ARCHIVED: [ROM][FASTEST iHO]ICSandwich2.3.7 [05|21|12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKGerbil2

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][AOSP]ICSandwich2.3.7 [04|20|12]

So may have found a bug or something, when I install an app then move it to my sdcard and restart my phone the app disappears from the list and my home screen but is still installed.

Sent from the bottom of the ocean.

In my case all of my linked apps (as in link2SD) disappeared and I was having problems mounting my ext-2 partition. The files were still there as tinkering with link2sd and rebooting a few times brought everything back.

DKGerbil2

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

I use it as my daily ROM.
Runs beautifully :)

Thinking of using a different kernel though. Which is preferred?

Ditto. Same situation. Great as a daily ROM but I'm curious if there's a better kernel. Not that I have any complaints about the particular one being used.

epicb0dyc0unt

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

Actually, I tried tvalls ROM and am clocking 480-747

It seems to be running better. I am gonna game real quick and see what happens.

[QUICK EDIT]
After a quick speed test I just finally clocked 5mbps on my wifi (I have a 40 down 7up on my internet connection)
Prior to flashing the kernel I could only pull around 2-2.5mbps.
Little bit faster on my 3g (the 3g in my area is crap but I am now pulling 0.22mbps(220 kbps) down and around the same up.
Just sayin'. I don't really know if the two are connected. But they are suddenly faster.

thaunknownartist

RAZR Developer
Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

Actually, I tried tvalls ROM and am clocking 480-747

It seems to be running better. I am gonna game real quick and see what happens.

[QUICK EDIT]
After a quick speed test I just finally clocked 5mbps on my wifi (I have a 40 down 7up on my internet connection)
Prior to flashing the kernel I could only pull around 2-2.5mbps.
Little bit faster on my 3g (the 3g in my area is crap but I am now pulling 0.22mbps(220 kbps) down and around the same up.
Just sayin'. I don't really know if the two are connected. But they are suddenly faster.

Wait till you see what I've done with v4 :D

Reactions: epicb0dyc0unt

mknollman123

Frugal Nerd Tinkerer
Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
So may have found a bug or something, when I install an app then move it to my sdcard and restart my phone the app disappears from the list and my home screen but is still installed.

Sent from the bottom of the ocean.

I had this issue too. Only fix for me was a new launcher
I went with Adw and the ics theme. All other theming still works on the device - just chnaged launcher and apptray. Loved Phoenix but need all my apps to work. Hope this is fixed in v4. Thanks 4 all the hard work.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

thaunknownartist

RAZR Developer
Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

No offence but I think u should work a little more on the actual ICS (Quattrimus). Don't take me wrong. This is the BEST gb rom I've used but ics is already out there. ':)

I'm only working on the camera for that project :p and I already found the files I needed for it just need to fix the kernel related issues that are still involved ^o^

Reactions: KeviiinS

wuzdat

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

I'm new to these forums, but I have had my Optimus V for about 6 months now. I have been reading about Flashing ROMs, using Themes, etc. ever since I got this phone. I'm really interested in Customizing my phone & making it a little faster. I've tried to find the answer to my question before having to post it in a forum, as I didn't want to post a repeat question that has been answered already. But I have not been able to find the answer anywhere. So here it is..... If I download your ROM, which I like the layout very much, nice work, but if I FLASH it to my phone, once I reboot, does this WIPE all of my Calling/Texting capabilities? I have successfully flashed a Recovery & rebooted into it fine & made a full backup of my Stock ROM. I just have not been able to find out if "Flashing ROMs" erases, or wipes, all of my "Virgin Mobile" calling info, & erase my actual "phone" capabilities? and/or does Flashing ROMs just replace my look & feel of the phone only, like the "theme" portion of the phone? Thank you all in advance for your time in helping me with these questions. I'm sure I will be around the forums quite a bit from now on.

KeviiinS

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to these forums, but I have had my Optimus V for about 6 months now. I have been reading about Flashing ROMs, using Themes, etc. ever since I got this phone. I'm really interested in Customizing my phone & making it a little faster. I've tried to find the answer to my question before having to post it in a forum, as I didn't want to post a repeat question that has been answered already. But I have not been able to find the answer anywhere. So here it is..... If I download your ROM, which I like the layout very much, nice work, but if I FLASH it to my phone, once I reboot, does this WIPE all of my Calling/Texting capabilities? I have successfully flashed a Recovery & rebooted into it fine & made a full backup of my Stock ROM. I just have not been able to find out if "Flashing ROMs" erases, or wipes, all of my "Virgin Mobile" calling info, & erase my actual "phone" capabilities? and/or does Flashing ROMs just replace my look & feel of the phone only, like the "theme" portion of the phone? Thank you all in advance for your time in helping me with these questions. I'm sure I will be around the forums quite a bit from now on.

Just to start, root your phone. Download gingerbreak.apk from somewhere and follow instructions .. thats the easy part ;)

Reactions: thaunknownartist

wuzdat

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

Thank you for the quik response, but Yes, i did root it with Gingerbreak, and then flashed a recovery and verified that it worked. So I was able to backup the current, Stock rom & settings. Now thats why i'm at this point where I need those questions answered so I fully understand before attempting a ROM.

thaunknownartist

RAZR Developer
Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

Thank you for the quik response, but Yes, i did root it with Gingerbreak, and then flashed a recovery and verified that it worked. So I was able to backup the current, Stock rom & settings. Now thats why i'm at this point where I need those questions answered so I fully understand before attempting a ROM.

Please use the sites search feature next time before asking questions :p

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...012-optimus-v-reference-guide-start-here.html

wuzdat

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

I guess my 1st post wasnt clear. I'm sorry for having to ask these questions, but over the past few months I HAVE READ that entire "[GUIDE] 2012 Optimus V Reference Guide (Start here!)", a few times to try to find the answer to my questions. But have had no luck in finding the answers in these forums or other forums I have read through. Reading all of this is what I did 1st, but I just don't understand this stuff enough & the answers were there & i just can't seem to find them or understand them. So thats why, as a last resort, finally just posted my questions hoping someone could take a minute & answer them clearly for me. I don't need any "in-depth" detailed explanations, just a simple Yes or No to each question would push me in the right direction. But I can try somewhere else if needed. I just finally ran across your updated ROM & decided this is the one I would like to use/try.

epicb0dyc0unt

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

I just had my first burp with this ROM.
I was typing on a message and I got a text message simultaneously and it stuck in vibrate and froze up and then force rebooted and wouldn't read my sd card. That was the first burp I have had. :O

[edit] it's now not preparing my sd card on boot.. uhhh what do I do?

[PANIC EDIT] OKAY MY PHONE CAN'T READ MY SD CARD... WHAT DO I DO. IT'S NOT MOUNTING THE CARD.

[calm -i feel like a dumba** edit] okay.... my card read after a couple of reboots.

Last edited:

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I just had my first burp with this ROM.
I was typing on a message and I got a text message simultaneously and it stuck in vibrate and froze up and then force rebooted and wouldn't read my sd card. That was the first burp I have had. :O

[edit] it's now not preparing my sd card on boot.. uhhh what do I do?

[PANIC EDIT] OKAY MY PHONE CAN'T READ MY SD CARD... WHAT DO I DO. IT'S NOT MOUNTING THE CARD.

Manually Pull it out and reinsert it. That usually works. If not, just reboot I'm sure it will go away.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34