ARCHIVED: [ROM][FASTEST iHO]ICSandwich2.3.7 [05|21|12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Launcher will be replaced today when I get back from work, this is why I started v5 so fast. I see you guys are liking the kernel so time to finish my last few scripts. Leave some suggestions to what launcher should be used and I will change it, I'm always thinking about retheming the WHOLE ROM from scratch. Honey is on it's final theming stages, I had to push it back for good reason :D

You should theme launcher2 with ics dock icons <--- my suggestion;)

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][AOKP]ICSandwich2.3.7 [05|07|12]

Instead of wiping just once you full wipe three times. Basically it helps ensure there is nothing residual left from previous flashes or the stock rom
Be careful when you do your wipes. Don't accidentally wipe your SD card.!
just ya know...tapatalkin' from my OpV
Another thing you can do to avoid that is remove the sdcard before wiping. After accidentally formatting the sdcard I started to do this.

Reactions: thaunknownartist

KaseyRClark

May 8, 2012
Visit site

I flashed this and still I boot directly into cwm. I could really use some help. Please walk me through this. I used ROM Manager to flash cwm (wrong one, of course) I finally found the proper recovery and can see my Inferior Human Organs recovery now. I need to know if this ROM will work (which so far it has not) and / or WHAT ROM I need to install in order for my phone to work again. PLEASE HELP!!:(

thaunknownartist

RAZR Developer
Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

I flashed this and still I boot directly into cwm. I could really use some help. Please walk me through this. I used ROM Manager to flash cwm (wrong one, of course) I finally found the proper recovery and can see my Inferior Human Organs recovery now. I need to know if this ROM will work (which so far it has not) and / or WHAT ROM I need to install in order for my phone to work again. PLEASE HELP!!:(

Make sure you have CWRecovery 4 or CWRT installed via flash, then you boot into recovery and wipe data/cache, and davilk (I can't spell right now) and then flash ROM over, reboot and enjoy.

Reactions: KaseyRClark

AwildKiwi

May 7, 2012
Visit site

Hey there artist. I love this rom! I appreciate all your hard work. I just put a custom rom on it yesterday and have loved it ever since. I ran into a problem though and wondered if you could help. I ran titanium backup and backed up all my apps. I wiped everything to make sure it was clean and loaded the rom. Everything loaded right. I then restored my apps with titanium and it redownloaded all of them but they are not showing up on the menus. They are there and when I go to manage apps I can see them and open them but any other time they do not show up in the menus. Is there a way to fix this?

KaseyRClark

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Ok, so I have done that several times now still with no luck. I have tried Harmonia, the IHO, and any others I can find. Still same problem. Each time it reboots directly back to IHO Recovery. I have the screen app (idk the name), where I can see my phone screen on my desktop so I could record my steps in realtime if it would help and then send them to whomever or post to youtube and then post the link. I really need to sort this out if possible. Thanks ahead of time.

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Jasey its really not that hard. The reason none of your installations work is because of either of two. 1 you messed up your phone by not rooting properly ...and perhaps you installed an older iho custom recovery (wont play nice on newer optimi).... or 2 you're not following instructions at all.

Give us more detail of what you're doing. What you did to your phone before it "broke " . Did you just buy it? Did you install any updates from VM? Radio update?

Last edited:
Reactions: KaseyRClark

KaseyRClark

May 8, 2012
Visit site

OK I will try to explain this the best I can

1) Bought Phone (Virgin Mobile) Optimus V (Hitachi Screen)
2) Rooted using Gingerbreak
3) Liked everything except that even after partitioning my SD card and using Titanium Backup to move all the apps I could to the SD Card, I still got low memory warnings and could not respond to SMS / GVoice SMS.
4) *Failed to read first*
5) Factory Default Reset the phone. This caused the following.
a) Black screen (but as far as I know booting to CWM Recovery flashed via ROM Manager)
b) Only other thing I could do is get into Download / Emergency Mode
6) Downloaded Files and worked my way through The Truth About ROM Manager - Android Forums and with droid@Screen I was able to flash IHO v4.0.1.4.3 and actually see the Recovery on the phone screen.
7) Flashed new ROM
a) Downloaded BACKside-IHO-VM670-95922012
b) put on SD Card
c) Using IHO Recovery
1) Wipe Cache Partition
2) format /boot, cache, data and system
3) Wipe Dalvic Cache
4) Install BACKside .zip
5) Reboot system
Boots back into recovery
8) Repeat step 7 2x more per ROM x 4 ROMs (the aforementioned BACKside, Harmonia 1.8, Harmonia 2.07 (both OV) and ICSandwich v4

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

OK I will try to explain this the best I can
5) Reboot system
Boots back into recovery

You need to flash the xionnia recovery that has fix bootloop.
I will attach it below. In recovery flash the zip and reboot into recovery.
Then use the fix bootloop function.
Then you can flash the IHO recovery and install your rom.

As you are well away stay the hell away from rom manager. It worthless for our phone.

KaseyRClark

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I'm giving it a try now. OK, so it flashed, I rebooted into Recovery. It says: Android Recovery. ... then when it's done. It reboots, and the LG screen stays on indefinitely. I left it for half an hour. No Glory :(

user-4574

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

Thanks so much for this ROM, unknownartist! My new favorite so far and I'm sticking with it for daily use. My wife loves it too. After I flashed mine, she begged me to ditch Backside and flash it on hers too. (She's a graphic designer, so you know, shiny things and all that. :p)

Right now I have v3 and am curious about one minor thing...

On a few apps and menus, occasionally the fonts or radio buttons on certain elements come out white on white, so sometimes you can't read what you're clicking. An immediate example off the top of my head is the app Pocket (aka Read it Later).

Does anyone else have that issue?
EDIT: Nevermind, I see now it's not just me.

If so, is there a fix for it?...or is it fixed in v4 or being fixed in v5?

I'm fine with v3 (using Go Launcher w/ ICS theme and tvall's kernel) and don't really feel like upgrading ATM, so I'll probably wait for v5, but if that white on white is fixed I'll go ahead an do v4.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.