ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
As far as i know I'm not using a different kernel. I've never tried flashing a different kernel before. I bought a new memory card a few weeks ago and decided to do a fresh install of beta 3 whenever it was posted. In About phone, it says:

Kernel Version
2.6.35.7-tdm-gk-hkicscam-0.1+
tommy@icsbox #1
Tue Jun 19 15:22:19 CDT 2012

Ok, just asking bc we've seen that happen when using Hydrokernel on the V. I'm not sure what's causing it then, I'm sorry.

benslgdroid

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure this has been posted before but I couldn't find a similar post using Search this Thread. I was using Google Goggles and after a while my phone went to lock screen while in photo taking mode. I turned back on the screen and all the colors were really strange, like colorful TV static. Even after unlocking and returning to photo taking mode, the screen colors were still weird. Only after returning to the Android home screen did the colors go away. I tried taking a screen shot while the screen was messed up but in the screen shot everything appears normal, so I had to use my regular camera to take a picture of the screen.

A screen shot isn't really a shot of the screen it's a representation of what the system is outputting so if the issue is in the screens hardware when you take a screen shot it will show normal. So it is likely a hardware issue. Either going out or a driver hiccup which also wouldn't show in a screen shot. Try too reboot. If that doesn't work you might want to try a full wipe and flash.

vm_760

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the help earlier. Installed the rom and still in amazement. Can't wait to see it fully functional.

Main reason I run custom roms is for the tethering ability. Hope its on the "to do" list. Lol

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the tips guys... i use gimp..
i had no problems grabbing aokp and quatt from goo.im/tdm... (i only dl from comp.)

@tdm--- just got done playing wit aokp on test phone... its nice... real nice!... very quick and smooth... had trouble getting into rom control but got to it on the 5th reboot... 245min is too low... raised to 480 and no more reboots... this is beta (imo)... :)

Reactions: tdm

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
.. Guys. My 8GB SDHC Class 4 SD Card has just died. Please note that my phone is fine, and no coffee had breached the rubber. I was using Cannibal Recovery 1.1 for the partition. As I said it froze. Now.. Nothing. Anything I plug this card into just doesn't even notice. I've used adapters and HC compatable readers on computers here that I now worked before. And nothing. Could the recovery have fried my SD card? Is this possible??

Do you have a computer that runs Linux? You might be able to format the device from the command line. Would be something like this, if the device is mmcblk0 (which is fairly common, but not a given; check the ol' Googles for advice on discovering it with dmesg if it's not):
Code:
$ sudo su -
# mkfs.ext3 /dev/mmcblk0

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Can we get someone to lock this thread so there isn't any confusion and pointless posts, like this one?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

It be nice to have links to the new threads as the last post here. And ask the mods to delete all posts after your new links

Last edited:
K

kobequintana

I installed the cm9 beta 3 and I dixnt like it b cuz my phone kept.on rebooting and my hotspot wuldnt turn on

Sent from my LG-VM670

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2