ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruisette

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
No, you need to pick AOKP or CM9, AOKP is broken, so your only choice at the moment is CM9. Then you flash it, and then you flash GApps.
Just a curious question judging by your question.. you know how to flash right? If not, I guess I can help a fellow newbie.

It's been a while honestly. I do know how to flash and such, but I had sold my old V to a friend in need. So, I'm purchasing a new V tomorrow and I would really like to get the proper Recovery/ROM. Is this ROM pretty up to date and working well? (Such as the call function, texting, etc.) I used to use CM7 Backside. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
It's been a while honestly. I do know how to flash and such, but I had sold my old V to a friend in need. So, I'm purchasing a new V tomorrow and I would really like to get the proper Recovery/ROM. Is this ROM pretty up to date and working well? (Such as the call function, texting, etc.) I used to use CM7 Backside. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You may find that ICS is not quite stable enough for you, and CM9 isn't yet released as a final version, so there may be some features you like from GB that are not (yet) implemented. That said, I use Quattrimus CM9 b1p3 every day.

firecrotch666

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

The best recovery would be Drew Walton's Cannibal recovery. http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...en-touch-v1-2-latest-update-06-24-2012-a.html

This ROM is very updated, it gets updates regularly every two weeks or so. I've been here since alpha 6 and only once has it taken around a month for an update. Everything works, except for watching video in stock gallery. But stability, I'm not so sure, I switched to the MTriumph (very bad mistake), and I'm not using the V anymore much. So ask someone else about how stable this ROM is or isn't. I wish we had a dev like TDM in the Triumph realm so we could get camera working.
Anyways. This is a good ROM, but if you want completeness, i'd say CM7 is still your best option till this goes beta or final.

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

Read the OP.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Cruisette

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
You may find that ICS is not quite stable enough for you, and CM9 isn't yet released as a final version, so there may be some features you like from GB that are not (yet) implemented. That said, I use Quattrimus CM9 b1p3 every day.

The best recovery would be Drew Walton's Cannibal recovery. http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...en-touch-v1-2-latest-update-06-24-2012-a.html

This ROM is very updated, it gets updates regularly every two weeks or so. I've been here since alpha 6 and only once has it taken around a month for an update. Everything works, except for watching video in stock gallery. But stability, I'm not so sure, I switched to the MTriumph (very bad mistake), and I'm not using the V anymore much. So ask someone else about how stable this ROM is or isn't. I wish we had a dev like TDM in the Triumph realm so we could get camera working.
Anyways. This is a good ROM, but if you want completeness, i'd say CM7 is still your best option till this goes beta or final.

Good thoughts there. I'll have to keep a look out for CM9 to go to beta! (Soon I hope.) Thank you guys for the answers and help. I might give this a try to see how much I like it and if not, back to CM7.

brgavino

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Having some issues packaging a kernel into an update.zip- I've tried following the CyanogenMod wiki, and a couple other sites, but still no-go. Is there anything Optimus S/V specific I need to be aware of?

inyourface09

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
could I get a link to the building thread? still kind've new here. looked around but i'm pretty blind irl so that's probably why I can't find it lol.

also seeing that commit, i wonder if changing defined(FM_RADIO) to defined(HAVE_FM_RADIO) as it's called in audio_hw_hal.cpp would make it work correctly as it's intended to. :eek:

Am I understanding this right you could get FM radio to actually function :O

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Am I understanding this right you could get FM radio to actually function :O

No it's just a build config that never got disabled. I think the thunderg has a radio and blarf was hopeful that the thunderc had it also. But nobody has ever gotten it to work.

Reactions: tcrider84

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
No it's just a build config that never got disabled. I think the thunderg has a radio and blarf was hopeful that the thunderc had it also. But nobody has ever gotten it to work.

I'm pretty sure it's been proven to be disabled on the thunderc. Correct me if I'm wrong, however.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk 2

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's been proven to be disabled on the thunderc. Correct me if I'm wrong, however.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk 2

You're wrong. Here's your correction:

cm_device_lge_thunderc-common/BoardConfigCommon.mk:
Code:
# FM Radio
BOARD_FM_DEVICE := bcm4325
BOARD_HAVE_FM_RADIO := true
BOARD_GLOBAL_CFLAGS += -DHAVE_FM_RADIO

:p

Reactions: kcls

aaronmfisher86

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to confirm something, mainly b/c I just got a new stereo in my car. Bluetooth calling still isn't working right? In the OP it says everything's working but I can't get BT calling to work. Audio works but calling doesn't... Do I just need to learn how to use my new stereo or is BT Calling still a bug?

Awesome work though, this has gone from great to ridiculously awesome since I last hopped on the forums. I love how many forks of ICS have started on here!

inyourface09

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Its I'm the hardware its just not legal in the u.s. they have an app for it in Europe and its allowed there but not here for some reason

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Firing up the nightly builds on the new build machine. Check my goo.im account for results. File names include the date now. No deltas yet, I'm still working on romkeeper backend.

Not to be all demanding or anything, but I don't see any nightlies... Or are you talking about tomorrow night?

TauSigmaNova

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Phone went on the fray for a few hours ,endless boot/lg logo >.>
Eventually fixed it self, totally weird. o_O.
>CM9 Alpha 10 ;_;
Just thought id mention it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084