ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Goo issue my boss and I were just talking about it (he was trying to download ics gapps)

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

acromack

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Good to see it's not just me with slow goo downloads. Estimated 2 hours left for 6/28 nightly at <10 kb/s.

Edit: Retried the download and it's fine. Nevermind.

Last edited:

xaphoo

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy to report that my crash issue was fixed thanks to the sage wisdom of dzdjzb, who recommended I set the CPU minimum to 480 and the governor to SmartassV2. I no longer experience any crashes and it runs smooth as silk. I've now flashed the latest nightly, and it still works well - so I'm going to try decreasing the minimum a little bit and see if the stability remains.

TNSmokey98

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Guys I know this has probably been brought up before but I downloaded aopk about a week ago and flashed it through cwm. I could not hardly get any 3g or the play store would not download. Is this a known issue and a fix for it?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Trying to download rom and gapps from goo.im but its telling me the download time for the 23.7mb gapps it will take an hour, and the 74.2mb rom will take over 2 houirs... I know it is not my internet because I am downloading others at the same time and its not taking long at all (not from goo.im).
I have a fios connection with 25mb down and 15mb up.
Do I have to donate or something to make download at normal speed?

No ..try stopping and retrying and do one at a time

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
With latest nightly 20120628, Play Store is having issues for me; namely downloading and installing updates/applications causes Play Store to crash, and when you open it again, it crashes again. Clearing cache and uninstalling updates both didn't work. Don't know if this has anything to do with me not reformatting /system before installing.

Edit: Plugged in USB cable to get a logcat, and now it's not crashing on trying to update... (This is with cleared cache and Play Store 3.5.16; the one from ICS Gapps 2012429)

Last edited:

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Guys I know this has probably been brought up before but I downloaded aopk about a week ago and flashed it through cwm. I could not hardly get any 3g or the play store would not download. Is this a known issue and a fix for it?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Known issue it is broken says so in OP.
Fix is wait till it is fixed.

Kindle Fire w Hashcode ICS ROM + 3.0 kernel & Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jnow2

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
1) Where do I find the system app/ how do I delete
2) Could you post a link to where it is in playstore?

I is a system app. You need adb, do you have a working sdk install? or TiBu. Search for search in play store. Some say it shows as incompatible.

Kindle Fire w Hashcode ICS ROM + 3.0 kernel & Tapatalk 2

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
grosskum: Delete /system/app/VoiceSearch.apk (you will need to remount /system as rw), then install Voice Search from the Play Store. One will say incompatible, the other one will be compatbile. Install the compatible one.

s13-d

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
1) Where do I find the system app/ how do I delete
2) Could you post a link to where it is in playstore?
You can do this by installing ES File Explorer, enabling its root capabilities and RW remount of / in the settings, then using its application manager to delete the system voice service. You can then install the one from the play store, though you might need to reboot before it'll work correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol