ARCHIVED: [ROM][4/05/12][4.0.3]MIUIv4 for OV! By Team A.P.P

Status
Not open for further replies.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][BETA][4.0.3]MIUIv4 for OV! By Team A.P.P

Guessing its a bad Idea to flash this ROM with CWM Based Recovery?

by dont use clockworkmod, he meant dont use rom manager. EVER. its not completely compatible with the OV and has been known to semi-brick phones. it will most likely do a false flash which will leave you no recovery (correct me if im wrong). just dont use it.

notrankin

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

DON'T USE CLOCKWORKMOD!
Just boot into recovery manually.
Turn off phone and press (hold) home+volume down securely, and then hold down the power button.

Thanks for that part, I got into recovery. I flashed the Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip from Superuser and it still failed. The app was never installed and in terminal emulator it still says "su: not found."

Reactions: glarepate

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

I'm back!
I'm a dev who moved on to the T-Mobile Samsung Exhibit II 4G after I was tired of dealing with Virgin Mobile's horrible service. I haven't done anything on the Optimus V in 3 months. The phone had literally died because after being connected to a USB that didn't have enough voltage to charge the phone the battery would die and the minimal amount of power would start the phone again, then the battery died out again 20 seconds later. That went on in a looping cycle for about 8 hours overnight. At that point the battery refused to charge because instead of loading the charging screen the phone would boot into android because we couldn't get the charging animation working in CM7. But after force-charging the battery using a rumor touch I was able to resurrect the phone again. I figure as long as this phone still works why not help out here.

I helped with IHO CM7 back in like August/September/October and became inactive once the project was stable. Now that this phone has CM9, ICS, and MIUI that gives me another reason to help out. I no longer have service with VM but I can still help users, compile, and test.

I'm working on projects for other devices including the Exhibit II, Amazon Kindle Fire, and soon the T-Mobile SGS2 but I will try to help out here.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

I'm back!
I'm a dev who moved on to the T-Mobile Samsung Exhibit II 4G after I was tired of dealing with Virgin Mobile's horrible service. I haven't done anything on the Optimus V in 3 months. The phone had literally died because after being connected to a USB that didn't have enough voltage to charge the phone the battery would die and the minimal amount of power would start the phone again, then the battery died out again 20 seconds later. That went on in a looping cycle for about 8 hours overnight. At that point the battery refused to charge because instead of loading the charging screen the phone would boot into android because we couldn't get the charging animation working in CM7. But after force-charging the battery using a rumor touch I was able to resurrect the phone again. I figure as long as this phone still works why not help out here.

I helped with IHO CM7 back in like August/September/October and became inactive once the project was stable. Now that this phone has CM9, ICS, and MIUI that gives me another reason to help out. I no longer have service with VM but I can still help users, compile, and test.

I'm working on projects for other devices including the Exhibit II, Amazon Kindle Fire, and soon the T-Mobile SGS2 but I will try to help out here.

Well, with this project I'm having a problem with as soon as you make a phone call, the phone fcs. The call still goes through, but it still happens. Also, people can't recieve calls. I believe I missed a key component when porting but where that component is is what gets to me. I'll see if I can get a logcat soon.

BTW, hi! And thanks for trying to help!

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Well, with this project I'm having a problem with as soon as you make a phone call, the phone fcs. The call still goes through, but it still happens. Also, people can't recieve calls. I believe I missed a key component when porting but where that component is is what gets to me. I'll see if I can get a logcat soon.

BTW, hi! And thanks for trying to help!

Well Phone and Mobile Data are two things I can't really test on the device seeing as I don't have active service. It would help a lot to know what your building from. Are you using the PatchROM method or just merging apps and frameworks into an existing ICS AOSP ROM? According to MIUIAnderson from the MiCode PatchROM team, MIUI's official porting method doesn't work unless you have an OEM ICS stock ROM for the device. Apparently they stopped using AOSP builds in ICS because there were too many bugs. If you've figured out how to get the PatchROM working from a CM9 base I'd like to know because I'm building MIUI for the Exhibit II and my first few releases were laggy but okay despite a few issues with screen flickering and graphical glitches. Now when I try getting the ROM on my device to work it won't even show the boot animation. I think some hardware acceleration patches are to blame.

Here's my ROM thread in case you want to see the specs.

I was having issues with the phone on the Exhibit. But a MIUI update seems to have fixed the issue according to my tester. Send me your build steps and I should be able to suggest something.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Well Phone and Mobile Data are two things I can't really test on the device seeing as I don't have active service. It would help a lot to know what your building from. Are you using the PatchROM method or just merging apps and frameworks into an existing ICS AOSP ROM? According to MIUIAnderson from the MiCode PatchROM team, MIUI's official porting method doesn't work unless you have an OEM ICS stock ROM for the device. Apparently they stopped using AOSP builds in ICS because there were too many bugs. If you've figured out how to get the PatchROM working from a CM9 base I'd like to know because I'm building MIUI for the Exhibit II and my first few releases were laggy but okay despite a few issues with screen flickering and graphical glitches. Now when I try getting the ROM on my device to work it won't even show the boot animation. I think some hardware acceleration patches are to blame.

Here's my ROM thread in case you want to see the specs.

I was having issues with the phone on the Exhibit. But a MIUI update seems to have fixed the issue according to my tester. Send me your build steps and I should be able to suggest something.

Yeah I was using the framework ports and then suddenly it stopped booting when I tried updating to the newest alpha 7 by tdm. But you shouldn't need service to test whether it can place a phone call or not. It's just as soon as you press dial it fcs automatically.
I would like to build from their patchrom, but it's only for armv7 (which I'm sure I could surpass), and I'm not familiar with it.
If you have any ideas on how to build it from patchrom, I would like to know. I like building from source WAY better than porting frameworks.

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I was using the framework ports and then suddenly it stopped booting when I tried updating to the newest alpha 7 by tdm. But you shouldn't need service to test whether it can place a phone call or not. It's just as soon as you press dial it fcs automatically.
I would like to build from their patchrom, but it's only for armv7 (which I'm sure I could surpass), and I'm not familiar with it.
If you have any ideas on how to build it from patchrom, I would like to know. I like building from source WAY better than porting frameworks.

Thank you. Finally someone with the same issue. This rules out anything device specific from preventing the ROM from booting. A CM commit must be breaking MIUI then. It would be a good idea for us to look through gerrit, at review.cyanogenmod.com and see what change(s) may have broke the ROM so we can modify or roll them back to fix it. Also, the open source community might modify patchrom for armv6 eventually.

About the phone, where are you getting the system apps from?

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Thank you. Finally someone with the same issue. This rules out anything device specific from preventing the ROM from booting. A CM commit must be breaking MIUI then. It would be a good idea for us to look through gerrit, at review.cyanogenmod.com and see what change(s) may have broke the ROM so we can modify or roll them back to fix it. Also, the open source community might modify patchrom for armv6 eventually.

About the phone, where are you getting the system apps from?

I'm getting the system apps from the MIUI ROM that I'm porting. But I have tried putting in the ones from CM9 and it didn't go so well.

It would be a good idea to go through the gerrit to see all of them, but I have no idea which one would break it.
But my guess to narrow it down would be that it can't be from system/app or frameworks/base. Maybe vendor_cm?

Even more specific- alpha 6 was released on 2-23-2012. Alpha 7 on 3-12-2012

Last edited:

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Wow.

MIUI:

ro.build.version.release=4.0.3

CM9 after 03/29:

ro.build.version.release=4.0.4

4.0.3 ≠ 4.0.4

Therefore it will not work. It took me three days to figure that out. I feel stupid. It should work again when MIUI releases 4.0.4 builds.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Wow.

MIUI:

ro.build.version.release=4.0.3

CM9 after 03/29:

ro.build.version.release=4.0.4

4.0.3 ≠ 4.0.4

Therefore it will not work. It took me three days to figure that out. I feel stupid. It should work again when MIUI releases 4.0.4 builds.

Read my edit to the post above. I don't necessarily think that is the problem.

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Read my edit to the post above. I don't necessarily think that is the problem.

My working builds were made on 3/18, 3/24, 3/27. Then the ROM stopped working on either 3/28 or 3/29. That is after the release of the OV alpha7 from 3/12. Your ROM stopped working first and that leads me to believe that our issue may not be related since they broke from different commits. I'll download everything to update this phone and compile something from source and see what happens.

My only issue at this point is that I don't a dedicated SD card just for this phone. I had a 2GB card and I had to use someone's mytouch 3g until I got my exhibit and I accidentally left my SD card from the OV when I returned the mytouch. I'm working on getting it back. Until then I'm going to have to switch my 4GB card between the Exhibit and the OV.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

My working builds were made on 3/18, 3/24, 3/27. Then the ROM stopped working on either 3/28 or 3/29. That is after the release of the OV alpha7 from 3/12. Your ROM stopped working first and that leads me to believe that our issue may not be related since they broke from different commits. I'll download everything to update this phone and compile something from source and see what happens.

My only issue at this point is that I don't a dedicated SD card just for this phone. I had a 2GB card and I had to use someone's mytouch 3g until I got my exhibit and I accidentally left my SD card from the OV when I returned the mytouch. I'm working on getting it back. Until then I'm going to have to switch my 4GB card between the Exhibit and the OV.

You're building from source? Well if you don't mind I'd like to know how :)
Lol

notrankin

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

Went back to Quattrimmus for now, but I definitely like this ROM and will probably be back when more updates are done, very nice job so far :D

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

You're building from source? Well if you don't mind I'd like to know how :)
Lol

LOL. Not the MIUI part. The CM base. I never use PatchROM for anything. Only a small handful of devices have gotten it to work (like about four). The traditional method is what I use for MIUI. By the way, I was able to get my port for the Exhibit working by switching out the libandroid runtime file. Now instead of not booting at all its now stuck in a bootloop. logcat reports that media services keep crashing during boot, are you experiencing anything similar with your updates on the OV?

I added you on gtalk (from twitter).

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

LOL. Not the MIUI part. The CM base. I never use PatchROM for anything. Only a small handful of devices have gotten it to work (like about four). The traditional method is what I use for MIUI. By the way, I was able to get my port for the Exhibit working by switching out the libandroid runtime file. Now instead of not booting at all its now stuck in a bootloop. logcat reports that media services keep crashing during boot, are you experiencing anything similar with your updates on the OV?

I added you on gtalk (from twitter).

I just contacted you.

Lol good, it seems confusing to use the PatchROM version, but Team Cooper for the galaxy ace have done it (somehow?)

I'll try the runtime.so trick right now. Report back later.

Nico72

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site

wait so is this working or not? i wanna mizx it up a lil

It works, I just flashed it. The only problem is that it makes it seem like you don't have root. Busybox won't install because Super User is messed up, and Super User won't update because Busybox isn't installed.

Oh well, I can live without root till Friday when the new update comes out. Hopefully Super User gets fixed and Wifi gets improved! Oh and I noticed my button LED's stay on.

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Oh and I noticed my button LED's stay on.

Workarounds/Fixes
  • The LED lights never turn off, so go to Settings>Display>uncheck LED Notifications
  • Sometimes the screen goes into a sleep of death (doesn't wake up), so either battery pull or keep hitting the buttons until it turns on
  • Simply get a root explorer for now and go into /data/system,
    Then create a folder and name it: theme
    Be careful what you it on! Some will be too big!
  • If the phone gives you constant FCs, reboot. Then you should be greeted at your lockscreen with an FC, but that should be it

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Fixed phone FC while dialing. Now this ROM is perfectly stable.
I just gave myself a pat on the back. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.