ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

inyourface09

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
You can make the folder wlan0; usually there is a script that disables the ipv6... Attached is one that I think might fix it, but I'm not promising anything.

install to the root of the SD card; use either adb shell or the shell on android

DO A NANDROID FIRST SO NOTHING WILL GO WRONG; YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Extract the file, and move disable_ipv6 to the root of the SD card then do as follows.

Code:
su
mkdir /proc/sys/net/ipva/conf/wlan0
mv /sdcard/disable_ipv6 /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/wlan0
chmod +x /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/wlan0/disable_ipv6

Also on a side note UNIX/Linux use forward slash"/"; Please use this.

I JUST WROTE THIS, I DID NOT TEST THIS, TEST AT YOUR WILL!!!!
Reboot the device and give it a shot :)

I just compared it to my IHO 2.3.7 rom and it turns out wlan0 and wl0.1 are created when you turn on the hotspot there not there by default. it turns out that there are alot of other files for settings and what not either containing a 1 or 0. in IHO it is disable_ipv6 has a zero in it. so why is it throwing an error in ICS? i also read that it is possibly a kernel issue.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
If its a kernal issue, try flashing a compatable kernal that is known to have working wifi hot spot.

I change my boot animation using Boot Animation Changer Pro (BAC PAID). I ported the CM9 boot animation to the AOKP build. (It looks better than the oversized team kang boot animation)

inyourface09

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
You can make the folder wlan0; usually there is a script that disables the ipv6... Attached is one that I think might fix it, but I'm not promising anything.

install to the root of the SD card; use either adb shell or the shell on android

DO A NANDROID FIRST SO NOTHING WILL GO WRONG; YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Extract the file, and move disable_ipv6 to the root of the SD card then do as follows.

Code:
su
mkdir /proc/sys/net/ipva/conf/wlan0
mv /sdcard/disable_ipv6 /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/wlan0
chmod +x /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/wlan0/disable_ipv6

Also on a side note UNIX/Linux use forward slash"/"; Please use this.

I JUST WROTE THIS, I DID NOT TEST THIS, TEST AT YOUR WILL!!!!
Reboot the device and give it a shot :)

ok i tried to mkdir but i get "mkdir failed for procsysnetipv6confwlan0, Read-only file system"
no matter what i do i tried to remount as rewrittable, and getting root does nothing... D:

Then when i try to mv file i get "mv /sdcard/disable_ipv6 /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/wlan0
failed on '/sdcard/disable_ipv6' - Cross-device link" lol fml

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
ok i tried to mkdir but i get "mkdir failed for procsysnetipv6confwlan0, Read-only file system"
no matter what i do i tried to remount as rewrittable, and getting root does nothing... D:

Then when i try to mv file i get "mv /sdcard/disable_ipv6 /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/wlan0
failed on '/sdcard/disable_ipv6' - Cross-device link" lol fml

Looks like its a little bit more complicated then I thought, I'll try a few things tonight and see if I can recalibrate it.

Either way we are making some progress.

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

inyourface09

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
There should be a way in general to disable it, its usually a script of some sort. Thats basically what I wrote

Code:
#!/bin/sh
exit

This basically tells the kernel to exit ipv6 calibration, I didnt test this but I will now; just flashed cm9 beta1pre3.

EDIT: Trying this now, will post with results!: xda-developers - View Single Post - [Rom] AOKP Build 6.22.2012 l Task650 & Ktoonsez Run a Train

still cant create wlan0 folder to save my life tried file manager with root permissions let me know what happens:cool:

etb

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
What if you edit the files in the rom zip and then flash it?

I dunno I'm a noob too

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Is SIP calling via Internet Calling feature in default Dialer working for anyone? (using cm9 b1p3)

EDIT: Works via sipdroid, but it doesn't work on native dialer.

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
@HurrrDurrDURP, you may be barking up the wrong tree. The /proc filesystem doesn't always work like a normal file system. Try entering the iwconfig (lists wireless network interfaces) command as root and see what comes up. On cm9, I get a list of entries; one of the lines in this list reads:
Code:
ip6tnl0   no wireless extensions.

So, on cm9, the ip6 network interface is called ip6tnl0. If there were wireless connections (or if I thought my phone was trying in vain to turn on ip6), I might be able to use ifconfig to do something like the following to disable it (make sure you're running as root!):

Code:
su -
ifconfig ip6tnl0 down

rebel69ization

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
So, has anyone else tried changing the bootanimation? I haven't had any luck on either a10 or b1p3.

On the root of phone go into system settings/ media, you'll see the bootanimation.zip delete or move that file and replace it with what you want then reboot. You can do this as many times as you want and IT WILL WORK.

sent from my icy cold optimus using inverted T.T.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm