ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckconnors

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I spoke too soon. While I've gotten many of my apps installed (or restored using Titanium), I am having problems with some like:

Espier Launcher, QR Droid, Car Home, Swype Beta, Llama

I've tried installing some of these from the Play Store as well as from Titanium and I get an error on install 'Application not installed' or 'Invalid Package' when downloading from Play. Car Home shows up as incompatible with my phone from the PC side Play Store.

Is this normal behavior for this rom or am I doing something wrong?

I hate to tax you guys but can someone tell me if this is normal behavior for this rom? I'd like to switch over to ICS but I'd be pretty loss without some of these apps.

TGBlade

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Having an error in which Gmail would not work. I deleted the app to try and get a fresh install from the market having gotten that one from TI Backup and it will not download.

Any ideas?

jrella

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Making sure your phone isn't plugged in do the following:

1) Pull your battery
2) Put it back in
3) Press and hold the Volume Down and Home buttons
4) While holding the Volume Down and Home buttons, press and hold the Power button
5) Wait until the LG logo displays and then disappears
6) Discontinue holding any buttons and wait for the recovery screen to show

I have tried this before and tried again just now. The only thing that happens is that the LG logo displays, disappears, I release all buttons, and the screen just stays black. The display has power, but no messages or menus.

rcsrich

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

Sorry if this has already been asked, but has anyone had issues with videos taken with the camcorder not playing in the gallery? I alternately get a never-ending "loading" icon or a "this video can't be played" notification. DO I need to (can I?) tweak video format settings to make sure I record in a compatible format?

Thanks in advance...

dingermtb

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

Sorry if this has already been asked, but has anyone had issues with videos taken with the camcorder not playing in the gallery? I alternately get a never-ending "loading" icon or a "this video can't be played" notification. DO I need to (can I?) tweak video format settings to make sure I record in a compatible format?

Thanks in advance...

Use MX Player from the market

Sent from my ZombieICS-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: rcsrich

bhasden

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I have tried this before and tried again just now. The only thing that happens is that the LG logo displays, disappears, I release all buttons, and the screen just stays black. The display has power, but no messages or menus.

Maybe you need to flash a new recovery? From what you say, it sounds like you may have an incompatible recovery. I know many months back I read about certain older recoveries not being compatible with newer Optimus Vs that had a different display from the older ones.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I hate to tax you guys but can someone tell me if this is normal behavior for this rom? I'd like to switch over to ICS but I'd be pretty loss without some of these apps.

Some apps just are not ICS compatible. I found that with Car Home and some launchers. Not sure of the ones you list. It might be too early in development for you?

- via Kindle Fire w twa_priv ICS / CM9 linaro based on SG7 & Hashcode 3.0 kernel - Tapatalk 2

Reactions: chuckconnors

RidDleZ

May 24, 2012
Visit site

Incompatible recovery, as bhasden suggested. I had produced this problem by flashing CWM Recovery for the Optimus V on my Vortex. It would only show a black screen. A new recovery should fix this.

chuckconnors

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Some apps just are not ICS compatible. I found that with Car Home and some launchers. Not sure of the ones you list. It might be too early in development for you?

Thanks. That's what I needed to know. One last question, is it that these apps are not compatible with ICS or is it that they aren't compatible with this 'flavor' of ICS? Is it an incompatibility with the rom or just the os in general?

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. That's what I needed to know. One last question, is it that these apps are not compatible with ICS or is it that they aren't compatible with this 'flavor' of ICS? Is it an incompatibility with the rom or just the os in general?

Dunno. Email the app developers and ask. That is the only way to know.

- via Kindle Fire w twa_priv ICS / CM9 linaro based on SG7 & Hashcode 3.0 kernel - Tapatalk 2

jrella

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you need to flash a new recovery? From what you say, it sounds like you may have an incompatible recovery. I know many months back I read about certain older recoveries not being compatible with newer Optimus Vs that had a different display from the older ones.

I was able to use this link to DL a super cool utility that allowed me to view the recovery screen on my PC. From there I just restored a backup.

Thanks to all of you who provided tips.

dschlemmer318

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Does this rom work with zv9 update. Cm9 locks up before it even gets a chance fully boot. I was able to install this when I had zv5.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

RidDleZ

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I was able to use this link to DL a super cool utility that allowed me to view the recovery screen on my PC. From there I just restored a backup.

Thanks to all of you who provided tips.

Nice. Good to hear you got it fixed. I would still recommend flashing a proper recovery for your phone though :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007