ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluffioso

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
ok listen i need help which one is the best build or best for a person that want to try it this new ics build im new at this and have sumwhat what knowledge to do this i just need to know what build is best for a novice like me.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
True, but I prefer to do it manually because if my phone gets messed up its me who did it :p not an app. :)

G-T-R & Quattrimus CM9 Nuff' said.
(Also, sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2.)

Best response ever. I 100% agree though sometimes I take the easy route because I'm feeling lazy, and because I'm pretty confident in my ability to recover if amything screwy happens.

Back on topic, it's awesome that tdm is doung this. I'll definitely be flashing both CM9 amd AOKP today and give 'em a good test.

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
ok listen i need help which one is the best build or best for a person that want to try it this new ics build im new at this and have sumwhat what knowledge to do this i just need to know what build is best for a novice like me.
AOSP is the least complex of the three. CM9 has more to it, and AOKP is basically CM9 on steroids.

dja041687

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
@TDM Accessing any type of ringtone settings locks the phone up. It's not just the alarm clock settings. Aokp.bp1
And I am having the same issue with playstore not downloading apps. Dang just found out camera isn't working either.

Last edited:

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed AOKP and all I can say is WOW i cannot WAIT until this is stable.

Havent really kept up with this thread, just flashed over from CAI cm9 (LS670)

First boot took a LONG time. and honestly, i cannot STAND the boot animation, plus its not scaled correctly to our screens. I assume thats just because it was never supposed to RUN on our phones.

Second, cam/camcorder doesnt work. I also assume this is a known bug.

3G and WiFi worked awesome for me, but also no luck with downloading apps on Market.

Love Love LOVE the customization options available. once this becomes more in line with CM9...def switching

dja041687

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Ditto on AOKPs boot animation. Wish rom control had an option to select different boot anims. I don't consider myself a jerk either for not wanting a pink unicorn as my boot anim. :p It's pretty embarrassing when your phone fs up at work and your non android saavy boss sees a pink unicorn on your phone when it reboots on its own.

Reactions: robwalters72

fluffioso

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
ok i just flashed the cm9 mirror one and i could not view any videos am i doing sumthing wrong??? i wiped data davlik and cashe, and do i just put the file on the sd card...i noticed that sum ppl put it in a folder and it doest go right, and is the aosp the basic of the whole build and why are there 3 mirrors in each catagory? sorry if im asking too much its been a while, an i sure as hell am not gunna read close to 300 pages of forum i red up to 30 pages an no luck on how to choose which files to download....

eletendre84

#sarcasm
Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Ditto on AOKPs boot animation. Wish rom control had an option to select different boot anims. I don't consider myself a jerk either for not wanting a pink unicorn as my boot anim. :p It's pretty embarrassing when your phone fs up at work and your non android saavy boss sees a pink unicorn on your phone when it reboots on its own.

you can shut the boot animation off in rom control. also, i would ASSUME, if you placed any bootanimation.zip in the /system/media folder, that would be the boot animation. im just saying by default, im not a pink unicorn kinda guy.

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
you can shut the boot animation off in rom control. also, i would ASSUME, if you placed any bootanimation.zip in the /system/media folder, that would be the boot animation. im just saying by default, im not a pink unicorn kinda guy.

Fun fact: when you turn off the boot animation, it just renames the bootanimation.zip to bootanimation.unicorn.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Ryuk6666

dja041687

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Yes I know this, I was saying I'd be nice to have an option to select from multiple boot anims in the rom control. Instead of having to change the anim manually.

Thanks though :)

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Flashed aokp WORD!!! but here is what I found camera not working, apps didn't want to install and continuous reboots I had like 4 or 5 with-in like a half hour :( looking forwarded to a update had to get off at work need my music :cool: but to me aokp is the beast of them all and also on my baseband version said unknown? And that great pink unicorn the text doesn't fit the screen not like I'm complaining about that lol just reporting and I saw that we can replace that too so good looking out on that info with no disrespect to the team just not a pink unicorn Guy. TDM aokp is a monster bigger ups to you thekraven and all involved :D:thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Quattrimus is the name for tdm's ICS Optimus V build. AOKP is a variant of ICS.

Yea I figured that out, I was asking what the person before me was talking about, I just now realized I was on the next page....

I got astrofile manager to work with this AOKP ROM!, now you have to place this app
http://rapidshare.com/files/1303118014/ASTRO-File-Manager-v3.1.342.apk
in /system/app and it will be there after you install the ROM and boot. Install some apps from your SD card! GOGOGOGOGO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome