ARCHIVED: [ROM][FASTEST iHO]ICSandwich2.3.7 [05|21|12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bashok

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][AOSP]ICSandwich2.3.7 [04|05|12]

Problems I've had so far:

In the test messaging app I clicked on the option to make the background black and when I wanted to return it back to normal, the background on the threads list was good but the text remained white.

Turns out the ICS Launcher still crashes but of course that's not the fault of this rom.

Every time I click on brightness in the setting, it crashes.

When I click 4g settings, it crashes.

Also the voice dialer button doesn't work (it never worked on the first one either) but that's easy to fix by using Button Remapper

USB mass storage never works for me on this and the first rom.

Since its Spring break for me and I quit my job I have time to fool around with this more but I'd rather wait for the second release of this rom, and if there are still problems, Then I'll just have to go back to the first one.

Last edited:

bashok

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

Kinda screwed up my play store and tried finding the gapps for 2.3.7 but I can't find it. I know the wiki site has all the gapps for each cynmod version but when i flash it it says that it is for 2.3.5 It works on my phone but i can't download any apps. It'll say Invalid package.

lilrob1213

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Hmm... I'm not sure why you are having that issue. I know when my phone tells me invalid package that means I don't have enough space or something, which I use link2sd and sometimes I have to mess with that. Try wiping cache of the market? I think? lol

bashok

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

No I tried every trick in the book. I experienced this a lot in his first ROM (which is what drove me to flash his latest one). I installed then all my apps until I got the insufficient space error and I fixed that and installed some more apps. Until I finally got the invalid error thing. But strangely When I uninstalled the ICS Launcher, the apps started to download and install again! Everything was smooth......until I stupidly messed around with it and it was gone. But I reflashed the gapps and i got the much older Android Market which will soon enough update itself to the Play store.

But if it starts giving me that error again, I might have to reflash the entire rom and keep the default launcher.

bashok

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

ugh I keep getting that error, Do you know which apk in the gapps zip is responsible for the google play store? Maybe I can just install that or erase everything in the zip besides the play store and flash that.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

No I tried every trick in the book. I experienced this a lot in his first ROM (which is what drove me to flash his latest one). I installed then all my apps until I got the insufficient space error and I fixed that and installed some more apps. Until I finally got the invalid error thing. But strangely When I uninstalled the ICS Launcher, the apps started to download and install again! Everything was smooth......until I stupidly messed around with it and it was gone. But I reflashed the gapps and i got the much older Android Market which will soon enough update itself to the Play store.

But if it starts giving me that error again, I might have to reflash the entire rom and keep the default launcher.

why did you flash gapps in the first place. they are included

lilrob1213

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Sorry, I wouldn't know lol but I hope you figure it out... I'm still a noob here lol I just found out how to even install an apk the other day lol

bashok

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

Another problem, when you try to text a person with multiple phone numbers, the text which indicates whether or not its mobile, office, etc is in white so you can't tell which number is which until you long press it which highlights the entire number.

Minor annoyances!.

bashok

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

Time to finish off the updated. Sorry about yesterday, I kinda feel into my own little world when I got home from work, but no work today so I shall finish the updated :p

Great!! (remember to put the email app of the first rom you made into the next one please!!!)

lilrob1213

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

This is going to seem really random and sorry for taking up space here on the forum, but what time zone does this forum go by?? Because I'm in the central time zone but the times never match up??

Last edited:

thaunknownartist

RAZR Developer
Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

This is going to seem really random and sorry for taking up space here on the forum, but what time zone does this forum go by?? Because I'm in the central time zone but the times never match up??

I'm part of Eastern Time Zone. Check in the forums preferences in your setting to change the timezone so that way the times match up with your zone.

Reactions: lilrob1213
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2