ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Credit card reader sounds like a daily thing, and this rom is still getting builded, in a way.

IMO, if that's the case, this isn't meant for daily if you have to use something thats broken

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

While quattrimus may hit beta this week, CM9 is not going to hit beta for some time. Probably months. So you can expect random breakage from time to time if you use it. Keeps life interesting. ;) On the other hand, if you wait until quattrimus aosp is back and in beta (maybe next week?), I expect it should be rather stable.

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
First of all, I haven't said a valid thank you yet, so thank you both TDM and thekraven and others helping in some way or another for making such excellent roms.

Next, I've noticed a bug with portable wifi hotspot - if you try to turn it on without wifi on, it will get stuck in the "turning wifi on" status, and you will not be able to turn wifi on manually either. (you will have to reboot your phone). Also if you have wifi on already, it turns wifi off, then attempts to turn it on again, and gets stuck in the same status.

If it helps at all, until wifi hotspot gets fixed, I've been using Barnacle wifi tether app, which is open source and works only on rooted phones, although I believe it only turns the 3g connection into a hotspot, not an existing wifi connection.

szym.net ? Barnacle Wifi Tether

github source:
https://github.com/szym/barnacle

I won't be able to check bluetooth internet tethering until tomorrow (left my tablet at work), but from what I've read and seen so far the beta1pre2 is running pretty smooth. Ill post a follow up once I get to work tomorrow. Again great job on this rom and thank you.

Also since I havent edited my signature yet: using cm9 beta1pre2 on 2nd gen ov, I'd also recommend setting the min/max clock speeds to 480-600 for the rom since some phones(like mine for instance) had constant reboot problems until i set the clock speed close to/max @ stock

Last edited:
Reactions: tdm

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
While quattrimus may hit beta this week, CM9 is not going to hit beta for some time. Probably months. So you can expect random breakage from time to time if you use it. Keeps life interesting. ;) On the other hand, if you wait until quattrimus aosp is back and in beta (maybe next week?), I expect it should be rather stable.

Overall I can't say any of us have any major complaints about it.. Not a big deal to flash a backup every now and then to use specific items from time to time. We're not quite ready to take you out back and put you down just yet :p

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Idk if its something i did, but i cant seem to control media volume. It wont turn down. Had my earphones in and my ear almost exploded.

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Idk if its something i did, but i cant seem to control media volume. It wont turn down. Had my earphones in and my ear almost exploded.

I noticed that within the last 30 minutes or so too. Especially after reboot there seems to be a pretty big delay between the volume toggle and touch control every now and then. If you turn the volume all the way down and then back up it straightens itself out. Also now there is a "safe headset volume" option under settings>sound that keeps you from getting your ears blown out. No promises but it worked for me

blizard

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

Is aokp considered quattrinus in the beta release

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

TauSigmaNova

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I've been following this from since Alpha VI, using as daily since Alpha VII. Love this rom ever since. Thanks, tdm

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand wats aosp and aokp

Sent from futuristic quattrimus optimus s

Ah yes, we have a bunch of new LS670 users... :)

AOSP, "Android Open Source Project", is the official Google sources, with only the changes necessary to make it run on our devices. No extra features at all. This is fairly close to what you would get if your device came with ICS.

AOKP, "Android Open Kang Project" is another project similar to CM but with different (and generally more) customization. See their project for more.

Reactions: jonny5449

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Checked out the aokp page when I made that last post. They finally got adb-over-network, which is one less change for me to carry around.

And they posted this, which is good to keep in mind:

These builds do NOT include the new Linaro optimizations. The optimizations don't increase the speed of Android by 100%, nor do they inject butter. They use a newer toolchain to compile Android, which has more optimizations. The Linaro people have also made the proper changes in Android code to allow builds to be compiled with -O3 instead of -O2 flags (think of it as another pass of code optimizations).

Please do not ask us whether we will include them in the future. We like speed as much as the next guy, but we want to make sure that it doesn't break ANYTHING. When/if it's ready, you'll know.

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Update: bluetooth tethering still isnt working properly.
I can pair devices (tablet + phone),
I can check/uncheck share this connection on my phone,

but if I go to the paired device's settings on my phone, I can't check/uncheck "use for internet access", it's stuck on check, so basically I lose internet on my phone because it tries to use the connection from my tablet rather than the built in wifi/3g and rather than sharing it's own connection.

CM9 Beta1Pre2 Lg Optimus V VM670

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Omg, Bluetooth calling works! I did notice that its not a crystal clear call, but its finally working!
Initial testing had interactiveX gov with 480 min and 804 Max. Noticed 4 reboots, while accessing playstore, logging into Pandora, an few other times just doing nothing.
Changed CPU to 122 min and 748 Max. Now no reboots so far.
@tdm et al, very amazing job!

Reactions: tdm and inceyet

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
when rebooting does everyone else's phone always say Android is upgrading on every reboot? if not I'll get a logcat to see what's "upgrading" when I get off work

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

bhasden

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
when rebooting does everyone else's phone always say Android is upgrading on every reboot? if not I'll get a logcat to see what's "upgrading" when I get off work

Yes.

Everytime I see it I imagine that somewhere inside the phone there's an old curmudgeon cup of froyo putting up a fight against progress but superhero ICS comes in, gives the bytes freedom and saves the day.

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Yes.

Everytime I see it I envision that somewhere inside the phone there's an old curmudgeon cup of froyo putting up a fight against progress but superhero ICS comes in, gives the bytes freedom and saves the day.

I'm still going to get a logcat to see just out of curiosity :sly:
I know it didn't do it on CAI so it bugs me lol

bhasden

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Update: bluetooth tethering still isnt working properly.
I can pair devices (tablet + phone),
I can check/uncheck share this connection on my phone,

but if I go to the paired device's settings on my phone, I can't check/uncheck "use for internet access", it's stuck on check, so basically I lose internet on my phone because it tries to use the connection from my tablet rather than the built in wifi/3g and rather than sharing it's own connection.

CM9 Beta1Pre2 Lg Optimus V VM670

Bluetooth tethering isn't working properly for me either. I can get the bluetooth tethering turned on and get the notification on my phone that bluetooth tethering is turned on, but on my tablet I'm not able to browse anywhere despite the fact that the bluetooth icon is blue.

Keep in mind that the issue may be on my tablet. I can test tethering to another Optimus V later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC