ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Nope, not being sarcastic here

When he has time to resync with ICS and build it again and take out as many bugs as he possibly can...building takes forever....porting can take forever sometimes to work out all the bugs, imagine how long it takes for building.....and then testing before releasing compile build to make sure there are no errors....BobZhome is working on an ICS for the Optimus M, he has sent me links to what he's working on because he doesn't own an Optimus M, just a V. The main problem is still touchscreen. But it has data working and calling working.

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

When he has time to resync with ICS and build it again and take out as many bugs as he possibly can...building takes forever....porting can take forever sometimes to work out all the bugs, imagine how long it takes for building.....and then testing before releasing compile build to make sure there are no errors....BobZhome is working on an ICS for the Optimus M, he has sent me links to what he's working on because he doesn't own an Optimus M, just a V. The main problem is still touchscreen. But it has data working and calling working.

Well thats what im implying lol, its going to be another release and its gonna take time, I'm not expecting it to work on the first run, I work on my own programs and even tried to patch a security hole in the Linux kernel, I know how long R&D can take. All I was stating is that we are going to end up getting it. :p

Revenant Ghost

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Qualcomm will only spend resources developing an ICS driver if the cell phone makers and the cell service providers demand it. Qualcomm isn't likely to spend their precious resources so that a relatively small hacking community can run ICS on old chips which will likely never be designed into another Andorid phone.

A signed petition was already attempted at XDA and it got them nowhere. :(

cj_302

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
:( ONLY problem im haveing is the playstore wont open? and a reboot when i first flashed it but thats because i was trying out the "performance" section. but all in all LOVE IT!

wesleywarren

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
i've got zv5. interactivex. Getting constant reboots. From what I read from the 278 page thread my clock settings are effed up. Whats the consensus on what they need to be?

Thanks

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

The OM should be similar to the Vortex. It needs a proper RIL and a compatible kernel.

Looks like GingerKernel works, at least for the most part, so that's good. I just need to figure out the RIL and it should be good to go.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
The unicorn has landed. You know the drill.

This is based on the same device tree as cm9 beta1pre3. Everything related to hardware, tethering, etc. should work (and not work) the same.

I was able to keep the launchers and swagpapers but the system just barely fits with the small gapps. There's about 3mb left on /system. If that gives anyone heartache, I'll see what else can be trimmed out.

Note to VS660 users: sorry, didn't get a chance to fix the RIL yet. I'll PM you when I get something to test.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Also, I made some great progress on the romkeeper webui and server database.This is an absolute necessity for shared usage of romkeeper with other devs.

I'm hoping to use the webui to push the new manifests for the official quattrimus beta.

Special thanks to LeslieAnn for setting me up with a full LAMP stack on vmroms.com.

unknownsoldierx

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to disable a2sd and use Link2sd instead? I had to convert Gmail to a system app, as I was getting the blank email glitch, and now I'm getting the insufficient storage error when I try to download from market. I hate not being able to control where apps are installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital