• Shade808
  • Curiousnoob
The devs of our forums, for keeping the Optimus V alive and well! :D
  • JerryScript
  • LeslieAnn
  • assadullah
  • mrg666
  • blarf

Downloads will be in 2nd post, Screenshots in 3rd.

Have fun with the download!

Donations aren't expected, but are accepted. If you want to Donate to me, here you go. It would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=VFPFUAMNJK4K6

But, if you don't want to donate, the next best thing is hitting that thanks and like button. Just to show your appreciation :)

What doesn't work
  • MMS
  • Camera preview
  • I'm sure you guys will find the others :)

Workarounds/Fixes
  • The LED lights never turn off, so pull down the statusbar and turn the brightness to a minimum. It will turn off the screen but hit the power button a few times and it'll come back
  • Sometimes the screen goes into a sleep of death (doesn't wake up), so either battery pull or keep hitting the buttons until it turns on
  • Simply get a root explorer for now and go into /data/system,
    Then create a folder and name it: theme

Last edited:

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: MIUIv4 4.0.3 On the Optimus V!!

Download: http://androidportingprojects.wordpress.com/miuiv4/optimus-v/
md5: 8648bfd1481bdcda3bc25faf2b772a21

NO NEED FOR GAPPS

Changelog
Code:
04052012- Fixed phone Fc, updated to 2.3.23
Beta 2- Updated to MIUI 2.3.9, fixed themes not fitting our screens, having superuser issues
Beta 1- Updated to MIUI 2.2.24 (updating to newest later), fixed major problems like phone FC, testing new themes, testing Virgin Mobile in the statusbar
Alpha1-Initial Release

Install Instructions:
Boot into recovery
Wipe Data, Cache, DalvikI
Format Data, Boot, System, Cache
Reboot
Set up the device

NOTE: The first boot takes FOREVER! So does the Flash! So please don't think it's a bad file.

Last edited:

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA][4.0.3]MIUIv4 for OV!

when it starts up it constantly pops up process com.android phone has stopped and wont go away. other then that i cant verify anything else. could it be a bad flash? i read that it would do it at start up and then nothing. other then that im glad we have miui for our phones thanks for this.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

What works? what doesn't?
Check the OP. Made a nice list :)

Sweet dude, you got lockscreen.working!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
Yep! it was actually fixed in the second build I sent you.. Lol

*Tester D;

Ill donate after I get something straight. Just waiting for it. :p

Lol well all donations are more than appreciated. It goes in the "I have a phone bill foundation" ;)

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
So is this going to be sync'd to an miui repo, or is I built from cm9 and themed to replicate miui?

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

when it starts up it constantly pops up process com.android phone has stopped and wont go away. other then that i cant verify anything else. could it be a bad flash? i read that it would do it at start up and then nothing. other then that im glad we have miui for our phones thanks for this.

Crap. I was hoping that was fixed..
Hold on, I'm going to try and find a fix.

Reactions: 00_wrath_00

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Holy moly is that ever sexy! Heck, screw using this phone as a phone, I can deal with limited functionality for awhile!! Flashing soon :) I'm quite excited. Its been awhile since I've been excited for this phone, but activity had been insane lately! Last week I was seriously considering the Galaxy S on T-mobile prepaid, but now I wouldn't think of it! Our little V is still alive and kicking!

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.2'd, MIUI Themed Optimus V

Reactions: rukin5197

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

I just got that as well on my build. I rebooted and it gave me one at a lock screen and then no further ones. Sorry, temporary fix for now :/

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

i can wait for a fix im a patient person lol. had miui on my MT4G and loved it. ill keep checking back cause this will be a daily driver for me.

edit.... as long as i dont toggle airplane mode its fine. was use to doing the toggle on ics... but no 3g for net?

Last edited:

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
i can wait for a fix im a patient person lol. had miui on my MT4G and loved it. ill keep checking back cause this will be a daily driver for me.

edit.... as long as i dont toggle airplane mode its fine. was use to doing the toggle on ics... but no 3g for net?

I don't understand.. no 3g for net? I was told 3g didn't work for the web browser before but I thought it was their phone. Can anybody else confirm this?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.