ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a different wi-fi problem. My wi-fi isn't reconnecting when my phone wakes up. I have to go into wi-fi settings and click "Scan" in order for it to detect my access point and connect.
Try going into the Wi-Fi settings and checking "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" to "Always". If that's what you want to do that is.

prohitter5

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
tdm nightly and the beta are amazing pointing out bugs I found YouTube and Netflix will freeze up while watching it and restart and adult swim app will not each videos plz fix!

Reactions: tdm

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
tdm nightly and the beta are amazing pointing out bugs I found YouTube and Netflix will freeze up while watching it and restart and adult swim app will not each videos plz fix!

I think netflix requires hardware acceleration and we can't have that because the vendor won't update it and the code is not open source.

Not sure about youtube, it seems to work in some builds better than others.

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I think netflix requires hardware acceleration and we can't have that because the vendor won't update it and the code is not open source.

Not sure about youtube, it seems to work in some builds better than others.
Youtube works great for me. Only problem I've had so far is the camcorder/portrait failing (known problem), and zxing barcode scanner is really slow and choppy (though it DOES work). Also, Google Voice isn't sending out my texts even though it says it did.. Strange issue, never happened for me until now. Oh, and Google Voice search (on the search bar) still doesn't work.

But overall, this works really well.

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok I will download but what's difference between nightly and beta pre 1

Sent from futuristic optimus s
Nightly is newer than beta pre 1, but you need the pre beta 1 first before you can install the nightly. So just get RomKeeper, download pre beta 1, then download the nightly, then you can install the nightly zip.

P.S. Nightly means, built every night. So they're generally much farther up to date, however much more unstable as well. But at the moment, that doesn't matter too much.

Edit: To use RomKeeper, open the app, just press the setting button thing, click refresh and wait for the list to update, then click on the prebeta 1, then press the settings button again, press fetch, wait, then press back, click on nightly, press settings button again, press fetch, wait, reboot, and install the zip in the root of your sd card from your custom recovery.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Nightly is newer than beta pre 1, but you need the pre beta 1 first before you can install the nightly. So just get RomKeeper, download pre beta 1, then download the nightly, then you can install the nightly zip.

P.S. Nightly means, built every night. So they're generally much farther up to date, however much more unstable as well. But at the moment, that doesn't matter too much.

Awesome I'm going to it now
Do I have to wipe anything when I install nightly?

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Awesome I'm going to it now
Do I have to wipe anything when I install nightly?

I personally always wipe everything. If you're coming from Gingerbread/CM7 or something similar, I'd recommend wiping (otherwise there could be many problems). If coming from another ICS, you probably don't absolutely have to wipe, but I still do just to make sure. You can try it out without wiping though. Backup everything, then (don't quote me on this method, but I think it's correct) wipe only the system and cache (leave data intact), then install the ROM.

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Youtube works great for me. Only problem I've had so far is the camcorder/portrait failing (known problem), and zxing barcode scanner is really slow and choppy (though it DOES work). Also, Google Voice isn't sending out my texts even though it says it did.. Strange issue, never happened for me until now. Oh, and Google Voice search (on the search bar) still doesn't work.

But overall, this works really well.

Work arounds: for the Camcorder I use Videocam Illusion, for panorama photos I use 360, for bar codes I use QR Barcode Scanner.
Sorry, I don't do texting, so I haven't come up with anything for that. I've heard GO SMS works well, haven't tried it.
Of course, YMMV on all of this...

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I personally always wipe everything. If you're coming from Gingerbread/CM7 or something similar, I'd recommend wiping (otherwise there could be many problems). If coming from another ICS, you probably don't absolutely have to wipe, but I still do just to make sure. You can try it out without wiping though. Backup everything, then (don't quote me on this method, but I think it's correct) wipe only the system and cache (leave data intact), then install the ROM.

I'm talking about when I flash nightly after beta pre

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
My only problem is my keyboard
325034f2-2c6a-87cc.jpg

This is my problem

Status
Not open for further replies.