ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Ah yes, we have a bunch of new LS670 users... :)

AOSP, "Android Open Source Project", is the official Google sources, with only the changes necessary to make it run on our devices. No extra features at all. This is fairly close to what you would get if your device came with ICS.

AOKP, "Android Open Kang Project" is another project similar to CM but with different (and generally more) customization. See their project for more.

I would most likely run aosp

Sent from futuristic quattrimus optimus s

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I tried AOSP. Its unrooted, so its not overclocked

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

@TDM, Weather apps are slow to locate. Whats the cause of it?

Last edited:

vB396530

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
MMS doesn't work on 3G ither. Can't send or receive.

Btw, what made you say MMS doesnt work on wifi...?

MMS works on 3G if not i would have said so.

I quoted someone else"MMS does not work on wifi"
for the people that dont know.

The time on lockscreen works fine but in the launcher it doesnt refresh.

Im only repeating this so i can post pics
Keyboard still laggy & a little to high
too much space on bottom of keyboard :cool:

Great work TDM keep it coming:-*

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
MMS works on 3G if not i would have said so.

I quoted someone else"MMS does not work on wifi"
for the people that dont know.

The time on lockscreen works fine but in the launcher it doesnt refresh.

Im only repeating this so i can post pics
Keyboard still laggy & a little to high
too much space on bottom of keyboard :cool:

Great work TDM keep it coming:-*

I just tried to Send with 3G again. It was a no go. Have you tested it out? In GB and Froyo you cod send and receive MMS on wifi.

The keyboard is actually perfect. Its just the way the phone outlines on the edges.

You look like your still on a old build. My keyboard is all lowercase and capital depending on the shift key. Your keyboard is a mix between caps and lowercase. :|

@TDM, i just got this.
4c62d649-b6e0-cbcb.jpg

Im wondering if its because i uses Bobzhomes gapps.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I would most likely run aosp

Sent from futuristic quattrimus optimus s

I used to say the same thing. Always loved the idea of AOSP but if you're used to tweaks like the notification power widget, status bar brightness control, DSP Manager, etc... you probably won't be happy.

I tried AOSP. Its unrooted, so its not overclocked

This isn't exactly true. There seemed to be an issue with root access in AOSP that never was fixed, although I'm sure it will be in the new build. It will be rooted, just like any other custom ROM. You can overclock using NoFrills or SetCPU.

I just tried to Send with 3G again. It was a no go. Have you tested it out? In GB and Froyo you cod send and receive MMS on wifi.

Also, not exactly true. MMS does not send over WiFi, only 3G. Your phone would just toggle 3G on and off as necessary to send MMS when on WiFi, which is what these ROMs should be doing as well. I'm running Bobz RC0 so I don't know what the current behavior of MMS on Quattrimus is, but reading a few posts back it looks like TDM is working hard on it.

Reactions: tdm and vB396530

inyourface09

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I noticed it says wifi is working but it wont work, I use my tethering for like 5hrs a day to play battlefield because im in the counntry. It wont scan for networks much less activate. I tried a tethering app with a log and it said that there was no wifi driver installed for the rom and no wpa_supplicant.

johncalvin

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
@TDM: B1P2 wifi tethering still not working for me. Same issue as before--when I turn on the hotspot in the Tethering menu, it greys out the button and says "turning wifi on..." I never get a hotspot, and wifi is turned off and cannot be turned back on until I reboot. And this last time, it locked the phone--the screen went to sleep and would not return, I had to remove the battery.

I'm really enjoying Quattrimus and using it as a daily--this is awesome, TDM! Unfortunately, since I'm going to be on the road most of the next week, I might have to temporarily revert to IHO Backside to get my tethering back...any hope of a fix soon?

//VM Optimus V 1st-generation, Quattrimus B1P2, 122-806 InteractiveX

Reactions: tdm

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
@TDM: B1P2 wifi tethering still not working for me. Same issue as before--when I turn on the hotspot in the Tethering menu, it greys out the button and says "turning wifi on..." I never get a hotspot, and wifi is turned off and cannot be turned back on until I reboot. And this last time, it locked the phone--the screen went to sleep and would not return, I had to remove the battery.

I'm really enjoying Quattrimus and using it as a daily--this is awesome, TDM! Unfortunately, since I'm going to be on the road most of the next week, I might have to temporarily revert to IHO Backside to get my tethering back...any hope of a fix soon?

//VM Optimus V 1st-generation, Quattrimus B1P2, 122-806 InteractiveX

Honestly I'm really busy with other things and I don't have service on my OV anymore, so unless a fix drops into my lap, probably not.

vB396530

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
My pics show what i meant by the keyboard is laggy thats what happens when i turn CAPS off

You look like your still on a old build. My keyboard is all lowercase and capital depending on the shift key. Your keyboard is a mix between caps and lowercase.
Sent from my LG-VM670 usi.
The keyboard is actually perfect. Its just the way the phone outlines on the edges.

my point by keyboard being to high. its noticeable
any other ROM its not thats why i mention it not a biggie but its not
my opinion

TDM THANKS

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I used to say the same thing. Always loved the idea of AOSP but if you're used to tweaks like the notification power widget, status bar brightness control, DSP Manager, etc... you probably won't be happy.

This isn't exactly true. There seemed to be an issue with root access in AOSP that never was fixed, although I'm sure it will be in the new build. It will be rooted, just like any other custom ROM. You can overclock using NoFrills or SetCPU.

Also, not exactly true. MMS does not send over WiFi, only 3G. Your phone would just toggle 3G on and off as necessary to send MMS when on WiFi, which is what these ROMs should be doing as well. I'm running Bobz RC0 so I don't know what the current behavior of MMS on Quattrimus is, but reading a few posts back it looks like TDM is working hard on it.

You misunderstood me. You can have wifi on and still send MMS as long as you have data service.

MMS is a problem for people recently.

firecrotch666

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Hmm... well, it would be most interesting to know exactly when it broke. If a10final worked, then the break was when I integrated thekraven's code. Otherwise, I'd have to do some digging to see what I changed .. if I can even find that information anymore. (yeah I need to tag releases, I'll try to remember that once we hit beta).

Does this work as if it was an NFC chip?

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
This makes me nervous about linaro.
Only one way to find out I guess. But honestly, I think it certainly is good and worthit to squeeze every ounce of speed out of the system! Makes for a much smoother and nicer ROM. One small thing may not equate to much speed increase, but add other tools and tweaks, and those small increases start to addup to larger ones!

P.S. I got 1697 on original pretbeta1. Will test on your next linaro if you build one.

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Finally got camcorder working, w00t! :cool:

Can't play the video on the phone but mplayer on Linux plays it. Came out sideways though, don't know if that's normal or not.
Nice! Maybe it'll help those applications that have choppy camera. I was testing, and I realized, it's not just ZXing Barcode Scanner that has the slow choppy video on it, but it's also Google Goggles. I think that it may be choppy on most/all other applications, so that signifies a deeper issue. On the plus side, everything DOES work even though it's choppy, it's just very uncomfortable and disturbing.

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
How about voice recognition on the keyboard? Or voice search? Haven't seen anyone mention it

Regarding Voice Search. It doesn't work from gapps. But you can make it work. What you need to do is remove /system/app/VoiceSearch.apk, then install it from the market.

Using this method, Voice Search works great for me.

And as far as Voice on the keyboard, I don't know how to yet get that working.

Reactions: NoNameFace
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay