ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

benslgdroid

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Here's a taste of the themes I was talking about:
This is a dirty rough build but just a hint of what's to come for my cm9 themes now that I figure out the missing code and files for the bars and drop.

6399f636-9619-ebe6.jpg

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Oh :facepalm: :banghead:

Yea, I was talking about just the Q itself.
I unpacked everything. I took a look just out of curiosity to see how many frames the cm boot animation was I was surprised at how long it was.
I got 10 frames made, looks OK. Its just taking longer since I've never built anything before to figure out.
The boot.img has to be done within Linux as far as I can tell since windows breaks it, so I broke down an installed a vm.
But my next issue is how it runs. I've read conflicting articles about it. One states its within the ramdisk called initlogo.rle and its a static image?
I've found programs that will create a flashable single image, but I'm not sure how to assign multiple images to it as it doesn't run like a bootanimation does. Any pointers?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I was talking about just the Q itself.
I unpacked everything. I took a look just out of curiosity to see how many frames the cm boot animation was I was surprised at how long it was.
I got 10 frames made, looks OK. Its just taking longer since I've never built anything before to figure out.
The boot.img has to be done within Linux as far as I can tell since windows breaks it, so I broke down an installed a vm.
But my next issue is how it runs. I've read conflicting articles about it. One states its within the ramdisk called initlogo.rle and its a static image?
I've found programs that will create a flashable single image, but I'm not sure how to assign multiple images to it as it doesn't run like a bootanimation does. Any pointers?

/sbin/bootlogo does the boot logo. It uses a series of images in rle format. Different vendors use different file name formats and number of images. I'm using one from the p500 that takes 8. But it's trivial to write a custom bootlogo to take more. You should be able to find rle converters, use google.

Reactions: cbucz24

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site

inyourface09

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Firing up the nightly builds on the new build machine. Check my goo.im account for results. File names include the date now. No deltas yet, I'm still working on romkeeper backend.

Could you post a link please to your goo.I'm account thanks and you do deserve a vacation for all your hard work :)

Reactions: tdm

sammyycakes

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I have had my Optimus V and other Android devices for quite a while now, but I am just getting into rooting and flashing roms and have become addicted to it. So far this is the best rom I have flashed and it works perfectly. I've tried other roms but I keep going back to this one. I can't put my phone down now! Great job!

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
@tdm i noticed you recieved my pull request, but you need this also, you dont have a fork so im assuming you did it locally:

for this to work you need to make these changes in
system/external/kernel-headers/original/linux/

if_pppopns.h
https://github.com/Blackhive/androi...mmit/9f279f4073bc313dc377074da5751ba90bf829a9
if_pppolac.h
https://github.com/Blackhive/androi...mmit/47ca9fe8d5ef081deaf325042e2be3c423c39547

Uhmm, instead of changing both the kernel and the external headers package to match bionic, why don't we change bionic to match reality?

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Uhmm, instead of changing both the kernel and the external headers package to match bionic, why don't we change bionic to match reality?

whatever floats your boat ^.^ i already did it my way since it was the first way i knew how, but either way changes have to be made to the headers:p

zettageek

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Greetings,

First of all, I want to say THANKS to all of the people who put so much work into these roms. I flashed Quattrimus last night, it is awesome.

Video playback seems to be glitchy on my LG Optimus V (VM670). Sometimes it stutters and lags, which it didn't do in Gingerbread or Froyo.

Overall, excellent rom. Thank you for all do in the after-market community--can't wait for Jellybean! ;-)

Thanks,
ZettaGeek

[EDIT: Are any of ya'll on IRC or Jabber?]

Reactions: tdm

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I noticed on goo.im that there is a cm9 nightly that was released today. Mind explaining the fixes or changelog? If it's not too much trouble.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
whatever floats your boat ^.^ i already did it my way since it was the first way i knew how, but either way changes have to be made to the headers:p

Okay I see what's going on. GingerKernel is apparently old and doesn't have PX_PROTO_PPTP defined, which throws all the rest of the macros off by one. The "real" ICS kernel has it and so does Linus' upstream (for two years now!)

So I'm looking at external/kernel-headers in the build tree and, of course, it has the ICS headers. It appears that your changes against this repo are applied on the gingerbread branch, so they don't apply to cm9.

So I'm guessing that all should be fixed now. Please verify with the latest nightly (love saying that!)

Thanks!

Reactions: robwalters72

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
So if I download from goo.im (doesn't show up on RomKeeper), do I simply go into recovery and flash it on my already existing cm9 b1p3?

Yes, and it works fine. I have been running it for hours, playing with it to find what changed besides lock screen icon size.

Last edited:
Reactions: YoshinJaa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair