ARCHIVED: [ROM][4/05/12][4.0.3]MIUIv4 for OV! By Team A.P.P

Status
Not open for further replies.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA][4.0.3]MIUIv4 for OV!

Definitely a daily driver when you upload the new one... Oh man, never thought I'd see MIUI on our beloved little V. :'( She's grown so much.

I can't believe she's able to run this so smoothly!
She must be on steroids. We'll have to ground her :'(

jimlikesmayo

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

My girlfriend just broke up with me and I have to move into a new place on Thursday. I should be bumming out but at the moment this thread and this sudden influx of roms is keeping me sane. Thanks guys!

Reactions: pbailey212

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site

The FM radio hardware doesn't exist in the OV, only the OS.

I kinda figured, that s why I was wondering :p

I can't believe she's able to run this so smoothly!
She must be on steroids. We'll have to ground her :'(

Haha! Yeah, everyone said it wasn't possible. Well, WatskyHotsky said it wasn't possible :) I thought we would need beefier hardware for high end ROMs llike this. ICS was a miracle, and now you give us MIUI too? I just don't know what to do!

Also, if more people are going to be using this, a quick MIUI tip: I believe (Don't hold me accountable if this doesn't work) that if you apply a lockscreen theme that is too big for your phone (I.E. You apply any non-MDPI lockscreen theme) and you can't unlock it, if you repeatedly press the [Back] and [Volume+] button at the same time, your phone should unlock. Not sure if this applies to real deal MIUI lockscreens, but that's how it works on the MiLocker app. If someone is willing to test, maybe Gannon coud add it to the OP.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

where is this magical download link im not seeing i need to put it on the facebook page

Facebook page? I'd like to see! Lol and still trying to fix the phone FC. Remember, the thing you guys have been complaining about since alpha 1? ;)

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

dicve alpha 1 all i have is alpha 1 and i jusp[t put a thread up on the main modding fourm shoot me your email ill make you an admin seeing your a dev

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

did you like it?
once i make you admin you can post there too so people can know there is a rom update sct from fb

flagcitysteelers

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

OK- I posted issues with one phone I had & no one respond. I thought it might be something with the MIU alpha 2 or 3 roms... Apparently noone else has any issues. It would start & run for about 15 seconsds. It does work fine in another phone.. Also IHO Jerry script & stock work fine in this phone. I've tried xionia CWMA 1.2518.6 recovery as well as the standard VM670NH_recovery. I'd like to use this phone for testing, but I find it odd that it runs the other ROMs fine.. I've cleared cache, dalvik, formatted boot, system, data, cache, and sd-ext each time before flashing the alphas. Sometimes i see horizontal lines about 4 pixels thick random colors going horizontal at random points on the screen when it freezes. It also freezes during the files optimization part of the boot. I just find it odd that if this is a hardware issue that the other roms work but then again it appears noone else is having this issue. I bought this phone about a week ago & it's supposed to be nearing the 1 year mark from new. Any ideas? Has anyone had any issues like this with any of these roms? Perhaps there's some bad ram/ eprom what not that isn't used in the smaller roms? That's my only guess- but wanted to make sure noone else has this issue or I'm somehow missing something on this 2nd phone..

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I screwed myself a little guys, did a little more testing and accidentally screwed up the ROM. No worry though, I just have to retrace my steps :)

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

cant wait if its beta ill use it in waiting for cm9 to hit beta because i love stock ics look :p

also how can we fix the "roming idicatior off" where Virgin Mobile should be

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
cant wait if its beta ill use it in waiting for cm9 to hit beta because i love stock ics look :p

also how can we fix the "roming idicatior off" where Virgin Mobile should be

Download a hex editor, I believe its called HxH hex editor, Go into Framework, I forgot where to go, check all folders till you find eri.xml. You can find the carrier name in there. Change it to whatever you like. Ill pm you once I get on a computer for links and a better guide. :p

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

theexile1

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

i found a little bug but its no big deal it seems that the time zone is wrong becuase it not 3:44 (just got done freaking out lol) and the music apps album art isnt working ether it doesnt get the right bands

Status
Not open for further replies.