ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

yolodie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
jelly bean... And we still on ics beta, is Just and upgrade, i don't think can be hard to port

Its harder than you think, number one the hardware is a bit limiting, then drivers won't be written by qualcomm or so i heard maybe for this device and why worry ics is good enough for this little phone IMO and GREAT in my sons opinion!!

Quit the jelly bean!!!!

jnow2

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
With latest nightly 20120628, Play Store is having issues for me; namely downloading and installing updates/applications causes Play Store to crash, and when you open it again, it crashes again. Clearing cache and uninstalling updates both didn't work. Don't know if this has anything to do with me not reformatting /system before installing.

Edit: Plugged in USB cable to get a logcat, and now it's not crashing on trying to update... (This is with cleared cache and Play Store 3.5.16; the one from ICS Gapps 2012429)

Same problem with Google Play here after nightly....never had issues before, now all of a sudden I can't get anything updated without the "package file is invalid" msg. Cleared data/cache from download manager, play store, and google services framework (I read somewhere that the download manager and this version of Play are incompatible). Wiped cache and dalvick in recovery (several times). I had 6 apps to update today. Took several wipes/reboots.....still have to update Maps.

There's tons of complaints all over the internet about this issue and it seems that Google isn't paying much attention to the issue. Hopefully the CM team will find a download manager that will play nice with Play.

grosskum

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
You can do this by installing ES File Explorer, enabling its root capabilities and RW remount of / in the settings, then using its application manager to delete the system voice service. You can then install the one from the play store, though you might need to reboot before it'll work correctly.

I've done that but it is the GB voice search and not the ICS one, it works but I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can get the ICS one?

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
jelly bean... And we still on ics beta, is Just and upgrade, i don't think can be hard to port

Please direct your sentiments to the appropriate thread, as there are already some people expressing interest in making this happen. Quattrimus, however, is currently ICS only (and may always be).

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Same problem with Google Play here after nightly....never had issues before, now all of a sudden I can't get anything updated without the "package file is invalid" msg. Cleared data/cache from download manager, play store, and google services framework (I read somewhere that the download manager and this version of Play are incompatible). Wiped cache and dalvick in recovery (several times). I had 6 apps to update today. Took several wipes/reboots.....still have to update Maps.

There's tons of complaints all over the internet about this issue and it seems that Google isn't paying much attention to the issue. Hopefully the CM team will find a download manager that will play nice with Play.

It is the ROM changing the Android ID. I do not know why it changes, but Titanium Backup Pro will catch it when it happens and prevent if from happening! That alone is worth the license.

Titanium Backup for Android ? Official Site
* Change the device's Android ID, restore it from a backup or after a factory reset

Here is a screen shot of it on my Kindle. I have never had this happen on my Opti S or Kindle Fire since this feature was added to Titanium Backup Pro!

Reactions: jnow2

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Resolved my issue finally. Apps have been disappearing (notably BeWeather Pro, my favorite weather widget), but when I went to restore it I couldn't. First it complained that it would be replacing an existing app, then it just failed. Tried restoring some other stuff, still couldn't install anything. Tried to download the nightly, failed every time. Tried to copy it from my PC, copied the 27th but not the 28th, complained about a server error.
The fix: re-flashed gapps. Seems to be working fine now.
Thank goodness for that!

TGBlade

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I have not used this ROM since alpha 2. Damn if there hasn't been a hell of a lot of improvements. Good Stuff Tdm! Your doing a great job(but you know that already :) )

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
It is the ROM changing the Android ID. I do not know why it changes, but Titanium Backup Pro will catch it when it happens and prevent if from happening! That alone is worth the license.

* Change the device's Android ID, restore it from a backup or after a factory reset

Here is a screen shot of it on my Kindle. I have never had this happen on my Opti S or Kindle Fire since this feature was added to Titanium Backup Pro!

I hate to disagree but TB hasn't fixed the problem for me. The only way I've been able to fix it is uninstalling Play Store and re-flashing gapps...temporary fix, usually comes back...I can't seem to get TB to fix it the way you describe o_O

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I hate to disagree but TB hasn't fixed the problem for me. The only way I've been able to fix it is uninstalling Play Store and re-flashing gapps...temporary fix, usually comes back...I can't seem to get TB to fix it the way you describe o_O

Well, darn. It sure worked for me. Early testing of CAI then back to thekraven CM7, I had this always, and on my Kindle Fire. Drove. Me. Nuts! When this feature came into TiBU, I always keep the same Android ID, and have not had the problem since. Between CAI, Quattrimus, CM7. And playing / testing four different Kindle ROMS.

jnow2

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

I've got the Pro license but didn't get the message on your screenshot. It's weird, was able to update 4 out of 6, then had to do the wipe/reboot dance in order to update the 5th. The 6th update took at least 5 tries....would download, go through the installation process and THEN give me the "invalid package" stuff. I finally just uninstalled the whole app and downloaded the newest version from Play. Frustrating, but lesson learned!

jayleekay

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Only issues I've witnessed are: atbat 2012 app won't play live games but will play the sound with black video. Archived videos play just fine. Not the end of the world. Also the Bluetooth disable reboot. Everything else, so far, seems perfect.

Sent from my LG-VM670

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz