ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I have zv5 on my phone. Originally I was going to upgrade to zv9 but decided it would be best to wait. I switched to msm7k from smartassv2 to see if that will help.

mine is zv5 also with smartassv2 480-600, try turning on"Allow purging of assets" and "Kernel samepage merging" under Memory Management. I have these on with my settings and my phone is pretty much rock solid stable

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It was just something I threw together. I'm terrible at graphics. Maybe this is motivation for someone to make something better. ;) It's a series of 8 (or I could use up to 12 or so) 320x480 images.

Thoughts on this one? My only note is to maybe use the same LG logo that our phone first shows to make it more "seamless", so if anyone has that image handy that would be awesome. :)

Reactions: tdm

Ilovefarts

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that some apps don't load properly without a cache wipe and sometimes a reboot. Nothing major. I haven't tried audio or speaker phone yet. How's everyone's experiences with the audio or more importantly playing mp3's? Just curious. Thanks @tdm for the awesome job buddy

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Optimus S, Clean install (data & cache wiped). Now overclocked to 787MHz with InteractiveX.

In addition to my earlier test results, I've found the following bugs.

• Swype beta can't be invoked. I've installed it and made it the default keyboard in Settings/Input, but when I go to type in messaging or email app, the Android keyboard displays. I've tried rebooting, clearing cache, reinstalling, & rebooting again.
  • WMA audio files don't play (with Apollo, Winamp, Musixmatch, Google Play Music). They played on stock ZVD & Reborn ROM. MP3's play.
  • Built-in WiFi Hotspot doesn't work. (Just confirming.)
  • Speakerphone volume is very low. (Just confirming.)
  • Power-off reboot only reboots if phone is NOTcharging. If charging, then the phone just turns off. (Interestingly, "recovery" reboots to recovery whether or not it's charging. But selecting "reboot" from CWM does not reboot. It just turns off the phone.)

Under Settings/Backup & reset,I have "Back up my data" and "Automatic restore" checked but "Backup account' is grayed-out. I don't know how this is supposed to work so I'm not sure if it's not working. Is there a way to backup my account so that if I go back to Reborn ROM and then come back to a later Beta version, I can automatically reinstall apps or at least settings?

Last edited:

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
  • Swype beta can't be invoked. I've installed it and made it the default keyboard in Settings/Input, but when I go to type in messaging or email app, the Android keyboard displays. I've tried rebooting, clearing cache, reinstalling, & rebooting again.

How did you install Swype? Did you restore just the keyboard? I usually re-download swype or else I run into problems...

I just downloaded the latest update this morning and it is working great on this ROM.

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
wait so i download rom keeper to flash ics...somebody clarify what I'm supposed to do.

First press Menu button and hit "Refresh" to get the list of available roms. Then press "quattrimus beta1pre3". Then after that press Menu button and hit "Fetch."

After you have downloaded beta1pre3 from Romkeeper (check your notification bar to verify 100%complete), press Menu button and press Install. It should ask for su permissions if this is your first time doing so. Afterwards, RomKeeper will reboot your phone and will automatically wipe cache/dalvik and flash the downloaded rom. And that's pretty much it. :)

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Optimus S, Clean install (data & cache wiped). Now overclocked to 787 with InteractiveX.

In addition to my earlier test results, I've found the following issues.

• Power-off reboot only reboots if phone is NOTcharging. If charging, then the phone just turns off. (Interestingly, "recovery" reboots to recovery whether or not it's charging. But selecting "reboot" from CWM does not reboot. It just turns off the phone.)

Under Settings/Backup & reset,I have "Back up my data" and "Automatic restore" checked but "Backup account' is grayed-out. I don't know how this is supposed to work so I'm not sure if it's not working. Is there a way to backup my account so that if I go back to Reborn ROM and then come back to a later Beta version, I can automatically reinstall apps or at least settings?

You have to go into the swype beta settings and change the keyboard from android to swype in addition to the normal settings option

Settings->Language & Input->check swype. click the icon to the right of the swype option, it will bring you into the swype settings. click select input method, change from English (US) to Swype

Last edited:

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
BobZhome does make a good rom but this thread is about Quatrimus.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

He removed a lot of ICS stuff to make the ROM a bit smaller and a little bit more stable. tdm is building the ROM from scratch and its ALL there. Not hating on bob i LOVE LOVE LOVE his kernels, but I found his ics ROM lacking.

Reactions: BuggerZ

kakapopo

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I can't get Romkeeper to work. I tryed downloading and installing it several times but when I open it, it shows a blank black screen with the title rom keeper on top. Why isn't it working?

Ilovefarts

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Optimus S, Clean install (data & cache wiped). Now overclocked to 787 with InteractiveX.

In addition to my earlier test results, I've found the following issues.

Just an idea or possible solution, but this ROM if I'm not mistaken is designed for the V not the S(I could be wrong). Maybe that's why the swype beta won't install. I've had no problems what so ever however in an earlier alpha stage, I had the same problem you're talking about. Sorry that's happening to you, hope you can fix it.

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
random question, is there a version of the wpa_supplicant source available? I have to add ad-hoc support to a tablet for work and figured I'd give it a shot on here as well.

Ilovefarts

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I can't get Romkeeper to work. I tryed downloading and installing it several times but when I open it, it shows a blank black screen with the title rom keeper on top. Why isn't it working?

Left click your phone and "refresh." I noticed that I'm unable to install as well, but it will download and once you try to download it brings you to the recovery screen but the install is aborted. if you go and install a zip from your sd card, you should see the ROM you downloaded in there and proceed the same way as we used to.

Reactions: Glenar
Status
Not open for further replies.