ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Little help? I was running Reborn ROM on ZVD baseband of Optimus S, perfectly stable, no problem for months. Then I did a clean install of Quattrimus (LS670 version) to test it. When I reverted to my Nandroid backup of Reborn ROM, it kept crashing within about a minute. So I wiped cache & data and reverted to an older Nandroid backup of Reborn, but it also kept crashing. Then did a clean install of Reborn from its zip file, but it kept crashing almost immediately. Then I accidentally booted Reborn without an SD card, and Reborn didn?t crash. So then I reinstalled a Nandroid backup of Quatrimus and it was stable (though my home key no longer works). I?m thinking Quattrimus did something to my SD card that made it incompatible with Reborn. Any suggestions? I really need a daily driver with speakerphone, Hotspot, etc.

I realize this may not be the perfect thread for my help request, so forgive me if this post is somewhat off-topic.

.android_secure folder

Reactions: RazzMaTazz

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, that would be Launcher2.

Launcher2 is 7.1mb
NovaLauncher is 1.6mb

By comparison, Trebuchet in CM9 is 7.1mb

Hmm .. some live wallpapers also snuck in, I can remove those.

I can probably squeeze enough out to make sure that the small gapps has enough free space to install.

Take out what you need to, homie. We can all just put back what we like / need later on ourselves, and to be honest, if someone is using this ROM that can't do that, it isn't your problem. The work is appreciated. :)

No, and Qualcomm just posted a semi-official statement today saying that there will be no OMX drivers for ICS. So that means chances are slim that it'll ever get fixed. :(

This...is sort of depressing. Do I use YouTube and Netflix, etc... all the time on my phone? No, hardly at all, but I'm one of those that likes to have the option. To me, that's the point of having a smartphone. It's too bad.

Reactions: inceyet

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Take out what you need to, homie. We can all just put back what we like / need later on ourselves, and to be honest, if someone is using this ROM that can't do that, it isn't your problem. The work is appreciated. :)

This...is sort of depressing. Do I use YouTube and Netflix, etc... all the time on my phone? No, hardly at all, but I'm one of those that likes to have the option. To me, that's the point of having a smartphone. It's too bad.

Do not worry you can wrap the drivers around an newer linux kernel. A good example of a wrapper is NDISWrapper, it allows Linux to use WINDOWS drivers. Trust me, if devs can get drivers for other systems to run on another system, we can get old drivers to run on a new kernel. We just need time :)

Reactions: mlson and m3rkman

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Do not worry you can wrap the drivers around an newer linux kernel. A good example of a wrapper is NDISWrapper, it allows Linux to use WINDOWS drivers. Trust me, if devs can get drivers for other systems to run on another system, we can get old drivers to run on a new kernel. We just need time :)

Oh, I hope that didn't come off snarky or anything. I have total faith in the devs, it moreso came from I don't personally expect anyone to do that much work, spend that much of their spare time on it. I do hope they can get it working.

Also, I didn't think about NDISWrapper because...well, it never worked right for me, lol. Linux and I do not get along. But that's totally off topic. :p

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I hope that didn't come off snarky or anything. I have total faith in the devs, it moreso came from I don't personally expect anyone to do that much work, spend that much of their spare time on it. I do hope they can get it working.

Also, I didn't think about NDISWrapper because...well, it never worked right for me, lol. Linux and I do not get along. But that's totally off topic. :p

Oh I wasnt going at you, was just stating its possible. :)

EDIT: And its not to hard, there already existing Linux code for this stuff. All it needs is a port and its ready :)

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I noticed YouTube doesn't work (says many in the thread.) I TubeMate most of the time because the network is slow where I live. It converts YouTube into *.mp4 for later viewing. Do movie files work ok?

