ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon406695

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys! I checked back in on this rom and am seriously enjoying it! I'm curious about something though and have searched but came up with no answers.

Sometimes when I do things a red box outlines the screen, is that something that I'll have to live with or is there a fix?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
No there isn't.

Interestingly enough, if you do a search in this thread for "jelly" (intending to produce results with both "jellybean" and "jelly bean") there are only a handful (looks like 5 to me) of people who appear to be seriously asking about a Jelly Bean ETA. On the other hand, each of those posts has multiple responses that range from helpful, to threatening.

I didn't do an exact count on the responses, but it looks like the ratio is about 3:1 (3 people saying "It's a little early for JB yet." or "SHUT UP ABOUT JB ALREADY!!1!" for every "Why doesn't our phone have JB yet, it's been out for 4 hours already!!1!").

Point being really, chill out people. The ones asking for Jelly Bean seem to be people who, for the most part, don't fully understand what goes into ROM development. In my opinion, and take that for what it's worth, as members of this forum, it's our responsibility to educate each other, so that we all have a better understanding of how these phones work. When you threaten to report these posts, all your doing is taking up more irrelevant space in this thread, and, by the way, I'm fully aware that I'm doing the same. Not to mention the fact that the next person who asks about Jelly Bean will almost certainly not have taken the time to read far enough back in the thread to see your post about reporting them. That's just how these things work.

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys! I checked back in on this rom and am seriously enjoying it! I'm curious about something though and have searched but came up with no answers.

Sometimes when I do things a red box outlines the screen, is that something that I'll have to live with or is there a fix?

Check under the developer options in your settings...should be in there

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: anon406695

A928

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone new to this site so much good stuff!!! I have virgin mobile lg optimus v and as far as i know its stock.... but after reading all of this stuff for the ice cream sandwich roms and tethering i would love to do this to my phone yet i have no clue how to and was wondering if anyone would care to show me??? or explain it to me??
Austin

MechaFenix

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Wow. It feels as if Jellybean has become an instant swear word. even though it hasn't really been said much. I really enjoy this ROM. I want to thank all involved in its development. The battery life is better than the GB ROMs I have used and it seems to run as smoothly as the more polished ones too. Again, thank you.

Questions, should I flash the nightlies in order? Do I need to flash them all? Or, can I just flash the latest one? I have a feeling that I need to flash them all in order. I appreciate your time reading this. Thank you.:)

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow. It feels as if Jellybean has become an instant swear word. even though it hasn't really been said much. I really enjoy this ROM. I want to thank all involved in its development. The battery life is better than the GB ROMs I have used and it seems to run as smoothly as the more polished ones too. Again, thank you.

Questions, should I flash the nightlies in order? Do I need to flash them all? Or, can I just flash the latest one? I have a feeling that I need to flash them all in order. I appreciate your time reading this. Thank you.:)

No. You only need to flash the latest one. All changes from previous versions will be included in the current version. If you do a totally clean wipe/install, just flash the current nightly and gapps and you're all set.

Reactions: MechaFenix

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone new to this site so much good stuff!!! I have virgin mobile lg optimus v and as far as i know its stock.... but after reading all of this stuff for the ice cream sandwich roms and tethering i would love to do this to my phone yet i have no clue how to and was wondering if anyone would care to show me??? or explain it to me??
Austin

Read the following first:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...012-optimus-v-reference-guide-start-here.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...-how-simplified-root-recovery-custom-rom.html

And i'd suggest that you do not start with this ROM, use one of the IHO ROM's such as MiRaGe, BACKside, or Harmonia. You can perform a search for each ROM. Quattrimus is not for the faint of heart, there are still quite a few kinks that need to be worked out, it's barely entering early beta testing stages.

Follow the guides, and install one of the IHO ROMs, they are more stable, and are more user friendly. Not to mention, they are all really GREAT ROMs, with excellent enhancements.

After you have some understanding of what exactly it is that is going on here, then you can install Quattrimus. If you have any further questions, just ask, but read what I provided THOROUGHLY before asking.

Revenant Ghost

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Well, I just wanted to say that I've really enjoyed my time here on Quattrimus. But now, it's about time for me to move on. My LG Optimus V has gone dark, being wifi only now and I've "upgraded" to a Evo V 4G.

I'll come and visit here from time to time to see what's going on. Thank you tdm, the kraven and everyone in the community who helped to do the impossible: Put Ice Cream Sandwich on my Optimus V! :'(

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
is anyones YouTube choppy when you put on HQ mode? and is there an adobe flash player for this yet?

Read the OP. Always. :rolleyes:

Well, I just wanted to say that I've really enjoyed my time here on Quattrimus. But now, it's about time for me to move on. My LG Optimus V has gone dark, being wifi only now and I've "upgraded" to a Evo V 4G.

I'll come and visit here from time to time to see what's going on. Thank you tdm, the kraven and everyone in the community who helped to do the impossible: Put Ice Cream Sandwich on my Optimus V! :'(
It was never impossible. :p

And everyone here owes a thanks to BobZ too. He was first to get it booted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC