ARCHIVED: [ROM][FASTEST iHO]ICSandwich2.3.7 [05|21|12]

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaunknownartist

RAZR Developer
Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
@thaunknownartist
I think you need an explanation why you have my statusbar icons in the SystemUI.apk in this ROM. Are you using my builds without giving credit and asking permission?

You also don't have a link to Achep's ICS theme that you use in the ROM. That theme is sold for $1 each on the Android market. Does he know that you are using his theme here?

I'm using the free version of the theme and yes he does know that I am using his theme, and my SystemUI was make with Achep's Patcher o.o and I didn't give credit to no one yet, not even Drew for the kernel because I have released my RC yet. On v7 I am revamping the OP with everything that I haven't changed. I am forked off iHO so I don't know how I could have gotten your apks when I'm synced with them

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the free version of the theme and yes he does know that I am using his theme, and my SystemUI was make with Achep's Patcher o.o and I didn't give credit to no one yet, not even Drew for the kernel because I have released my RC yet. On v7 I am revamping the OP with everything that I haven't changed. I am forked off iHO so I don't know how I could have gotten your apks when I'm synced with them

My icons are not in the IHO repo, you cannot fork them. They are only available in the binaries I distribute. Even if you asked the permission from ACHEP you must include the link to his thread. Did you ask his permission like you didn't ask me?

Reactions: ericrwmson1

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
425704ad-15f8-dcca.jpg

Umm... what free one...

thaunknownartist

RAZR Developer
Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
URL removed pending forums review

Why don't you guy look at forums before coming down my throat. It's free right here and he does know I'm using it, you guys forget that this ROM is back from November when I worked over at xda -.-

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: anthonycr

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Why don't you guy look at forums before coming down my throat. It's free right here and he does know I'm using it, you guys forget that this ROM is back from November when I worked over at xda -.-

You are fooling people as if you are doing a development here. The only thing you do is adding an ICS theme to the ROM without giving credit to the original developer. You are also using apks from my build directly without giving credit again. I just checked, your framework-res.apk is also taken from my build (if not the complete build).

You are a complete fraud.

Here is a link to his V6 build.
You can compare the icons in framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk with my builds. Those icons are made by me and only available in my builds.

Last edited by a moderator:

thaunknownartist

RAZR Developer
Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
You are fooling people as if you are doing a development here. The only thing you do is adding an ICS theme to the ROM without giving credit to the original developer. You are also using apks from my build directly without giving credit again. I just checked, your framework-res.apk is also taken from my build (if not the complete build).

You are a complete fraud.

Dude what you don't get is that I don't PROCLAIM that I DEVELOPED ANYTHING, BUT THE SCRIPTS. Everyone knows it's a themed ROM and it's been this way since before. Are you mad that my ROM is faster then yours and you want it to get taken down.

Because if that is the case I will close the thread right now and everyone will lose out and it will make my life easier. Let's see the reactions of everyone now

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Dude what you don't get is that I don't PROCLAIM that I DEVELOPED ANYTHING, BUT THE SCRIPTS. Everyone knows it's a themed ROM and it's been this way since before. Are you mad that my ROM is faster then yours and you want it to get taken down.

Because if that is the case I will close the thread right now and everyone will lose out and it will make my life easier. Let's see the reactions of everyone now

Oh shut up. People, go get ACHEP's theme and use it with your favorite IHO build.

thaunknownartist

RAZR Developer
Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Oh shut up. People, go get ACHEP's theme and use it with your favorite IHO build.

And I just found the reason you are mad. I'm sorry that people like my ROM more then yours. Let me help you out alittle more before I close this thread.

EVERYONE THAT LIKES MY ROM I'M SORRY TO SAY I WILL BE KILLING THE THREAD TODAY SINCE I'M A FRAUD APPARENTLY. IF YOU WANT YOU CAN TAKE MY SCRIPTS AND GO PLACE THEM ON MIRAGE SO THAT THE DEV CAN FEEL IMPORTANT! THIS THREAD WILL REMAIN OPEN TILL MIDNIGHT EST UNLESS I GET A REASON TO NOT CLOSE IT

-Artist Out

epicb0dyc0unt

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Well I mean... mrg is sort of right. You can just pull that theme now and use it on an IHO build. Sorry to say it bud but I liked harmonia over this. Harmonia is way faster.

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Yo unknown sorry to hear, I liked this build v6 is extremely fast. Fastest iho I've used over many different ones. The only thing that I can think of how he figured this out is that he wanted to see how you made it so dang fast xD by far my favorite rom. Wish you would keep it going :/

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

bkttk2

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Well I was hoping for the the final version (v7). Hopefully you will post it. If you have to give credit to others so be it. You may have pieced things together to make them work which is fine by me. Would have taken me forever to figure out all the tweaks you have implemented. Development is not usually a one person job but input from multiple individuals.

morenoa48

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I was under the impression this was always a themed ROM, BackSide at first and then Mirage. I always wondered about the apk's...
ROM developement isn't as easy as many people think, I tried and failed miserably! You should give the Devs their credit I completely agree with mrg666. Without him, Jerry, Leslie and the many other kick a** developers, we wouldn't have any ROM to theme!!

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I was under the impression this was always a themed ROM, BackSide at first and then Mirage. I always wondered about the apk's...
ROM developement isn't as easy as many people think, I tried and failed miserably! You should give the Devs their credit I completely agree with mrg666. Without him, Jerry, Leslie and the many other kick a** developers, we wouldn't have any ROM to theme!!

Yes, but mrg666 could have just PM'd UKA instead of bringing it out into the public, also UKA said after he released the final he would update the OP giving credit to whom it should go to.

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

Reactions: Badboytoast

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Our findings:

We pulled apart both thaunknownartist's ICSandwich and mrg666's Mirage ROM and found the following:

1) ICSandwich is NOT simply a themed re-posting of Mirage (in the sense that thaunknownartist legitimately built it from source) however the framework-res.apk between the two (latest builds) is 100% identical.

2) Most of SystemUI.apk are identical sans a dozen data connectivity png's. All other images are the same, with few differences in the actual code.

3) The original developer of the ICSandwich CM7 theme, AChep, states clearly in every post of the original thread on XDA: "If you copy it, please let me know about it and make a link to my profile. Regards, AChep."

4) ICSandwich illegally includes Google Apps.

Our response:

Our response starts at bullet 6 here.

Sorry folks, but this ROM does not differentiate itself enough to be labeled as original and legitimate work.

We've made repeated requests in the past that he give proper credit to others, and to be clear with members about what they are getting. It's not cool to get thanked 100+ times for something you did not do.

He is still welcome to post development work (which he has said is underway), but it must be submitted for approval first.

I'm in a no-win situation on this one, but these are the standards that have been set and are applied equally to all developers.

This thread is permanently closed. As always, I'm open to private messages and/or emails if you have any questions or concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800