jnow2

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Pre3.....SMS/MMS work (send and rec), camcorder records (view with MX player). Wifi works but seems slower than previous builds. Installed Google Voice Search from market...it works on search but I lose mic on stock keyboard. Had to install another keyboard from market to regain that function. BTmedia audio works but lost phone in call audio (worked in pre2). When phone rings, get "unfortunately process android.com has stopped." Also, when turning off BT (both from notification widget or system settings) phone freezes for about 5-10 seconds then reboots. Lastly, reboot to recovery doesn't work....phone just reboots. Oh, Romkeeper states that it can't mount SD card to install the rom. Have seen posts stating problems with Romkeeper but no specifics. Maybe this message might help troubleshoot.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Edit: wifi connects but takes longer to load...in pre2 I had almost instant load, in pre3 I had a couple of "connection time out" msgs. Meant to say BT audio worked in pre2, lost it in pre3.

Last edited:
Reactions: tdm

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
AOKP loves their swag...

9.1M Jun 20 21:47 SwagPapers.apk

Overall AOKP is 18mb heavier than CM9.

That's 9mb there in SwagPapers. And Launcher2 is another 7mb. I'll trim another 1mb from the audio files. The rest is scattered.

Is everyone okay with this? Or should we kick some of these out? Maybe have a vote to kick out one of the launchers (Nova is still there, of course)?

Keep in mind anything not in the main ROM can be posted in an "extras" zip and sideloaded.

I agree that having to side load will most likely confuse some but if have that will make it more stable then I'm down lets just make sure we let the noobs know how to do that . Aside that I'm coo with this tdm :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Insidious611

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Forgive the newbie question, but for the LS670 (Optimus S) what baseband should we be on prior to flashing this ROM, or does it matter? I ask because all other ICS projects I've seen for the LS670 want ZVD or ZVH baseband, and I'm on a rooted, Xionia-recovery'd ZVJ and would rather not have to downgrade again (had to go to ZVH to root) prior to installing this ROM if at all possible.

Am probably going to wait until this heads out of Beta before I flash it anyway (Yes, I read big red disclaimers!) but this is the furthest along ICS for the Optimus S I've seen yet and I have big hopes for this one.

If my question was already answered, apologies. Was skimming the thread to see if it was, but didn't find anything.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Forgive the newbie question, but for the LS670 (Optimus S) what baseband should we be on prior to flashing this ROM, or does it matter? I ask because all other ICS projects I've seen for the LS670 want ZVD or ZVH baseband, and I'm on a rooted, Xionia-recovery'd ZVJ and would rather not have to downgrade again (had to go to ZVH to root) prior to installing this ROM if at all possible.

Am probably going to wait until this heads out of Beta before I flash it anyway (Yes, I read big red disclaimers!) but this is the furthest along ICS for the Optimus S I've seen yet and I have big hopes for this one.

If my question was already answered, apologies. Was skimming the thread to see if it was, but didn't find anything.

This might be a question better asked in the OS forums but I believe it was the same baseband required for Cold as Ice.

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
@tdm
I know this is a bit off topic, but seeing you upgraded to the lg marquee does that mean your planning on porting this over?
I've been holding off upgrading since the OV has ICS and not the marquee (which is funny since its a newer, faster phone)
Just curious is all...I'm in process of switching to boost. Finally got my wives evo working this morning on boost, that was a challenge :D

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I had white pages with Facebook only, I forced gpu rendering, rebooted, Facebook works like usual...slow as heck lol

nichobrooks

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Pre3.....SMS/MMS work (send and rec), camcorder records (view with MX player). Wifi works but seems slower than previous builds. Installed Google Voice Search from market...it works on search but I lose mic on stock keyboard. Had to install another keyboard from market to regain that function. BTmedia audio works but lost phone in call audio (worked in pre2). When phone rings, get "unfortunately process android.com has stopped." Also, when turning off BT (both from notification widget or system settings) phone freezes for about 5-10 seconds then reboots. Lastly, reboot to recovery doesn't work....phone just reboots. Oh, Romkeeper states that it can't mount SD card to install the rom. Have seen posts stating problems with Romkeeper but no specifics. Maybe this message might help troubleshoot.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Edit: wifi connects but takes longer to load...in pre2 I had almost instant load, in pre3 I had a couple of "connection time out" msgs. Meant to say BT audio worked in pre2, lost it in pre3.

I also noticed the bluetooth issue, when you turn it on, no problem, I also made some calls even with the voice dial from the BT earpiece, but when you turn it off, the phone freezes and reboots.

I also experience a lot of random reboots, without OC (overclocking), I have tried different governors, selecting "Allow purging of assets" the other kernel check box, etc, sometimes it would run with no problems for like 1hr, maybe a little more, the it reboots once and it's all downhill from there :'(

Any ideas or advice?:)

kidfcp

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Try the Friendcaster app, for those experiencing issues with Facebook app. Works a lot faster and more stable, at least in this rom. I think rendering should be checked anyway. Sorry to go a little off topic.

Last edited:

m3rkman

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
pre3 is awesome, only thing i've noticed is that 3g seems to be slow, could be where I am right now as I am away from home for the week, its interesting as I never noticed the battery slowly drain while pulling data over 3g, as I do have the latest 60687 prl for the Opti-S. i havent found anything as to whether the kernel allows OC, if so what are the primo settings for max perfomance/battery life?

And yes I sound like a noob, but I have been playing with customs roms and such since I got my first android the god-awful htc hero-s,made awesome with CM.

Thanks again to TDM, TheKraven, and all the devs who made this ICS wet dream possibile, since its fun ragging on all my friends that I have 4.0 before their beastly dualcore phones officially do :p

Reactions: tdm

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
EDIT: I found a solution to the following problem, so feel free to skip reading, but I'll leave this up in case it helps anyone else. The solution to my Nandroid restore problems was to flash the "Debug-Format-ALLzip" found HERE before doing the restore. I had been wiping data & cache before doing installs & restores, but apparently that's not always good enough-- especially from Xonia CWM recovery.

Little help please? I was running Reborn ROM on ZVD baseband of Optimus S, perfectly stable, no problem for months. Then I did a clean install of Quattrimus (LS670 version) to test it. When I reverted to my Nandroid backup of Reborn ROM, it kept crashing within about a minute. So I wiped cache & data and reverted to an older Nandroid backup of Reborn, but it also kept crashing. Then did a clean install of Reborn from its zip file, but it kept crashing almost immediately. Then I accidentally booted Reborn without an SD card, and Reborn didn?t crash. So then I reinstalled a Nandroid backup of Quatrimus and it was stable (though my home key no longer works). I?m thinking Quattrimus did something to my SD card that made it incompatible with Reborn. Any suggestions? I really need a daily driver with speakerphone, Hotspot, etc.

I realize this may not be the perfect thread for my help request, so forgive me if this post is somewhat off-topic.

The Cannibal Open Touch Recovery addressed the wipe issues and many other shortcomings of Xionia. Data reset will wipe the android secure directory. Drew has a version for OS and OV.

LG-LS670 w thekraven CAI / ICS alpha 15d linaro2 & Tapatalk2

Reactions: RazzMaTazz

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
He has a version for os and ov? I thought they were the same...I'm using cannibal, didn't know it fixes issues, I just like it, touch recovery and many UI colors :D

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
He has a version for os and ov? I thought they were the same...I'm using cannibal, didn't know it fixes issues, I just like it, touch recovery and many UI colors :D

He has versions for 3 phones! Lol :D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Sorry I'm not very familiar with LS670 basebands. Really all I know is that ZVH is gingerbread and all others are froyo.

So, since our kernel is based on the Sprint ZVH kernel drop, I would assume that ZVH would work best. Unless the RIL libraries are mismatched or something weird like that.

Which makes me curious why CAI is stated as being for ZVD... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan