ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Whoo hoo! TDM is back, nightlies are happening, life is good!
Running the 0702 nightly, everything looks good right now. I am going to check out a few things just to be sure, will report if any problems arise.
Welcome back!

lesheifner

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Congratulations TDM! you have sussesfully fixed the RIL I have service and 3G on vs660! :D

I just tested, and we do indeed have service, but I need to try the newest nightly. I didn't have 3G or wireless. I used the nightly from 06.30.12 because I was dumb and forgot to add 07.02.12 to my sd card. Gonna try that one now. More to come.

PS, since I'm an idiot, do I only flash rilfix2.zip or do I flash the nightly first? Surely I do the nightly first, right?

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I just tested, and we do indeed have service, but I need to try the newest nightly. I didn't have 3G or wireless. I used the nightly from 06.30.12 because I was dumb and forgot to add 07.02.12 to my sd card. Gonna try that one now. More to come.

PS, since I'm an idiot, do I only flash rilfix2.zip or do I flash the nightly first? Surely I do the nightly first, right?

Just flash rilfix2.zip. The nightlies won't have the correct fix until tomorrow.

josh2903

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
My battery will not charge with this rom. I have tryed reflashing the rom and everything, but with no luck. I flashed this rom on a different phone using the exact same files and that charges perfectly fine. When the non-charging phone is turned off than plugged into the wall charger it will load the LG screen for about a minute and a half. It never goes into the battery charging screen. The phone than just turns itself on instead of charging.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
My battery will not charge with this rom. I have tryed reflashing the rom and everything, but with no luck. I flashed this rom on a different phone using the exact same files and that charges perfectly fine. When the non-charging phone is turned off than plugged into the wall charger it will load the LG screen for about a minute and a half. It never goes into the battery charging screen. The phone than just turns itself on instead of charging.

I don't know what causes this. It only seems to happen to a few folks, and I've never reproduced it. The only thing I can think of is maybe there's a small batch of VM670 phones with some funky hardware changes. But that's just a shot in the dark.

Maybe you can compare kernel dmesg output from the good phone and the bad phone?

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

What happens when you plug it into a computer?

josh2903

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
TDM -How do I compare the two kernel dmesg output?

Andrew Nelson-- When I plug the phone in the computer nothing at all happens. It does not sense anything is even plugged into the usb port.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Haha sorry that can't happen. Empty promises :/ so the final fix is
he clock seems to constantly close by itself. You probably already know that but I believe T's the final bug. Eta on the aokp or aosp?

That's usually a symptom of a dirty flash. Clear the data for the clock app and see if it goes away.

James7344

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

I just remembered, when I have not button backlights, it means I have no auto rotate. In CM7 it was fixed by flashing an over clock kernal. The kernel made my phone oc at about 2-3 notches lower than the cm7 kernel. Is there a way to get that rotation back?
And that button thing man... thats like hardcore stuff haha I have no clue what to make of it. any specific intructions or atleast direction you can send me in to get it going? and Im assuming itll work in terminal emulator right?

lesheifner

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Just flash rilfix2.zip. The nightlies won't have the correct fix until tomorrow.

Excellent. Everything is running great on the VS660, but I'm still not getting 3G. Wireless now works, but all the local WIFI's are locked. Any suggestions? I tried fooling around with every setting I could think of. Reflash? Wait a bit? Hold off on GAPPS?

I enabled all kinds of roaming, and now have 3G. Bad idea? Good idea?

Last edited:

James7344

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Excellent. Everything is running great on the VS660, but I'm still not getting 3G. Wireless now works, but all the local WIFI's are locked. Any suggestions? I tried fooling around with every setting I could think of. Reflash? Wait a bit? Hold off on GAPPS?

I enabled all kinds of roaming, and now have 3G. Bad idea? Good idea?

It never caused problems in cm7 but actually was the only way to get 3g so no its fine

henrikb

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Still having charging issues (=no charging) on my VM670. Tried with the latest night builds too. Which Android/Linux processes are handling the battery charging? Which processes (or events; how?) can I look for to make sure they're up and running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown