uninstall then install again for it to update with pre beta 1 and the nightly. Also, they will not install if it just says present, it must say verified. Which means you need to download again and let it finish verifying before you end the download. I hope that made sense.

dja041687

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Beta pre 1 + alt nightly Running great on 2 out of 3 phones. On my anomaly the mic doesn't seem to work. Can hear caller but they can't hear me.

Ilovefarts

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
If I'm off topic, please delete this, but while dealing with the lockscreen, I noticed my default icons of any given app won't show on the lockscreen. So after choosing which app I'd like set in any given spot on the lockscreen, I clicked on the icon and it gives me the option of choosing an icon from the gallery or a system icon. I have a couple of questions. First, why won't it allow me to use the default icon? It appears in the selection process to be very small, but when I choose a system icon it appears normal. Second question, where would I be able to find say a market downloaded icon using a root browser? Thanks for any answers and or guidance.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If I'm off topic, please delete this, but while dealing with the lockscreen, I noticed my default icons of any given app won't show on the lockscreen. So after choosing which app I'd like set in any given spot on the lockscreen, I clicked on the icon and it gives me the option of choosing an icon from the gallery or a system icon. I have a couple of questions. First, why won't it allow me to use the default icon? It appears in the selection process to be very small, but when I choose a system icon it appears normal. Second question, where would I be able to find say a market downloaded icon using a root browser? Thanks for any answers and or guidance.

That has been a CM9 / ICS alpha issue since the lockscreen icons were added a week or so back. It appears to not be fixed yet on their side.

Reactions: Ilovefarts

jto101680

May 15, 2012
Visit site

Uninstall / reinstall the link in the OP. If there's a black screen hit home button then refresh. Once there on there make sure to let both downloads VERIFY to 100percent. Then install per beta 1, you might have to hold the install button instead of a quick tap. You should reboot into pre beta 1, then install nightly the same way through romkeeper.

Reactions: cmerlyn

johncalvin

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Okay, couple of quick issues here, things I haven't seen in the thread so far, although I haven't read every post.

* Play Store tells me that Chrome Beta is incompatible with my device, and doesn't show when I search from my phone. Is this a known bug?

* Also, my default browser is crashing--force close about three times in five minutes--it didn't go unresponsive, just crashed to homescreen. It's working a little more smoothly now.

* Lastly, I can tell the battery consumption is fairly high, even compared to my already power-hungry IHO BACKside build 0502 on brand-new batteries. Any hope on the deep sleep issue? Also, what's the best combination of governor and frequency? I'm running 806 stable (pre-quattrimus), InteractiveX, 122 min, on brand-new batteries and a first-version Optimus V (novatel and ZV4).

kylemaguire

Resident Teen
Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
* Play Store tells me that Chrome Beta is incompatible with my device, and doesn't show when I search from my phone. Is this a known bug?

This must be your first time with an ICS rom. Chrome beta is for ARMv7 or above. The V and S are ARMv6.
Chrome does not work on these phones. And its like 55 mb once installed anyway.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
@tdm will the RomKeeper update support open source scripting? Drew updated Cannibal thunderc recovery to support it, which means goo manager support.

LG-LS670 w thekraven ICS alpha 15 linaro2 & Tapatalk 2

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
@tdm will the RomKeeper update support open source scripting? Drew updated Cannibal thunderc recovery to support it, which means goo manager support.

LG-LS670 w thekraven ICS alpha 15 linaro2 & Tapatalk 2

what sort of scripting would be needed... Do you have a link to documentation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan