ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey tdm, I downloaded one of djdarkknight's themed beta Swype apk's (the stock ics one) and I don't know if it's quattrimus doing this to it but it looks all weird... Is it quattrimus not playing Nice with it, or is it maybe just his theme when he updated to the new HD images? It might also be a bad download but I'm not sure. Any ideas tdm? Sorry for bothering you. :/ haven't had a single problem with this ROM at all. I'm loving it alot, it's come a long way since alpha 8 (which is how long I've been using it :p) anyways, amazing work tdm your a truly outstanding person. :)
425700cc-c1e1-4b4b.jpg

G-T-R & Quattrimus CM9 Nuff' said.
(Also, sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2.)

rebel69ization

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Optimus S, LS670. Clean install on ZVD radio (wiped data & cache). No overclocking.

Wonderful ROM. Thanks TDM & crew!!!

Preliminary testing results follow.

Works:
3G data speeds tested on DSLReports. Good as ever. ~800kbps (at my house).
WiFi sensitivity & data speeds tested on DSLReports. Good as ever. ~950kbps (at my house).
Charging (on PC & AC adapter), Auto-rotate, calls, SMS, MMS, GPS (very fast lock), Bluetooth (with headphone/mic in call-- I didn’t try stereo), USB storage, Camera, Camcorder (but must use MX Video Player for playback), Compass, Proximity sensor (in calls).

User apps working:
Angry Birds 1.5.3, Apollo, Anymemo 8.3.0, Gas Buddy 2.0, Goggles 1.7.1, Google Play Music 4.1.513, Google Voice 0.4.2.24, Groove IP Lite 1.0.3, IP Cam Viewer Lite, 4.2.7.1, Lookout 7.0-94024ef, Maps 6.8.1, Mortplayer Audio Books 0.9.7a, Voice Search 2.1.4, MusixMatch 3.0.9, MX Video Player 1.5a + Codec ARMv5 VFP 1.5, Our Groceries 2.0.6, Pandora 1.6, Playlist Designer 1.0.5, QuickSettings 1.9.8p2, Scanner Radio 3.1.0.1, Soundhound 2.6.1, Teamviewer 6.0.203, Ultimate Stopwatch 5.0.3, Ulysee Gizmos 1.6.2, , Winamp 1.2.12, Where’s My Droid 3.5.1, YouTube 2.4.4.

Not working properly:
  • FoxFi not able to create a WiFi Hotspot, saying “WiFi mode has failed on your phone. Please try Bluetooth mode instead.” I need a solution.
  • SprintTV 1.0.4.32- App launches. Guide works. Audio works. No video. (Screen is black.) HELP! Need that by football season! :)
  • ES FileExplorer 1.6.1.6. Mostly works but FTP over WiFi not giving a feasible FTP address within the WiFi router’s DHCP address range.
  • Swype, 2.6.48.12353. Won’t install. I will try to install their beta later.

the swype beta works wonderfully. I have had it installed for the last 3 quat betas.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey tdm, I downloaded one of djdarkknight's themed beta Swype apk's (the stock ics one) and I don't know if it's quattrimus doing this to it but it looks all weird... Is it quattrimus not playing Nice with it, or is it maybe just his theme when he updated to the new HD images? It might also be a bad download but I'm not sure. Any ideas tdm? Sorry for bothering you. :/ haven't had a single problem with this ROM at all. I'm loving it alot, it's come a long way since alpha 8 (which is how long I've been using it :p) anyways, amazing work tdm your a truly outstanding person. :)
Click to view quoted image

G-T-R & Quattrimus CM9 Nuff' said.
(Also, sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2.)

The problem is that the .9.png's used to create the keyboard are too big and are crossing over each other creating that white line (sorta like when you hold up two semi transparent things and partially overlap them). It could be a problem with the aurora theme you are using, but I highly doubt it because I didn't theme swype and I doubt that swype draws from the framework images.

Try applying stock theme, rebooting, and then see how the keyboard looks without any themes. If it looks the same, I would assume that the keyboard isn't quite working for MDPI and that's the cause of your problem.

I am absolutely sure this is not a problem with the rom though.

ildog27

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Found the solution to ALL random reboots and Over Clocking issues!!!!

I was messing around with benchmarks one time and saw that during the benchmark the the system would freeze and force a reboot during a memory access. I thought originally it was from the kernel timing but it wasn't! It was from the Dalvik cache!

So I decides to make a sd-ext partition with a huge swap partition, and the system is not COMPLETELY stable with an overclock and 826mhz!! Hope this helps anyone else with Over Clocking or Stability issues!

EDIT: If this was already mentioned(I just remembered I might of saw something on this), please ignore :x

i am having many problems of random reboots and crashes. I'm not informed on SD-Card Partitions.. and the whole kernel thing is fuzzy for me. Other than that, i know a decent amount about rooting and stuff. i am using AOKP because i love customizing everything, and i overclocked to only 787Mhz because i thought it was randomly rebooting because i overclocked it to 826Mhz. But it still randomly reboots and it is very annoying and frusturating. Could you walk me through how to fix this? i would really appreciate this.

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm also having problems with constant rebooting. I'm using beta 1 pre 3. I have the phone set to 600Mhz and the minimum is set to 480Mhz using SmartassV2. I didn't have any serious problems with reboots until this version. Strange.

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
So, running the newest b3 and Ive noticed something weird. Usually when in stock messaging app, I can click on the contact an it would normally bring up a dialogue box that I could call the contact from.
I deleted the message and started a new thread, pulling up a name from my contact list. Typed a message an it sent fine.
But when I click on the contact in the window, it states contact doesn't exist as opposed to bringing up the normal window??
again, I have verified all my actual contacts are there. Its not that big of deal if it can't be fixed, it just saved a step to calling someone

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm also having problems with constant rebooting. I'm using beta 1 pre 3. I have the phone set to 600Mhz and the minimum is set to 480Mhz using SmartassV2. I didn't have any serious problems with reboots until this version. Strange.

which baseband do you have? zv4, zv5, or zv9? not sure if zv9 is supported here but i've heard it has some issues in other roms

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
i am having many problems of random reboots and crashes. I'm not informed on SD-Card Partitions.. and the whole kernel thing is fuzzy for me. Other than that, i know a decent amount about rooting and stuff. i am using AOKP because i love customizing everything, and i overclocked to only 787Mhz because i thought it was randomly rebooting because i overclocked it to 826Mhz. But it still randomly reboots and it is very annoying and frusturating. Could you walk me through how to fix this? i would really appreciate this.

try lowering your max clock frequency. try stock first. if it doesnt reboot with stock then go up. also the safe minimum for the ov is 480 from what i've read. anything lower can cause reboots.

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I have zv5 on my phone. Originally I was going to upgrade to zv9 but decided it would be best to wait. I switched to msm7k from smartassv2 to see if that will help.

Well, I'm on zv9. I was having random reboots last night. But I switched to savagedzen governor. I'm using 122 min and 748 Max. Reboots have stopped.
I know that's normally below recommend minimum, but before I was using mirage an mrg changed up his kernel a bit and it worked well on his for my phone. So I figured why not give it a try...
As always, not all OV's are the same. This is just working for me until I find something better..

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that the .9.png's used to create the keyboard are too big and are crossing over each other creating that white line (sorta like when you hold up two semi transparent things and partially overlap them). It could be a problem with the aurora theme you are using, but I highly doubt it because I didn't theme swype and I doubt that swype draws from the framework images.

Try applying stock theme, rebooting, and then see how the keyboard looks without any themes. If it looks the same, I would assume that the keyboard isn't quite working for MDPI and that's the cause of your problem.

I am absolutely sure this is not a problem with the rom though.
I just tested out that stock ice themed swype, and I have a mostly vanilla and unthemed install. I have that weird line issue too. So I guess its the phone or theme or something.

which baseband do you have? zv4, zv5, or zv9? not sure if zv9 is supported here but i've heard it has some issues in other roms
I have ZV9 and things couldn't be more stable. Not sure if I've ever had even 1 reboot yet. I'm on interactiveX right now, and 245-806.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryuk6666

ryao

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I think netflix requires hardware acceleration and we can't have that because the vendor won't update it and the code is not open source.

Not sure about youtube, it seems to work in some builds better than others.

Would you elaborate on what is needed and why it is incompatible?

ildog27

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed the CM9, and it is awesome! I can't wait for AOKP because i prefer more customization, but this is amazing. Youtube works, everything stable, no crashes. And best of all, I have no random reboots. Great Job to all developers who helped create this, you did an incredible job.

Reactions: tdm

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I just tested out that stock ice themed swype, and I have a mostly vanilla an unthemed install. I have that weird line issue too. So I guess its the phone or theme or something.

If you have the issue and don't have a theme applied, then it's an issue with swype. It isn't using MDPI images to make the keyboard.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The kraven started deving again but tdm can u keep realeasing stuff for the optimus s I took a liking to this rom

Sent from futuristic quattrimus optimus s

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
First I want to thank to TDM and everyone else included on this project! Its really smooth over clocked at scary 480-825 and no reboots so far! Also I installed it using the cannibal touch recovery! :D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
On the 670, wifi tethering in the settings menu starts up but it says on 'turning wifi on' and with foxfi it tells me to use it through Bluetooth instead. I've also had 5 reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance