ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

unknownsoldierx

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Hit the menu key on the phone while you have tb open and scroll down to restart application. If you wiped the sd ext before you installed, and it wasn't a backup, that might just be old data showing up from the previous rom. Settings>applications gives you storage info through quattrimus, although won't specifically show you a seperate sd ext, and the same menu in tb as the restart will give you storage for sd and ext separately.

Restarted TB, didn't do anything. Went into recovery and wiped sd-ext, now all my apps I installed are gone, which is fine. But Google Play is gone now. I can't figure out how to get it back.

I know this is still beta, but IMHO, a2sd is garbage. Why would you put such a small and important app like the market on sd-ext?

bhasden

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Restarted TB, didn't do anything. Went into recovery and wiped sd-ext, now all my apps I installed are gone, which is fine. But Google Play is gone now. I can't figure out how to get it back.

I know this is still beta, but IMHO, a2sd is garbage. Why would you put such a small and important app like the market on sd-ext?

Just reflash gapps. No biggie.

bhasden

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Just realized that beta1pre3 has the notifications issue where they play from the speaker instead of the headphones. I believe that was fixed in beta1pre2.

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I tried this but for Swype version 1.0.3.5809, under the "Swype settings", there is no option for "Input Method" and I can find nothing inside the Swype settings that would let me select Swype instead of English. Right now I have English selected.

Ok my apologies I had the normal swype installed not the beta. In swype 3.26.92.39125 the option exists. For the beta, still in Android Settings under Language & Input Right underneath "Default" Should say English (U.S), click it and you should be able to choose swype beta there.

Beta:
1340230954452.jpg

Last edited:

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Thoughts on this one? My only note is to maybe use the same LG logo that our phone first shows to make it more "seamless", so if anyone has that image handy that would be awesome. :)

Looks good, thanks. Now we have a competition! :)

I think the bootlogo from the p500 has it... I'll try to dig it up and convert to png.

Reactions: cole2kb

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Swype beta can't be invoked. I've installed it and made it the default keyboard in Settings/Input, but when I go to type in messaging or email app, the Android keyboard displays. I've tried rebooting, clearing cache, reinstalling, & rebooting again.

I have an old version of Swype beta that works fine. Maybe they screwed it up recently?

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
random question, is there a version of the wpa_supplicant source available? I have to add ad-hoc support to a tablet for work and figured I'd give it a shot on here as well.

I'm using the version straight from the CM repo. There are three versions there. My build config has "WPA_SUPPLICANT_VERSION := VER_0_6_X" so I assume it's building and installing android_external_wpa_supplicant_6.

kakapopo

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
very unstable...Alpha 10 was more stable than this version. Rebooted every 5 minutes. I'm just going to wait for beta. Thank you though tdm

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Just realized that beta1pre3 has the notifications issue where they play from the speaker instead of the headphones. I believe that was fixed in beta1pre2.

I switched libaudio for beta1pre3. It's gonna require some more tweaking to get it perfect.

Reactions: sellers86

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
It seems to more stable than what it was when I was last using it. At first it kept doing soft resets every time I tried to do something. Then I just flashed the rom then when it was done installing and booted up I restarted it into recovery and installed the gapps. Now it hasn't rebooted but once or twice and is now doing what it is suppose to. Also I was wondering about the built in hotspot option what is the best thing to use to replace it since it isn't working just yet.

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
It seems to more stable than what it was when I was last using it. At first it kept doing soft resets every time I tried to do something. Then I just flashed the rom then when it was done installing and booted up I restarted it into recovery and installed the gapps. Now it hasn't rebooted but once or twice and is now doing what it is suppose to. Also I was wondering about the built in hotspot option what is the best thing to use to replace it since it isn't working just yet.

barnacle works well, but the connection is ad-hoc, meaning other androids wont be able to connect unless they have been hacked to allow ad-hoc connections. which is why i want to edit wpa_supplicant to allow ad hoc connections, or so i hope. most laptops with wireless adapters however can connect via adhoc (wep security) with no problem.

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Well seems like the only working option for me is this easy tether thing. Just for some odd reason some sites just don't want to load. But when I try them on the phone they load fine. If it would stop preventing me from going to some sites like google it would be great. But if there is something that is just like the built in wifihotspot then that would be great too.

benslgdroid

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up a cheap Bluetooth at Wal-Mart to try it out and calling works great. The rom is running smooth only one reboot from disconnecting the bluetooth headset. Running at 806/480. I've built allot of themes for cm7 but now this has everything I want so I think I'll start pumping out cm9 themes.

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Think I found the source for the random reboots, it looks like its coming from when a hardware state changes.

When the system switches between CPU/GPU for UI acceleration and when you turn Bluetooth/WiFi/GPS/Radio on or off, the system seems to freeze and crash. Nothing is coming up on a logcat when it is happening though.

does Android use a HAL?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pkt_Lnt

purpulehaze

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any luck getting the flash player in that link to run properly. Do anything special to get it to work?

Nothing special. Just downloaded it to my computer moved it to my SD card and installed. I should have been a bit more clear, there were a few apps I couldn't use because it said it needed flash player like internet speed test and zombie farm. These apps with a few others are working now

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol