ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

brgavino

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Found a kernel issue I believe, for VPN.

It's pretty much a rehash of Android 451.

In the kernel we're using, in if_pppolac.h (and if_ppox.h), PX_PROTO_OLAC is set to 2. If you look at the ICS source the VPN daemon references (mtpd, I think it's called), the kernel headers are setting PX_PROTO_OLAC to 3. When connect() is called, the length value for the struct for the olac is verified- as a opns. Needless to say, this fails.

I haven't had a chance to verify a fix, but it looks like the kernel needs to change to reference the right protocols in the ICS headers (because pptp isn't available, and should be!).

Should get one step closer to establishing VPN with that.

cj_302

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
OHKAY!!! i found that you have to reset the camera in Dev options and it works perfect!!! the other thing is i have had to uninstall this ROM because after two days of hard use it completely starts to BRAKE DOWN!! i love the ROM but couldnt handdle the constant DEV settings problem

Bloobs

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Joined today to get at this ROM, I just got my Vortex back to stock after deleting lghome.apk (learned a LOT). Booted into recovery, installed the .zip and rebooted, but just got and endless CM9 boot screen. Any thoughts? Thanks to all on these forums for everything, BTW.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Joined today to get at this ROM, I just got my Vortex back to stock after deleting lghome.apk (learned a LOT). Booted into recovery, installed the .zip and rebooted, but just got and endless CM9 boot screen. Any thoughts? Thanks to all on these forums for everything, BTW.

did you wipe and format before installing?...

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

In the kernel we're using, in if_pppolac.h (and if_ppox.h), PX_PROTO_OLAC is set to 2. If you look at the ICS source the VPN daemon references (mtpd, I think it's called), the kernel headers are setting PX_PROTO_OLAC to 3. When connect() is called, the length value for the struct for the olac is verified- as a opns. Needless to say, this fails.

I haven't had a chance to verify a fix, but it looks like the kernel needs to change to reference the right protocols in the ICS headers (because pptp isn't available, and should be!).

This might fix the WiFi tether, because the WiFi makes a VPN in the first place. So if you fix the glitch on the VPN, it might fix the WiFi.

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Barnacle? What's that?

an app that creates an adhoc wifi hotspot on your phone. in the settings check "skip wpa_supplicant"

will only work for devices that can connect to adhoc connections. kindve a reason why i added adhoc support on our phone, now if only i could do the same for my chinese tablet :p

irish-68

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, Link2SD does not work on any Quattrimus because it is built in. No app needed. One of the very cool things that tdm does for us.

As for the built in file explorer; I use Balancer Launcher, which has a file explorer built into it. Very nice launcher, and free.

Soooo... the million dollar question from this ICS noob is... how do I link the apps from my SD ext partition?

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Kraven alpha 11 is smoothing than this beta, why is that

Go away! If you have an unmentioned error for this rom, please report it. If you have some stupid jab at this rom, or want to praise another rom (at total disrespect to the dev of this rom) just go away! This thread is cluttered enough, we don't need jackass comments like this.... yes I have been drinking again, no I don't have a problem :D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: nitestalkr

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
It would work amazing but I need softap not wext(ad-hoc) BC I use the hotspots for my ps3 which is not compatible with ad-hoc lol sorry I'm selfish :p

you know if you have a laptop, that can connect to adhoc wifi. you can turn adhoc hotspot on on your phone, connect the laptop to the wifi connection, bridge the connection between your laptop's wifi adapter and ethernet adapter (should say local area connection),turn on internet connection sharing, then run an ethernet cable from your ps3 to your laptop.

did this with my xbox :cool:

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site

I'm recompiling with the changes to those two headers, and keeping my fingers cross and knocking on wood and all those other superstitious things. Also added this fix as well as according to the bug report you posted:

--- a/libc/kernel/common/linux/if_pppopns.h
+++ b/libc/kernel/common/linux/if_pppopns.h
@@ -15,7 +15,8 @@
#include <linux/socket.h>
#include <linux/types.h>

-#define PX_PROTO_OPNS 3
+/* was 3 */
+#define PX_PROTO_OPNS 4

i also changed this:
#define PX_MAX_PROTO 4
to
#define PX_MAX_PROTO 5
in if_pppox

--prays--

Last edited:

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
For one I quoted the wrong post
And two aren't you just reinforcing the cycle of stupid comments on this thread by say that lol. That is all

Sorry about that. I tend to be relatively good at keeping and even steering threads back on track, but my curiosity got the best of me on that one. Won't happen again.

Ignore this post...

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: sellers86
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz