ARCHIVED: [ROM][FASTEST iHO]ICSandwich2.3.7 [05|21|12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaunknownartist

RAZR Developer
Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][AOSP]ICSandwich2.3.7 [04|05|12]

I'm using Google Music and haven't had any problems with it at all.

Really? I run all my ROMs for a week before I release and I seen that as I was listening to music and working out, after a few text messages my screen locks up and doesn't allow me to unlock the phone lol.

bashok

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

What do you guys want to see in this update, I don't want to release to back to back updates. So far this is what it's looking like.
  • Launcher Replaced
  • Settings Removed For Rescripting
  • Updated And Resync'd
  • Removed Google Music (FC's And Freezes)
  • Beats Added With DSP Improvement

If the launcher is the same one you put in v1, then can you please make it removable? Because that launcher always forced closed on me every time I unlocked my phone to do whatever I wanted to do.

If you remove Google Music, then we can always just download it from the play store? I personally never had any problems with it. I only use it to play music in the subway so I barely receive any texts during that time but even at the event that I do, It never crashed on me before.

Bug fixed mentioned throughout this post should be fixed too but I'll mention again the ones that I've encountered:

Under settings, when you click on brightness, it force closes.

When you try to enter a text message and you want to choose someone with multiple numbers, you can't see what type of number you're choose unless you hold it down because the text is in white, matching the background.

Certain apps when you type something, when the keyboard pops up, the app in the background disappears and shows the background (the background) you always see on your launcher) until you type something and it goes back.

I forgot the rest.

And sorry if this is annoying but....the email app PLEASE!!! lol

You're the best!! :):):):)

lilrob1213

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I was on this rom using Phoenix launcher and it was way slower than the original launcher not sure why just saying I like the idea of an ics launcher so idk lol

thaunknownartist

RAZR Developer
Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

Yeah well he also thought cm9 was always aokp

And this is when I start to stop updating my ROMs, when people like you not read what I wrote completely. I let it slide the first time, but now I will address it because you want to continue to bash with your lack of reading. I clearly stated that this was AOSP and that CM9 is AOKP, Not that CM9 was ONLY AOKP. It's not my fault that people lack the reading skills or knowledge to know that AOSP stands for Android Open Source Project meaning that it comes from Google itself and yes mine is a mix with iHO mods. AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project which is mostly CM9. If your going to troll go make a new thread so that why I can still be able to support the people that actually use my ROM and get constructive feedback and not just someone flaming and trolling my post. Thank You and Good Day :D

bashok

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

Another bug I just discovered that was always present on the stock rom that came with my phone is that after a certain period of being in a no service area, the phone is always in airplane mode (Although the icon never shows up on the status bar) and I always have to turn the service back on by long pressing the power button and turning it off.

It was a very annoying thing that happen on my stock rom and it never happened in v1 so I hope v3 will also be the same as v1 in term of this aspect.

DKGerbil2

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

And this is when I start to stop updating my ROMs, when people like you not read what I wrote completely. I let it slide the first time, but now I will address it because you want to continue to bash with your lack of reading. I clearly stated that this was AOSP and that CM9 is AOKP, Not that CM9 was ONLY AOKP. It's not my fault that people lack the reading skills or knowledge to know that AOSP stands for Android Open Source Project meaning that it comes from Google itself and yes mine is a mix with iHO mods. AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project which is mostly CM9. If your going to troll go make a new thread so that why I can still be able to support the people that actually use my ROM and get constructive feedback and not just someone flaming and trolling my post. Thank You and Good Day :D

One thing I've noticed about AndroidCentral vs XDA is the large number of idiots who can't type, can't read, and can't follow instructions. I don't know why these users are so rampant here. Perhaps XDA's terrible organization for the amount of information it contains scares people off. Either way, I implore you to ignore these morons, and go on posting as normal.

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
This may be a bug but not sure, but when you set up the lock pattern, it looks sorta like ics, but when its set, it looks like cm7. Is that a bug? Or what?

poweredge99

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for a great rom... I love it.. flashing it to my wifes OV as i type.. I get a 1 out of 3 fc's on random actions with in the whole settings menu. And I can live with it .. I also share the similar blank screen ( a few pages back) with keyboard open. I just hit "space bar" and it pulls open the screen to what I was going to type. it doesnt do it play store. Anyhow.. I hope this is seen as constructive feedback and not a bash. I absolutely love this and my wife does too. Thank you very much for how ever many countless hours went into this and cant wait for the update.

bashok

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for a great rom... I love it.. flashing it to my wifes OV as i type.. I get a 1 out of 3 fc's on random actions with in the whole settings menu. And I can live with it .. I also share the similar blank screen ( a few pages back) with keyboard open. I just hit "space bar" and it pulls open the screen to what I was going to type. it doesnt do it play store. Anyhow.. I hope this is seen as constructive feedback and not a bash. I absolutely love this and my wife does too. Thank you very much for how ever many countless hours went into this and cant wait for the update.

When you say "and not a bash"....You don't happen to be talking about me, right?..........nah you're probably not. O:)

poweredge99

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

:-! I was.. just couldnt find the "ok" on my keyboard... :D. I did have the same happenings as you though ...

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

This may be a bug but not sure, but when you set up the lock pattern, it looks sorta like ics, but when its set, it looks like cm7. Is that a bug? Or what?

I dont think its a bug. Correct me if Im wrong but it looks like he ported the settings apk from his evo, which would explain the 4g settings. that would probably cause this issue

Reactions: braxton355

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

One thing I've noticed about AndroidCentral vs XDA is the large number of idiots who can't type, can't read, and can't follow instructions. I don't know why these users are so rampant here.

That's very observant of you. Now do me a favor, and don't turn this forum into another XDA with your personal attacks.

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site

v3 just compiled with some issues, :eek: working on v4 right now then will release when I get a re-stable ROM lol

I read through this thread a little bit and I noticed how ignorant and trollish some of the people in here were, I just want to tell you to please ignore the trolls and keep up the good work, and that a lot of people appreciate your work and the time you spend developing this ROM for the OV :)

Your work and all the other dev's work are literally appreciated by the thousands.

Reactions: thaunknownartist

capedmadman

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site

Allow me to echo some of the others here and say thank you. Not just to you but all the other devs who put in the effort for the benefit of the rest of us. I am new to the android community but I have become hooked after rooting my phone. So much so that I eventually hope to give back to the community myself.

As for the ROM, I have to say it's pretty slick and quite responsive. I just finished getting it up and running and so far so good. I'm happy when anyone puts out a new ROM for me to try and this so far is one of my favorites. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.