ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Has the Netflix issue and YouTube HD been fixed or improved on? Accidentally wiped SD card in recovery so I had to revert to IHO.

No, and Qualcomm just posted a semi-official statement today saying that there will be no OMX drivers for ICS. So that means chances are slim that it'll ever get fixed. :(

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Has the Netflix issue and YouTube HD been fixed or improved on? Accidentally wiped SD card in recovery so I had to revert to IHO.

This has been discussed a bit already, but I know there's a lot to keep up on. The way I understand it, the drivers needed for hardware acceleration (what we need to make video playback fluid) will not be released (or developed, one or the other) by LG. This means that someone needs to make a wrapper that will let us use existing (GB) drivers for ICS.

I hope I got that right. At any rate, there are some pretty determined people involved with this phone, and advances on other, similar devices might clear a path for us. It wouldn't surprise me if we did end up with hardware acceleration at some point, but there's no guarantee that it will ever happen.

EDIT: and tdm just cleared it up more succinctly.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
AOKP loves their swag...

9.1M Jun 20 21:47 SwagPapers.apk

Overall AOKP is 18mb heavier than CM9.

That's 9mb there in SwagPapers. And Launcher2 is another 7mb. I'll trim another 1mb from the audio files. The rest is scattered.

Is everyone okay with this? Or should we kick some of these out? Maybe have a vote to kick out one of the launchers (Nova is still there, of course)?

Keep in mind anything not in the main ROM can be posted in an "extras" zip and sideloaded.

benslgdroid

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up a cheap Bluetooth at Wal-Mart to try it out and calling works great. The rom is running smooth only one reboot from disconnecting the bluetooth headset. Running at 806/480. I've built allot of themes for cm7 but now this has everything I want so I think I'll start pumping out cm9 themes.

I thought it was from disconnecting the bluetooth but its happening when I turn the bluetooth off using the power bar. Volume keys on Bluetooth did change the bluetooth volume with visible slider in the phone. Hang up and answer button worked but when pushing it to launch voice dialer I got this
6399f636-ad32-1fcb.jpg
and it just hung there. I do have voice search installed as well.

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
AOKP loves their swag...

That's 9mb there in SwagPapers. And Launcher2 is another 7mb. I'll trim another 1mb from the audio files. The rest is scattered.

Is everyone okay with this? Or should we kick some of these out? Maybe have a vote to kick out one of the launchers (Nova is still there, of course)?

Keep in mind anything not in the main ROM can be posted in an "extras" zip and sideloaded.

I say kick out the bigger launcher.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm definitely inclined to check out the extras, but having to sideload them wouldn't be any hassle. It might confuse a few people though.

Reactions: inceyet

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
So this one guy posted this:

...and it seems that this was ignored (no thanks, no followups, nothing). I was intrigued however, so I did a little digging...

The digging led to this:

Swap and Compcache

The following, quoted from the above article, is what caught my attention:

If I remember correctly, tdm mentioned that memory management was an issue, and may be the culprit in some of the reboot situations. If that really is the case, wouldn't a swap partition or swap file help?

Mostly I just wanted to give this idea a second chance, as it looks like it was glossed over by everyone else.

Thank you for noticing my work, I had a hunch from the benchmark app always freezing when it was testing memory access, I thought it was the kernel with memory timings but its actually from the Dalvik cache being to small. I'm guessing its a lot smaller because of all the new UI features from ICS, along with everything being accelerated by OpenGL causing a large chunk of the memory being missing because of the use of OpenGL.

At least this is what I'm thinking

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I say kick out the bigger launcher.

Well, that would be Launcher2.

Launcher2 is 7.1mb
NovaLauncher is 1.6mb

By comparison, Trebuchet in CM9 is 7.1mb

Hmm .. some live wallpapers also snuck in, I can remove those.

I can probably squeeze enough out to make sure that the small gapps has enough free space to install.

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I like the idea of sideloading the extras and dumping a launcher. I use Apex anyhow.

Sent from my ZombieICS-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the double post, but this one was off topic from my Other post.

I got a logcat from a bluetooth crash!!!

tl;dr the System will crash and force a reboot when you turn bluetooth off, I was using bluetooth tethering at the time

Code:
D/BluetoothAdapterStateMachine( 1915): BluetoothOn process message: 2
D/BluetoothAdapterStateMachine( 1915): Bluetooth state 12 -> 13
E/Bluetooth HS/HF( 2102): BluetoothServerSocket could not accept connection
I/BtOppRfcommListener( 4350): stopping Accept Thread
E/BtOppRfcommListener( 4350): Error accept connection java.io.IOException: Operation Canceled
I/BtOppRfcommListener( 4350): BluetoothSocket listen thread finished
V/BluetoothEventManager( 2207): Received android.bluetooth.adapter.action.STATE_CHANGED
I/AudioHardwareMSM72XX( 1811): Routing audio to Speakerphone
D/DockEventReceiver( 2207): finishStartingService: stopping service
D/BluetoothPanProfileHandler( 1915): disconnect PAN(/org/bluez/4376/hci0/dev_00_26_08_C8_8C_9B)
D/BluetoothPanProfileHandler( 1915): Pan Device state : device: 00:26:08:C8:8C:9B State:2->3
D/BluetoothService( 1915): CONNECTION_STATE_CHANGE: 00:26:08:C8:8C:9B: 2 -> 3
E/BluetoothService.cpp( 1915): disconnectPanServerDeviceNative
V/BluetoothMasReceiver( 4350): BluetoothMasReceiver onReceive :android.bluetooth.adapter.action.STATE_CHANGED
E/BluetoothMasReceiver( 4350): BluetoothMasReceiver onReceive :android.bluetooth.adapter.action.STATE_CHANGED
D/BluetoothMasReceiver( 4350): Bluetooth STATE CHANGED to 13
V/BluetoothEventManager( 2207): Received android.bluetooth.pan.profile.action.CONNECTION_STATE_CHANGED
D/CachedBluetoothDevice( 2207): onProfileStateChanged: profile PAN newProfileState 3
D/Tethering( 1915): TetheredState.processMessage what=4
W/NetworkStats( 1915): dropping UID delta from unknown iface: iface=bnep0 uid=0 set=DEFAULT tag=0x0 rxBytes=1292 rxPackets=19 txBytes=2768 txPackets=15 operations=0
W/Netd    ( 1805): No subsystem found in netlink event
D/NetlinkEvent( 1805): Unexpected netlink message. type=0x11
W/NetworkStats( 1915): found non-monotonic values; saving to dropbox
D/BluetoothPanProfileHandler( 1915): Pan Device state : device: 00:26:08:C8:8C:9B State:3->0
D/BluetoothAdapterStateMachine( 1915): Switching process message: 52
D/BluetoothService( 1915): CONNECTION_STATE_CHANGE: 00:26:08:C8:8C:9B: 3 -> 0
V/BluetoothEventManager( 2207): Received android.bluetooth.pan.profile.action.CONNECTION_STATE_CHANGED
D/CachedBluetoothDevice( 2207): onProfileStateChanged: profile PAN newProfileState 0
D/CachedBluetoothDevice( 2207): Removing PanProfile from device after NAP disconnect
D/BluetoothEventLoop( 1915): Device property changed: 00:26:08:C8:8C:9B property: Connected value: false
D/BluetoothEventLoop( 1915): Property Changed: Pairable : false
D/BluetoothEventLoop( 1915): Property Changed: Powered : false
D/BluetoothAdapterStateMachine( 1915): Switching process message: 54
D/BluetoothAdapterStateMachine( 1915): Bluetooth state 13 -> 10
D/BluetoothAdapterStateMachine( 1915): HotOff process message: 102
E/BluetoothService.cpp( 1915): setBluetoothTetheringNative false
I/ActivityManager( 1915): No longer want com.googlecode.droidwall.free (pid 2637): hidden #16
V/BluetoothEventManager( 2207): Received android.bluetooth.adapter.action.STATE_CHANGED
D/BluetoothEventLoop( 1915): Property Changed: UUIDs : 9
D/DockEventReceiver( 2207): finishStartingService: stopping service
V/BluetoothMasReceiver( 4350): BluetoothMasReceiver onReceive :android.bluetooth.adapter.action.STATE_CHANGED
E/BluetoothMasReceiver( 4350): BluetoothMasReceiver onReceive :android.bluetooth.adapter.action.STATE_CHANGED
D/BluetoothMasReceiver( 4350): Bluetooth STATE CHANGED to 10
E/BluetoothMasService( 4350): Map Service onDestroy
E/BluetoothMasService( 4350): Map Service closeService
E/BluetoothMasService( 4350): Accept exception: java.io.IOException: Operation Canceled
E/BluetoothMasService( 4350): Accept exception: java.io.IOException: Operation Canceled
I/bluedroid( 1915): Stopping bluetoothd deamon
I/HeadsetService( 4617): Headset=false; Bluetooth=false
D/Tethering( 1915): Untethered bnep0
D/Tethering( 1915): sendTetherStateChangedBroadcast 0, 0, 0
D/Tethering( 1915): TetherModeAliveState.processMessage what=2
D/TetherController( 1805): Stopping tethering services
I/dnsmasq ( 4887): exiting on receipt of SIGTERM
D/TetherController( 1805): Tethering services stopped
D/TetherController( 1805): Setting IP forward enable = 0
D/Tethering( 1915): notifying tethered with iface =null
I/bluedroid( 1915): Stopping hciattach deamon
D/BluetoothAdapterStateMachine( 1915): Bluetooth state 10 -> 10

Reactions: tdm

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the double post, but this one was off topic from my Other post.

I got a logcat from a bluetooth crash!!!

tl;dr the System will crash and force a reboot when you turn bluetooth off, I was using bluetooth tethering at the time

Nice work, thanks! :)

Any chance you can pull /proc/last_kmsg and send it to me?

willmon22

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
How about putting a link for all the live wallpapers separate if you are going to remove them then? I am sure some people wouldn't mind having to download an extra link to get the live wallpapers if they want them.

Reactions: NoNameFace

jnow2

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
AOKP loves their swag...

I like the "side loaded" option. Those who want barebones have it while those who want more can easily add it.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
SprintTV doesn't work on LS670/beta1-pre3. Audio is fine but video is black. Is that likely due to the lack of a GPU driver, and therefore (like Netflix) unlikely to ever be fixed (unless maybe somebody makes a driver-wrapper)? The video quality of SprintTV is normally so crappy (worse than decent YouTube video) that I'd be somewhat surprised to hear that it uses hardware acceleration... though I guess the crappy video quality may be a result of Sprint intentionally throttling the quality to save 3G bandwidth.

Last edited:

RazzMaTazz

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
EDIT: I found a solution to the following problem, so feel free to skip reading, but I'll leave this up in case it helps anyone else. The solution to my Nandroid restore problems was to flash the "Debug-Format-ALLzip" found HERE before doing the restore. I had been wiping data & cache before doing installs & restores, but apparently that's not always good enough-- especially from Xonia CWM recovery.

Little help please? I was running Reborn ROM on ZVD baseband of Optimus S, perfectly stable, no problem for months. Then I did a clean install of Quattrimus (LS670 version) to test it. When I reverted to my Nandroid backup of Reborn ROM, it kept crashing within about a minute. So I wiped cache & data and reverted to an older Nandroid backup of Reborn, but it also kept crashing. Then did a clean install of Reborn from its zip file, but it kept crashing almost immediately. Then I accidentally booted Reborn without an SD card, and Reborn didn’t crash. So then I reinstalled a Nandroid backup of Quatrimus and it was stable (though my home key no longer works). I’m thinking Quattrimus did something to my SD card that made it incompatible with Reborn. Any suggestions? I really need a daily driver with speakerphone, Hotspot, etc.

I realize this may not be the perfect thread for my help request, so forgive me if this post is somewhat off-topic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.