ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed a build.prop typo. The OV is VM670, not LG-VM670. It's not a big deal, but you can't search for reviews from this device in the market since it doesn't recognize it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

kylemaguire

Resident Teen
Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm gonna attempt to port Paranoid Android. Anyone interested? ::)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I was confused why you would want to port a Radio head song...

I would love to see a hybrid rom! I wouldn't use it daily but I like some of the tablet features.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

jensonco

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
ATTENTION: So those of you who are using the CM9 LV670, Beta1Pre3, who are having trouble with the Android Market (i.e. invalid package file, etc.), as I was; I seem to have found a solution...but you are not going to like it. Seeing as how clearing the cache/dalvik cache didn't work, dirty flashing the ROM/Gaaps didn't work, and seeing as how Eris Market fix (plus several variants didn't work)...I stumbled upon another solution.

The solution is easy...but if you already installed a good chunk of your apps....you are not going to like this.

Boot into recovery and format your SD card (this is why you are going to hate this solution so back up your SD card) and then make a new partition (sd-ext) that is about or as close to 10% of your cards actual size. Format the phone (clear boot, system, data…etc.) Reflash your the ROM and Gaaps...and voila! You SHOULD be able to install all of your apps now. I tried this idea last night and was able to not only install all of my needed apps...but all of my games AND some extra apps that I downloaded and installed just to see if it works. Also...this method of flashing ICS will allow your Link2SD to work ( I read some previous statements saying people were having trouble with it...and so was I until this).

Any questions? PM me! I really hope this works for you as it worked for me and was not just some strange fluke on my phone that resulted in proper functioning.

Good luck guys! :D

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
ATTENTION: So those of you who are using the CM9 LV670, Beta1Pre3, who are having trouble with the Android Market (i.e. invalid package file, etc.), as I was; I seem to have found a solution...but you are not going to like it. Seeing as how clearing the cache/dalvik cache didn't work, dirty flashing the ROM/Gaaps didn't work, and seeing as how Eris Market fix (plus several variants didn't work)...I stumbled upon another solution.

The solution is easy...but if you already installed a good chunk of your apps....you are not going to like this.

Boot into recovery and format your SD card (this is why you are going to hate this solution so back up your SD card) and then make a new partition (sd-ext) that is about or as close to 10% of your cards actual size. Format the phone (clear boot, system, data?etc.) Reflash your the ROM and Gaaps...and voila! You SHOULD be able to install all of your apps now. I tried this idea last night and was able to not only install all of my needed apps...but all of my games AND some extra apps that I downloaded and installed just to see if it works. Also...this method of flashing ICS will allow your Link2SD to work ( I read some previous statements saying people were having trouble with it...and so was I until this).

Any questions? PM me! I really hope this works for you as it worked for me and was not just some strange fluke on my phone that resulted in proper functioning.

Good luck guys! :D

I've never had the market error. I had a 500mb ext4 partition set up months before we had cm9.

Edit: not being snotty- pointing out that what was said makes sense. I have not hat market errors because I had the fix in place right away. Sorry for the confusion. :)

Last edited:

BassOuji

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
One more problem. Nothing to big either but when an alarm goes off the phone will hard reboot. It locks up the phone sounds repeats and phone either resets after a minute of a noise and no input accepted. Or you have to pull the battery out. Also when playing music from either Appolo or WinAmp (I haven't tried any other players) there is a rare case that the phone will reset when going to lock screen.
EDIT: Vibrate randomly started working after a reset happened. And awesome work tdm! This is my daily driver now, keep up the awesome work!

jayleekay

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I put pre on my actual phone, not my test phone, and my Bluetooth works just fine for calls. Thank you tdm. That was the last thing keeping me from making the switch.

Sent from my LG-VM670

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
@tdm
I had noticed quite a while ago you had asked about someone making you a better boot animation and I'd like to give it a try since so far only I've been able to do well is graphics editing.
First, you said about 15 frames Max right? Obviously we don't want to make booting the phone any longer than it has to be. I couldn't believe it when I saw the cm one was 180 frames :what:
So I can test it, where is the location of your Q at? I've looked all over and can only find the cm one. Anyone can pm me if you don't want everyone knowing the actual location.

BassOuji

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
One more problem. Nothing to big either but when an alarm goes off the phone will hard reboot. It locks up the phone sounds repeats and phone either resets after a minute of a noise and no input accepted. Or you have to pull the battery out. Also when playing music from either Appolo or WinAmp (I haven't tried any other players) there is a rare case that the phone will reset when going to lock screen.
EDIT: Vibrate randomly started working after a reset happened. And awesome work tdm! This is my daily driver now, keep up the awesome work!

So I fixed the alarm issue, it seems that if your minimum CPU setting is under 480 it'll freeze up. So if you're having an issue with the alarm and resets push your min. CPU up to 480.
Question for everyone. What are your CPU settings? How much are you overclocking?

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
So I fixed the alarm issue, it seems that if your minimum CPU setting is under 480 it'll freeze up. So if you're having an issue with the alarm and resets push your min. CPU up to 480.
Question for everyone. What are your CPU settings? How much are you overclocking?

Min. 480
Max. 806
Battery life: excellent :D 5-6 hours with these settings.
Usage by me: texting, web+forum apps, phone
Talking on the phone drains it the most.
governor: interactivex, trying scary right now

Last edited:

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
@tdm
I had noticed quite a while ago you had asked about someone making you a better boot animation and I'd like to give it a try since so far only I've been able to do well is graphics editing.
First, you said about 15 frames Max right? Obviously we don't want to make booting the phone any longer than it has to be. I couldn't believe it when I saw the cm one was 180 frames :what:
So I can test it, where is the location of your Q at? I've looked all over and can only find the cm one. Anyone can pm me if you don't want everyone knowing the actual location.

The Q is in the kernel........aka boot.img good luck with that. :p

Reactions: cbucz24

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
@tdm

It's actually a bootlogo, plays before the boot animation. 8 to 12 frames. 320x480 8bit PNG files.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: cbucz24

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Hm...I have my settings on Interactive X, 122/787 and my alarm has worked fine.

johncalvin

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. I too am running InteractiveX, 122/806. I have a first-gen OV and I know I've run stable at 825 or 844 (maybe) under IHO-BACKside. I'm running rock-solid stable Quattrimus CM9 b1p3, with more-than-decent battery life and no reboots since the nightly, as long as I don't touch tethering or bluetooth. I've gotten 30+ hours when I wasn't using it a great deal, and even under usage it's doing okay.

One question, though. Is everyone else's uptime (like in system battery stats, or even Better Battery Monitor or CPU Spy) wildly inaccurate? I've been keeping track by when I switch batteries, not from the onboard monitors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01