ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

benslgdroid

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm still using my tried and true blarfs iho recovery. Been using it for over a year and have not found a recovery that has more functionality than this does.

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
[snip]I am getting random crashes and restarts every hour or two. I'm trying to figure out when the restarts happen, and the best I can guess is that they happen when CPU usage is suddenly increased after having been low -- just a wild guess. So I put it on another CPU governor, and let's see if that fixes things.[/snip]

Try setting your OC to 480 min, 600 max, with your governor to SmartassV2; others may work fine, but this one seems to work for a lot of people who've posted in this thread. If that cuts down your restarts, you can try more adventurous with lower or higher settings. If your phone is anything like mine, though, it will be unhappy with anything else.

Reactions: xaphoo

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the LS670 too and keep getting "invalid md5 sum" when trying to download from goo.im
redownload... its all i can say if your downloading over 3g try wifi or viversa :p

I've occasionally had problems with goo.im not providing full downloads, and at least once because I had insufficient space on the drive I was saving to. Check the size of the download as well as the md5sum. When goo.im has failed on me, it's usually by 25MB or more.

Reactions: jnow2

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Oh tdm, I just remembered this, I don't remember why I didn't tell you sooner, but since you have a goo.im account, it's pretty cool.

At the end of my squisher (vendor/aokp/tools), I added this line

# upload to goo.im

scp -P $OUTFILE gannon5197@upload.goo.im:~/public_html/...

It's actually pretty cool, I have it set up for it to upload to my nightlies folder, instead of rsync'ing it over or using FileZilla. I need to find out how to make it do the password on it's own, but for now, if you miss your oppertunity to put in the password, just run the command

./vendor/aokp/tools/squisher

And it should work fine.

chuckconnors

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I've got a couple of quick questions. I'm coming from the latest Backside IHO CM7 rom and I'm using Link2SD.

I did a nandroid back up and a titanium backup of my apps, did a full wipe using Leslie's 'prepare-for-new-rom' script. It wipes everything but the sd and sd-ext partitions. I installed the CM9 flavor of this rom. After logging into my google account, I noticed that I had access to my wifi access points without having to reenter the credentials. I also saw that ICS started downloading the apps I previously had installed.

This is all cool with the exception that it was trying to install some apps that I had downloaded for my Nook running CM7. Is there a way to prevent this? Also, does anyone know how to clear programs from the play store? It seems like every app I've ever sampled is listed in the play store and I have no idea how to get rid of them as I've already removed them from either the Nook or my Optimus V.

Also, is CM9 installed these apps to my sd-ext partition that I was using with link2sd? Do I need to set up link2sd in CM9 or does the OS handle this itself?

Lastly, can I safely restore apps+data from my IHO CM7 titanium backup? I'm assuming that restoring any system settings/files would pose problems, right?

Sorry for all the questions... TIA

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I've got a couple of quick questions. I'm coming from the latest Backside IHO CM7 rom and I'm using Link2SD.

I did a nandroid back up and a titanium backup of my apps, did a full wipe using Leslie's 'prepare-for-new-rom' script. It wipes everything but the sd and sd-ext partitions. I installed the CM9 flavor of this rom. After logging into my google account, I noticed that I had access to my wifi access points without having to reenter the credentials. I also saw that ICS started downloading the apps I previously had installed.

This is all cool with the exception that it was trying to install some apps that I had downloaded for my Nook running CM7. Is there a way to prevent this? Also, does anyone know how to clear programs from the play store? It seems like every app I've ever sampled is listed in the play store and I have no idea how to get rid of them as I've already removed them from either the Nook or my Optimus V.

Also, is CM9 installed these apps to my sd-ext partition that I was using with link2sd? Do I need to set up link2sd in CM9 or does the OS handle this itself?

Lastly, can I safely restore apps+data from my IHO CM7 titanium backup? I'm assuming that restoring any system settings/files would pose problems, right?

Sorry for all the questions... TIA

First off, don't use link2sd. Tdm has a2sd scripts that manage your apps to your sd ext partition by itself. link2sd will clash with these scripts and cause instability issues. Second, I don't know about erasing those excess apps off your Google account but you can turn off automatic restore in the backup & reset section of settings if you don't want those excess apps being installed. And lastly, you can restore apps from TiBu but ONLY user apps. If you restore system apps it'll cause MAJOR instability issues and will clash with the system itself since its from a completely different version of android (2.3 v 4.0). Hope this helped :)

G-T-R & Quattrimus CM9 Nuff' said.
(Also, sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2.)

Reactions: chuckconnors

jayleekay

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I had installed link2sd on my tester phone and it wrecked it. Wouldn't boot without removing sdcard. So, don't use it haha.

Sent from my LG-VM670

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the nightlies are all setup and running smoothly. All you compulsive flashers can get your fix now.... :p

LS670 nightly 0628 flashes , boots, fixes speaker phone volume. Good stuff!

Kindle Fire w twa_priv ICS / CM9 linaro based on SG7 & Hashcode 3.0 kernel - Tapatalk 2

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
nightly 0628 is running real nice. No more low speakerphone problems. :)

G-T-R & Quattrimus CM9 Nuff' said.
(Also, sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2.)

Reactions: tdm

xaphoo

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
"Try setting your OC to 480 min, 600 max, with your governor to SmartassV2; others may work fine, but this one seems to work for a lot of people who've posted in this thread. If that cuts down your restarts, you can try more adventurous with lower or higher settings. If your phone is anything like mine, though, it will be unhappy with anything else."

I'm trying this now. How much does this hurt battery life? If it hurts it severely I'll just switch back to Harmonia 2.0 for the time being, which had been working fine for me...

inyourface09

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
"Try setting your OC to 480 min, 600 max, with your governor to SmartassV2; others may work fine, but this one seems to work for a lot of people who've posted in this thread. If that cuts down your restarts, you can try more adventurous with lower or higher settings. If your phone is anything like mine, though, it will be unhappy with anything else."

I'm trying this now. How much does this hurt battery life? If it hurts it severely I'll just switch back to Harmonia 2.0 for the time being, which had been working fine for me...

Once deep sleep starts working as it should we'll see a definitely an improvement

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Just glad nightlies are up and running.

Basically means that we have everything working(minimal), everything is mostly figured out, and set up for automated building. Which means more time for debugging, improving system side stuff, and working on side projects. This is a HUGE mile-stone and tdm did it!

Plus this means that we can get JB stable as well when the source is released, heck JB will probably be REALLY easy to get going.

Reactions: jnow2

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
A bug I found that others may have overlooked, if you unmount SD card, take it out and put it back in, the phone goes extremely unstable to where you have to pull battery. Running beta1pre3 CM9.

Sent from VM670 on MetroPCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci