06-12-2012 07:13 PM
502 1234 ...
tools
    UNBELIEVABLE yes MIUI for my optimus v . Have been waiting for this to come didn't think that we were getting it. just downloaded it but before i flash i really can't see if there are any bugs. i mean that anybody is reporting. Soooo is there and if so what are there? if any i hope not cause i know this is a alpha. OH YEA THANKS A LOT FOR THIS PORT GANNON
    Wrath did say theres 3g issues and phone fc's constantly, coupled by the obvious cm9 alpha problems like camera, YouTube, etc.
    02-25-2012 02:04 AM
    Oh n for the iscream kernel, which key numbers do i swap?
    02-25-2012 02:08 AM
    It could be my phone don't let me discourage anyone. Apparently I'm the only one who's been having these issues. Could be my recovery not wiping correctly or my phone.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-25-2012 02:15 AM
    I like the looks of the ROM but can't get data to work and when I toggle airplane mode it causes the phone force close constantly until the phone locks up. Its alpha so expect bugs. Good work
    02-25-2012 03:46 AM
    Alright, fixed themes.
    Simply get a root explorer for now and go into /data/system,
    Then create a folder and name it: theme
    Then all themes should work
    Be careful what you it on! I just put one on that was too big for my lock screen. :/ having to wipe something. Lol
    Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    In your device.mk file, add a PRODUCT_COPY_FILES line copying a default theme to the appropriate location. The build process will then automatically create the file tree for you.

Nice work!
    rukin5197 likes this.
    02-25-2012 04:11 AM
    MIUI is really nice and smooth.

I can't wait until the devs iron out the bugs and I'll never go back to CM based roms. The UI takes the best of worlds from the iPhone and android.
    02-25-2012 05:05 AM
    In your device.mk file, add a PRODUCT_COPY_FILES line copying a default theme to the appropriate location. The build process will then automatically create the file tree for you.

Nice work!
    Right now, all I'm doing is working from a zip file. Is there any way you could help me change up my environment a little so it builds this ROM..?
    There's only a few changes, and I know that the environment is a little scattered.
    02-25-2012 07:17 AM
    since this if for VD, can I test it? I don;t have patience to upgrade to VH now (almost 6am )
    will do that tomorrow, but can I flash it on S and check or is it a NO?
    02-25-2012 08:53 AM
    That should be fine. I'm not seeing any differences except of course the home and menu will be switched
    02-25-2012 09:24 AM
    since this if for VD, can I test it? I don;t have patience to upgrade to VH now (almost 6am )
    will do that tomorrow, but can I flash it on S and check or is it a NO?
    Definitely get tested for vd

02-25-2012 09:31 AM
    Does 3g work??
    02-25-2012 10:09 AM
    Does 3g work??
    I believe so, yes.
    02-25-2012 10:30 AM
    Over on xda, there is a big thread filled with MIUI lockscreen themes ported to mdpi. I'd post a link but I'm on my phone. On my deviantART (caseyls.deviantART.com) I have a nice lockscreen theme ported over to mdpi. Maybe we should start a MDPI requests thread in the general forum if this is going to become big. Great job once again Gannon!

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V
    02-25-2012 10:46 AM
    Yeah I've seen it before. Seen the theme too. Good job

For now guys, before you apply a theme, scroll down to the components and uncheck lockscreen. Simple fix.
    02-25-2012 10:53 AM
    Here's a good bootanimation. Matches the white and minimalist theme...

http://i41.tinypic.com/20ka9eo.gif

Here's download link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...6&d=1319909610

The bootanimation is INSIDE that file, so unzip it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-25-2012 11:22 AM
    looks promising...but too many fcs for my tastes
    02-25-2012 11:24 AM
    Alright guys. Going to try a totally different approach. Hopefully fixing some problems. Main problem seems to be spotty 3g (only a few people have reported this) and of course the phone fcs.

00_wrath_00 likes this.
    02-25-2012 11:32 AM
    It could be my phone don't let me discourage anyone. Apparently I'm the only one who's been having these issues. Could be my recovery not wiping correctly or my phone.

Actually, i can voucher to both of the bugs, the fcing of phone process happens everytime u hit airplane/flight mode, and 3g never worked for me at all, flashed back to iho for now, but i like the design he!!.alot better then quattrimus

02-25-2012 11:58 AM

Actually im having same exact problems, no 3g no matter how many times i toggle mobile data and i found out the phone fcing is caused from airplane mode being turned on....might already found out but my main concern was to reply back to u

02-25-2012 12:02 PM
    Right now, all I'm doing is working from a zip file. Is there any way you could help me change up my environment a little so it builds this ROM..?
    There's only a few changes, and I know that the environment is a little scattered.
    I have to train a new employee today, so it's going to be this evening before I can do anything. Check your PMs this evening (6-7 vegas time).
    02-25-2012 12:04 PM
    Actually im having same exact problems, no 3g no matter how many times i toggle mobile data and i found out the phone fcing is caused from airplane mode being turned on....might already found out but my main concern was to reply back to u

Thank you. Now I know its not only me that had that issue. I'll keep watching for a fix no rush. I did manage to put the phone apk from quattrimus in this. Didn't work no service but it did give ma a chance to go through the rom . Very responsive once the glitches get fixed.

02-25-2012 12:07 PM
    looks promising...but too many fcs for my tastes
    I also got unending FCs on the first boot, but I rebooted and only got 1. Smooth after that..

So...does 3G work? Having trouble finding the settings to turn it on...

EDIT: Try to do the "Turn on/off airplane mode and turning on/off 3G" causes unending "process com.android.phone" FCs.
    02-25-2012 12:07 PM
    I also got unending FCs on the first boot, but I rebooted and only got 1. Smooth after that..

So...does 3G work? Having trouble finding the settings to turn it on...

EDIT: Try to do the "Turn on/off airplane mode and turning on/off 3G" causes unending "process com.android.phone" FCs.
    Like I said before, just reboot should fix it.

This is alpha, and I'm working on the phone FCs. Just give it a little time
    02-25-2012 12:10 PM
    Like I said before, just reboot should fix it.

This is alpha, and I'm working on the phone FCs. Just give it a little time
    Understood,
    Take as much time as you need...

Also...don't see it on the OP, but trying to turn on WiFi just keeps saying enabling but never connects.
    02-25-2012 12:13 PM
    Understood,
    Take as much time as you need...

Also...don't see it on the OP, but trying to turn on WiFi just keeps saying enabling but never connects.
    I think I've heard problems about sliding compared to pushing, like if you try to slide it on, it won't work but if you push it, it does. Confusing, I know, lol

02-25-2012 12:31 PM
502 1234 ...