ARCHIVED: [ROM][4/05/12][4.0.3]MIUIv4 for OV! By Team A.P.P

Status
Not open for further replies.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
With the Aspire One, he'll want to run a dual boot setup, running a VM on that would be so-o slow. Unless the changes don't require building, in which case Win7 should be alright.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
With the Aspire One, he'll want to run a dual boot setup, running a VM on that would be so-o slow. Unless the changes don't require building, in which case Win7 should be alright.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

well where do i start im willing to start any time i will need lots of guidence and how to set it up on my little windows 7 starter

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA][4.0.3]MIUIv4 for OV!

I too would HIGHLY advise not using the Aspire 1 in virtual mode.

The fact that it has Windows Starter means it's an extremely low end system, on that will not be good for virtualization and long, high loads.

As for where to start, download Ubuntu 64bit. On the same page is a guide on using Linux from a usb stick or external drive. I would recommend using an external hard drive, not a usb stick, as you need more space than most sticks offer. Follow their directions.

P.S. Why is your dad using Windows 8 while leaving you with Starter Edition 7?

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I too would HIGHLY advise not using the Aspire 1 in virtual mode.

The fact that it has Windows Starter means it's an extremely low end system, on that will not be good for virtualization and long, high loads.

As for where to start, download Ubuntu 64bit. On the same page is a guide on using Linux from a usb stick or external drive. I would recommend using an external hard drive, not a usb stick, as you need more space than most sticks offer. Follow their directions.

P.S. Why is your dad using Windows 8 while leaving you with Starter Edition 7?

he doesnt like me doing things on it he already has ubuntu i will try to ask him once more but he will say no he wants to develop stuff like apps and i said hes crazy but if i can do it i know i can develop a rom

working on sense rom

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Alright. The phone FC lies in the frameworks.jar. It's ridiculous how easy it sounds. All I have to do is replace the cdma files in frameworks.jar with the ones from CM9. The dev that told me this said that he had the same problem with his CDMA miui port. Going to check it out now and see how it goes. :D

WOOT!

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

nice! along with tdm's update tonight, it looks like I may become flash happy again, and i'm not talking about the incident that got me arrested last year.

Static32

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

I constantly get the "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped" prompt. I've tried rebooting multiple times, but the problem persists.

Shade808

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

At first boot it seems as though I'm still being plagued by the constant phone FC's that I experienced when I first tested the ROM. After a reboot I'm still experiencing issues with force closing.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Well this is odd. I feared this would happen. Hold on while I try to fix it.
Sorry guys! I uploaded the wrong one! :(

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Some versions of cm9 don't like that cdmadispatch file.

If it does work though, you should be able to mod the build.prop and apn file and get mms working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles